EPcivic's Content

There have been 1 items by EPcivic (Search limited from 15-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#574319 D16A1 Turbo Setup F/s

Posted by EPcivic on 14 October 2015 - 11:39 AM in FS

With EP moving to an all FWD class, I just don't have the heart to put my Civic back together with the XP drivetrain, so I'm looking to sell or part it out to make room and funding to build another 12v EP motor. 

Once I get at least some of the major components sold, I'll post up another list with all of the other related bits and pieces that I won't be needing - things like the Racelogic Traction Control.

Right now, I'd like to offer up the entire turbo system that I built. This system is very specifically fitted to a 1st gen CRX or 3rd gen Civic with a D16A1 twin cam motor, but most of it could be used on any D16 in any Honda. The exhaust and intercooler piping are unlikely to fit anything else without some modifications. This is an extremely well thought out and well fabricated system, specifically designed for autocross and it delivered exactly as planned. At a very low boost level (under 12psi), I made 270hp and between 190-200ft-lbs from about 3000 to 8000 rpm. The throttle response is instant, which makes it very easy to drive. In 3rd gear, I was seeing acceleration of over 1g!

The system starts with a stainless steel mini-ram manifold, which places the turbo low and close to the block.

DSC06511.JPG

The turbo is a brand new, never used Garrett GT2560r. This is a ball bearing turbo, and is perfectly sized for a D16.

The exhaust is all polished stainless steel, and exits right out the passenger side ahead of the front tire. This very likely won't fit directly in any other car.

29esj2u.jpg

The intake manifold is completely custom, and features tapered runners and bell-mouths. It has a brand new throttle body and tps. The intercooler is also completely custom. The blow off valve is a Synapse - pretty much the best you can buy.

7291222278_224bdf4c65.jpg

Full details of the build can be found here: http://="http://www.....=build thread"

Ideally, I'd like to sell the whole setup to one person, but will consider parting it out if I start with some of the bigger ticket items. The whole setup would include everything pictured below, plus some lines and hoses and boost gauge not pictured:

2s6aw5z.jpg

Custom Stainless mini-ram manifold
Brand new Garrett GT2560r internally gated turbocharger and actuator - you will need to make a bracket for the actuator.
Custom stainless exhaust
EF oil pan modified with drain tube.
Air intake piping, couplers, and huge air filter
Custom intercooler, piping, couplers
Synapse BOV
Custom intake manifold with new throttle body and tps
Fuel rail 
750cc RC injectors - just cleaned and flowed
Hoses and lines to connect oil and water to the turbo

Asking $2000 for the entire setup. 

The turbo itself is about $950 these days, and the exhaust manifold would be in the $400-$800 range, and the intake in the $800-$2000 range to have made. 

I will also have a bunch of cool D16A1 parts for sale once this moves. Mostly head parts (JDM ZC cams, cam gears, oversized valves, Ti retainers, springs, powdercoated valve cover, coil on plug setup) 

PM me if interested in any of this stuff, or send me an email; caraglin72 (AT) gmail (dot) com.

For and additonal $500, I would include a fully built and assembled D16A1 bottom end (forged rods, Endyn Rollerwave pistons, ARP head studs, and a couple of stock heads, and the race-prepped head that cracked due to freezing water, with ZC cams, cam gears, Ti retainers, oversized valves, springs, powdercoated valve cover, etc.  Basically everything you would need to build a complete motor - all you would need to do is a valve job to fit the oversized valves to the head, and assemble the head to the block.  I won't be selling the motor parts until the turbo is sold, and it won't be at this price unless it goes as a complete package.  

Thanks - Chris