Fu-Man Chu's Content

There have been 2 items by Fu-Man Chu (Search limited from 21-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#258796 Basic Questions About 88 Crx

Posted by Fu-Man Chu on 25 May 2006 - 01:27 AM in General Posts

Thanks for the replies so far...

1) Sorry I put the question in the wrong forum! Is there someplace else you would recommend me submitting these to? (Ie. a 2G CRX forum?)

2) I myself live in Riverside, CA (SoCal) - but the point about Rust is well noted...

3) "b-series"? Do you mean the second car listed? In any case, yes, I plan to run the VIN's through Carfax.com. Any other suggestions?

Also, how much would it be to put an Air Conditioning system back into the second car? (ballpark?)

Oh, and ghost story???

#258718 Basic Questions About 88 Crx

Posted by Fu-Man Chu on 24 May 2006 - 09:02 PM in General Posts

Hi all - I'm pretty unfamiliar with Civics, but I have an opportunity to buy one of two '88 CRX 2-door Hatchback's and I was hoping for some advice.

The first is a CRX DX w/ a SI tranny
Motor has been replaced w/ Japanese VTEC "AC Short block single-overhead Cam" with a "Y8 head" and "DX Headers"
Computer is also replaced
New Clutch
New Axle
It's got air conditioning (but don't know how well it works - will be checking it out tomorrow)
There's also a pair of "Tenko racing seats", and 16" Razor rims.

He's asking 1700.

The second one also has a new motor: a VTEC "dual over head cam GSR 1800" motor w/ headers
Replaced computer
"Edelbrock manifold"
Modified front suspension
"KYB adjustible shocks"
16" rims and B&M shifter.
No AC on this one, and he didn' say anything about SI tranny or not.

I didn't get a price on this one.

I'll be going to take a look at them tomorrow. Any help much appreciated! (even if it's 'the deal sucks' or 'sounds good!'). Oh, and also if there's anything else I should look at / be wary of.

Thanks for helping out a new guy!