hot_EG's Content

There have been 2 items by hot_EG (Search limited from 24-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#13935 Might purchase '86 crx. seek advice (long)

Posted by hot_EG on 03 January 2003 - 02:40 AM in 1G CRX

Guys,

Thanks for the tip on the rust...but I'm in Texas, and still checked for rust, and there is nothing.

Everything under the car is perfect. When I say perfect, I mean perfect.

I've seen many, MANY 1G CRX's, and this is easily and by far the cleanest most original I've ever seen. It's cleaner than many of the ones I've seen here in the gallery.

I realize 2500K is a lil steep, but it is afterall 2500 OBO. I'm more than willing to pay 2K.

All I was worried about was the carb smile.gif

Thanks guys. I'll post some pics up if I get the car   biggrin.gif

#13674 Might purchase '86 crx. seek advice (long)

Posted by hot_EG on 29 December 2002 - 09:12 PM in 1G CRX

I'm new to anything 1st gen

I'm currently working on an h22 swap into my '92 Civic, but I lack about  2 grand to get it going properly.

I have no car, and need one to get a job, to finish my swap. I'm going to sell my h22, and buy a car to get to and from work.

Now, I really like the 1st gen CRX...the looks particularly.

I found an '86 White CRX (dunno what trim level)...it's all original, not one dent or scratch on the entire body, no rust, has a/c and it works, brand new tires, clean title, and only 103K original miles.

The shop wants $2500 cash for it, and I'm thinking about buying it for the simple fact that it's quite simply the cleanest most original CRX I've ever seen.

Now are I know these cars are carbed....is it going to give me any trouble in the morning when I'm trying to get going on a cold day?

Is there anything I need to look out for? I'm not looking to replace anything on the car..I hope to use it as is for about 7-8 months, and then maybe mod it. Anything I should be weary about or take a close look at before I purchase?

I'm kind of mad about having to get another job just to finish my first project, and I don't want this car to turn into a project. Just looking for a very reliable daily driver smile.gif

Any info, help, things to look out for etc will be greatly appreciated.