wside2nr's Content

There have been 36 items by wside2nr (Search limited from 10-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#57094 2wheel Dolly And A Busted Panhard Bar?

Posted by wside2nr on 15 February 2004 - 07:04 PM in General Posts

tongue.gif tongue.gif DRIVE IT YA'BIG PUSS!!
I can follow with a shovel and broom to clean up the aftermath!!! laugh.gif

#26425 Weighed The Crx Today

Posted by wside2nr on 15 June 2003 - 01:40 PM in 1G CRX

I had "CUSTOM WORKS" of Charleston WV to fabricate me a complete carbon fiber unibody!,right and left door shells,a rear hacth with intergrated wing,flared qtr panels and hood, the stock fenders had all unwanted material removed and placed on the front clip with all aluminum fastners,carbon fiber front and rear bumper covers,and I also aquired a SPOON SPORTS 1650cc sohcV-tec coupled to a close mission trans with a stage 3 clucthmaster's clucth pressure plate and alum. flywheel, spoon wheels(4Kg's each) a poly fuel cell, chromoly D.O.M. roll cage from fused-direct .
It is hands down the mother of all rexes!

1200 pounds wet with driver!

so bring it on sucka! laugh.gif

#26423 No More 87..byebye

Posted by wside2nr on 15 June 2003 - 01:27 PM in 1G CRX

laugh.gif SOUNDS LIKE A REAL P.O.S.!

#23757 My Next Red Car, Sorry, Not A Honda

Posted by wside2nr on 18 May 2003 - 10:15 AM in General Posts

ohmy.gif Dude! DONT DO IT!!!!!!
I am an avid freak!
260 -z was the shitbird of the flock! down here in WV I could get you one twice the car in a 240 or 280 for half that!
and the chassis WILL RUST into right under the battery on the lower right frame rail

*******260 -z is not a good car*****************

look past the flashy paint and wing!!!!!! look at the gallery at the z- car I have been 2ning on!
I have had no less than 20 z cars in my life and all were full house cars, the 260 is a bullshit copy of it's earlier counterparts!

the motor is low power, heavier,sorry ass carbs!
the carbs in the photo is a set of 32-36 webber DGV's some one like BOB SHARP racing tried that trick in the early 80's as an answer to the low power and shitty carbs! they suck!!

I was given a 71 240-z last week! running condition header,carbs and all!
dont waste your money!!
get a 240-z or a 280-z, 280-zx, 300zx or any but NOT A 260!!!!!!!!!!

one more year 1975 the first 280-z went to fuel injection and 2.8 litre power plant the body is same as the pic bbut they were VERY FASSSSSSSSSSST!!!! and reliable!

the fuel injection solved all the problems with the carb issue, plus a 280 block has a better coolant flow over the 260 and did not want to schorch the #5 #6 piston!

the 260 is an overbored 240 it has thin cylender walls and lots of overheating issues when modifed or drove to it's limits.

I am not trying to discourage you but if you gotta have a datsun Z research it a little before you throw down some hard earned cash!

the owner has probably done found out what he is dealing with (hence the loss of intrest in the project) for the same money and very simalar looks you could be in a sweet ass 240 or 280 they are the forgotten about 2nr car I have owned datsun Zcars since the 70's I KNOW!

OUR STUFF!

#22646 Crx Commercial?

Posted by wside2nr on 04 May 2003 - 10:08 AM in General Posts

guess you had to be there? unsure.gif

#22644 Top Speed

Posted by wside2nr on 04 May 2003 - 09:04 AM in General Posts

tongue.gif here it is 88'DX 195/50-15 Falken Azenis open 4 lane hiway down a long grade 1.5 dual point injection,port and polish(mild) Jett re chipped ecu, adj fuel pressure reg premium fuel,aand 80-100 hp shot of NOS!
rpm's7,000 top speed 141mph indicated on a Garmin GPS held it for about 1/4 mile and let off, then a month later threw that engine in DA'TRASH!

I have pics of the instrument cluster and of the gps I will post them on the gallery!

******PROFESSIONAL DRIVER IN CONTROLLED CONDITIONS******

***********DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS AT HOME******************
tongue.gif

#20658 Discounted Honda Parts

Posted by wside2nr on 10 April 2003 - 06:22 PM in General Posts

I own a auto collision shop and honda gives me a straight up 25% DISCOUNT ON EVERYTHING! wink.gif

#20178 Iq Test

Posted by wside2nr on 06 April 2003 - 06:04 PM in General Posts

biggrin.gif the weed has nothiing to do with it!

when I got back from "phily" I hit a 149! laugh.gif

DUMBAZZ! and got this great idea for a new turbo direct port Nos I just need some cubic inches under the hood so it is easier to make power!

i was at the strip thursday and after a hard winter the little DX still pulls down 10.5's
but I am working on this QUAD CARB d16 direct port nos and Si trans we willll see how it does!
Oh Yea I now Own a full on RACE CAR! 88 crx Si with only 10 thousand miles!
Been a race car since new!

#20168 Iq Test

Posted by wside2nr on 06 April 2003 - 11:14 AM in General Posts

tongue.gif BETTER BREAK OUT THE BOOKS "SUCKA'S" Jony GOTZ Da' 146 Yo! biggrin.gif

Any OnE WaNt To Go 2 "philly" Yo!

#19698 Have You Ever Seen Such A Thing

Posted by wside2nr on 30 March 2003 - 03:01 PM in General Posts

wink.gif WAIT TIL I GET THOSE MIKUNI'S ADAPTED TO THE INTAKE! tongue.gif

#19233 What And Why? Antiroll Mod

Posted by wside2nr on 21 March 2003 - 08:06 PM in General Posts

"penetration" is not the problem I have it is finding something to "penetrate" laugh.gif

#19039 Thanks For The Decals

Posted by wside2nr on 17 March 2003 - 07:43 PM in General Posts

ohmy.gif I want some stickers!
they are 15+ wheel horsepower (per side) biggrin.gif

#19038 New Carb Ideas

Posted by wside2nr on 17 March 2003 - 07:37 PM in General Posts

I am a carb fanatic and I have always thought they would work!
the intake in the chop saw cut off about four inches from the base long runners give lots of torque(bottom end) short runners top end revs!
I used to race karts and I ran some highly modified 4cycle briggs class I built a manifold and was running two tillotson carbs on a 5 hore block and it kicked ass!
I also mounted a 44mm webber IDF (down draft) on a stock DX intake with a phonelic(composit ) spacer/adapter. it was awsome but the 1.5 would really be happy with two side drafts or 4 moto carbs just has to be at least same displacement as honda motor i.e. carbs from a 1500+ cc bike to see any real gains in performance any smaller would be all fluff!

#19037 13 X 8 Race Rims On Ebay

Posted by wside2nr on 17 March 2003 - 07:27 PM in General Posts

I have access to ALOT of goodyear eagles catilever racing slicks 13x8 they are very sticky!
I mount mine up and drive the 5 or 6 miles to the event to warm them up!
or just get them wet and do a big ass nitrous burnout!

#18542 Mmmmm... Factory Wheel

Posted by wside2nr on 09 March 2003 - 09:37 AM in General Posts

funny you would say that!
I was in the MARINES stationed in JAX NC in 1985 and I drove a new DODGE CHARGER 2.2(wow) and the dealership also sold Honda's one day while the 2.2 POS was getting serviced I was roaming the lot and in the showroom was a new86'Si CRX with all these crazy ass Japan writing down the sides and big fat fenders and kick ass wheel's
It was a MUGEN prepped Si.
I was just to dumb to trade the dodge for it I thought it was some hokey dealer installed shit.
I WAS WRONG !

#18229 Hks First Gen Turbo Kit

Posted by wside2nr on 04 March 2003 - 07:42 PM in 1G CRX

biggrin.gif JET BOAT!!!!!!!

I am building a 1973 wriedt stinger BigBlock Olds 455 ROCK-It!
18 ft berkley pump place diverter and intake AA impellor!

#18219 Breaks!

Posted by wside2nr on 04 March 2003 - 06:24 PM in General Posts

I WOULD RATHER WALK AND CARRY A HONDA EMBLEM IN MY POCKET THAN DRIVE A STINKIN' AZZ FORD Yo! laugh.gif

#17956 Another Possible Kit?

Posted by wside2nr on 01 March 2003 - 09:19 AM in General Posts

HEY!
Thats the same kit I have on my 2g 88'rex I am a body shop guy and from x-periance I can say IT WONT WORK!

dont get hooked! I tried a piece of mine and it is totally different!

1G 2G are two totally different rides!
L8ER

#17853 It's Allmost That Time

Posted by wside2nr on 27 February 2003 - 07:02 PM in General Posts

me and LEW shot some awsome drift's in my 1G dx and my 2G DXSiR!
HA!

#17764 Heads Up. Zc Carbs

Posted by wside2nr on 25 February 2003 - 07:38 PM in General Posts

I have a friend up in cleveland OH that swears by that junk for racing production class they look like prelude carbs but they are not they will bolt on a 2gen d15 or d16 they run good but nothing to write home about!

#17603 Carpet

Posted by wside2nr on 23 February 2003 - 08:33 PM in 1G CRX

the carpet trick is this: My old man used to deal in trade in cars and he could take an old hagard out carpet and make it look new like this......

bucket of hot water ,add RIT fabric dye and about a 1/4 cup of BABY SHAMPOO!

vac off the carpet (WITH SEATS REMOVED) SOAK THE CARPET and with a med. bristle brush scrubb the rug with the dye/shampoo mix(wear gloves) and then vac it out with a wet/dry vac, start the car(out of the garage of course) and turn the heat on HIGH with all the windows up and a slight crack at the top of one let the car run for 15-20 minutes the moisture will escape out of the cracked window and the carpet is dry !
PLUS the whole air heat system is fresh smelling and the carpet will look like new!

I did this to a 300zx that had crappy light blue grease stained carpet and went with a darker blue dye and it looked AWSOME for about 5 yrs!!

Black carpet really looks new this way!

NOW the MA audio issue they areabout two yrs old and I jam the fuc* out of 'em daily have never had a glicth! the amp is.5 ohm stable and can handle alot of punishment it is digital and makes great use of power 3 600W dual vc 12"'s I can raise a 1 litre "BIG SLAM" Mountain Dew off the roof 2 inches! Holy Shit man thats loud!

#17602 Spark Plug Question...

Posted by wside2nr on 23 February 2003 - 08:14 PM in 1G CRX

does "not given" have any auto parts stores?

Advance auto parts sell NGK plugs and can PDQ NGK wires in one day!
(of course my honey work for NGK and she can overnight parts from JAPAN) they only cost around $50 USD it is good innvestment for reliability!

#17601 Spark Plug Question...

Posted by wside2nr on 23 February 2003 - 08:09 PM in 1G CRX

sounds like it got runn till it overheated that causes detonation and the blown head gasket!
be sure while you have the hhead removed from the car to check the sealing surface with a straight edge and feeler guage to make sure it is not warpped!

I have a thick piece of glass onto wich I place a sheet of #400 grit wet or dry sand paper, then spray a light coat of cheap spraycan paint on the sealing surface of the head and make a pass or two over the glass/sandpaper it will leave paint in the low spots if all of the painnt dosn't come off in a couple of passes 5 or 6 it should be all clean if not a good indication that your head is warped from too much heat! if you have a good machine shop nearby have the head resurfaced but no more than a couple of thousanths or you will run into other problems.

good luck!

#17584 I Need Help Fast!

Posted by wside2nr on 23 February 2003 - 02:45 PM in 1G CRX

Hey!
Send LEW a PM he has some spare ECU's in his parts pile! he wont hurt you on the price either, hhe had somewhat the same problems.

those sensors are in the dizzy I think?

LEW also has some spare dizzy's and parts HIT HIM UP!

L8ER

#17570 Fi?

Posted by wside2nr on 23 February 2003 - 08:58 AM in 1G CRX

biggrin.gif Hey!
YOU FORGOT 1

POS! pice of shit!
laugh.gif