v8killa's Content

There have been 23 items by v8killa (Search limited from 22-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#178619 Sunroof Pics For Install

Posted by v8killa on 23 June 2005 - 09:02 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (incubusfan21 @ Jun 22 2005, 06:18 PM)
Just the the metal pannel for the sunroof. Theres no room for the blinder to open into the room which is why the sun roof opens over the top of the roof. I think it's better that way looks wise any ways.

I might attempt putting a window IN the existing sunroof. as for a blinder I wioll do the same thing that BMW does to their mini's...just make a sort of shade that unravels.

I need to take some closeups of the CRX but I haven't gotton a chance too yet sorry dude!

#178119 Loco84

Posted by v8killa on 21 June 2005 - 11:02 AM in Vouch/Feedback

awesome seller! got me my sunroof in good time and the roof was in VERY good condition. was also very good at communicating throughout the whole process.

Thanks again man!

#177913 Sunroof Pics For Install

Posted by v8killa on 20 June 2005 - 12:47 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (v8killa @ Jun 19 2005, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (pack23 @ Jun 19 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
hmm.. so it looks like it just mounts with 2 bolts over teh windsheild, a couple over each door and probably a couple at the back...  i wonder if theya ll have pre threaded holes  for those bolts..  

seeing as my CDM 84 hatchback had pre made threads for all of the d16a1 emmessions stuff and AC stuff and pretty much everything that was never an option in canada..

it could be possible..

yeah, thats how I have the sunroof mouted right now....the dx comes with the pre drilled and pre-threaded holes already, so its a matter of cutting a hole on the roof, and mounting the sunroof...

v8killa, would you happen to have pics of the top of your roof? I want to see how it looks like from the top with the sunroof open. Do you think you could take a couple of pics of the sunroof open and closed? I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

There are 4 bolts in the back, two in the front and two per side...they are 10 mm

as for the gutter area, the sunroof pan acts as a gutter I think. I'll upload pics tomorrow morning...just a matter of getting them from my PC to this one.

#177808 Sunroof Pics For Install

Posted by v8killa on 19 June 2005 - 09:41 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (pack23 @ Jun 19 2005, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Jun 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
hmm.. so it looks like it just mounts with 2 bolts over teh windsheild, a couple over each door and probably a couple at the back...  i wonder if theya ll have pre threaded holes  for those bolts..  

seeing as my CDM 84 hatchback had pre made threads for all of the d16a1 emmessions stuff and AC stuff and pretty much everything that was never an option in canada..

it could be possible..

yeah, thats how I have the sunroof mouted right now....the dx comes with the pre drilled and pre-threaded holes already, so its a matter of cutting a hole on the roof, and mounting the sunroof...

v8killa, would you happen to have pics of the top of your roof? I want to see how it looks like from the top with the sunroof open. Do you think you could take a couple of pics of the sunroof open and closed? I would really appreciate it.

thanks,

There are 4 bolts in the back, two in the front and two per side...they are 10 mm

as for the gutter area, the sunroof pan acts as a gutter I think. I'll upload pics tomorrow morning...just a matter of getting them from my PC to this one.

#177698 Sunroof Pics For Install

Posted by v8killa on 18 June 2005 - 08:39 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 18 2005, 09:52 AM)
yeah but he has a crx dx for it so it shoudl be fine..
Oh snap. This entire time I've been speaking w/him about his car and he has a rex. Well shabang, my face is definatly red. blush.gif

sorry dude that's the best I can do...i just did my roof today I wish I had seen this post this morning.

#175858 Running Rich?

Posted by v8killa on 10 June 2005 - 05:31 AM in 1G CRX

it feels smells like fuel so that's why I thought it was running rich. I will check the plugs but my tools are at my dad's, car is at my house. If it is dark colored is there anyway to fic this?

#175082 Running Rich?

Posted by v8killa on 06 June 2005 - 03:39 PM in 1G CRX

anyone know of a cure for the car running rich? or does it automatically run like that. It's a lot like my SRT was, it must be some where around 9 to 1 A/F cause I got fuel spilling out the exhaust...

#172946 So Very Very Confused :(

Posted by v8killa on 25 May 2005 - 11:20 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ May 25 2005, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (v8killa @ May 25 2005, 11:10 AM)
can someone break down all these engine codes for the stupid neon owner! d15, d15 b16 b18. It all makes me want to shout out "BINGO!" or something. I'm looking into swapping my engine next year sometime and I want to know what the cheaper one would be, what the best one would be, which one sucks balls....etc etc.

thanks in advance to the knowledgable crowd.

None of them suck balls because your dealing with Honda, not Dodge product. The letter is the series of motor and the other two number is the engine displacement in liters and dropping the decimal point. So, D15 would be equal to a d-series motor that is 1.5L in displacement.

lol well as it stands right now my dodge would SMOKE my honda. and though they are out there, there aren't any honda's around me that would smoke my car. no offense. I've only been beat by one so far and I have to say I was impressed by the kids inginuity with his custom made turbo kit mounted on a GSR motor. ironcally he was a ford mechanic from RI wink.gif

ANYWAY, now that I've defended my poor little neon from the haters.... Thanks you so much for the info guys espcially GIFF. now I just have to figure out if I want to do this myself or not....

#172802 So Very Very Confused :(

Posted by v8killa on 25 May 2005 - 11:10 AM in 1G CRX

can someone break down all these engine codes for the stupid neon owner! d15, d15 b16 b18. It all makes me want to shout out "BINGO!" or something. I'm looking into swapping my engine next year sometime and I want to know what the cheaper one would be, what the best one would be, which one sucks balls....etc etc.

thanks in advance to the knowledgable crowd.

#172617 Removing The Roof Lining?

Posted by v8killa on 24 May 2005 - 05:42 PM in 1G CRX

cool! thanks for the heads up.

#172294 Removing The Roof Lining?

Posted by v8killa on 23 May 2005 - 10:44 AM in 1G CRX

is there some easy way to remove the roof lining? I need to access the sunroof assembly (to take it out) and I only looked at it real quick. I bought a haynes manual but as usual I can't find anything on the removal and installation of the sunroof.

#171800 Parting 86 Crx Si With D16a1 And Other Goodies

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 02:12 PM in FS

QUOTE (MiAsMa @ May 20 2005, 02:58 PM)
yes i do have the sunroof assembly, though its a bit sticky. i dont know if you can clean it when its apart but your welcome to give it a try.  $20?

thanks,
Shane

lol I wanna cry now! I didn't realize you live in Canada. I'm an idiot. thanks anyway man.

#171797 Wtb: Sunroof For 86 Si.

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 02:01 PM in WTB

crap. oh well. I was gonna say "go greyhound" it's $49.65 from detroit, MI to framingham MA for a 50lb box with the maximum length being 44 inchs. I'm gonna go to the junkyard and at a lleast take a look. thanks anyway though.

#171794 Parting 86 Crx Si With D16a1 And Other Goodies

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 01:53 PM in FS

I know I'm whoreing it up here but you don't happen to have a sunroof assembly do ya? need one despretly, but want to make sure the pan is good.

#171793 Wtb: Sunroof For 86 Si.

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 01:48 PM in WTB

don't suppose you have weights and dims on that thing do ya? if you could find a box I'll FIND a way to ship it.

#171766 Wtb: Sunroof For 86 Si.

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 11:14 AM in WTB

looking for the complete setup. rails pan all that crap....

#171761 Fs Parting Out Complete 88 Crx Si

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 11:06 AM in FS

how about the sunroof pan and all glass and stuff? also, will it fit an 86?

#171726 New To The Honda Scene

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 08:32 AM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (bscott0812 @ May 19 2005, 08:46 PM)
HEY, ask locfo84 about a sunroof, hes got a brand new one for sale and ill vouch theres no rust in it..i was gonna get it, but im thinking about getting a glass one made...hes got the motor, tracks and all, i just sold him another one

good news I just found out the motor works. I guess the guy just disconnected it from the back of the dash so the button didn't work.....I still need the glass though so I'm gonna head to teh junkyard on saturday....rain permitting.

#171712 Vin Reports

Posted by v8killa on 20 May 2005 - 07:00 AM in General Posts

e-mail sent.

#171642 New To The Honda Scene

Posted by v8killa on 19 May 2005 - 07:59 PM in 1G CRX

how much? and I live in massachusetts.

#171641 New To The Honda Scene

Posted by v8killa on 19 May 2005 - 07:57 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ May 19 2005, 07:21 PM)
A sunroof can be sourced from a good junkyard, check the online used Honda parts dealers. But the sunroof is a lot of weight in a bad place, consider another alternative to replacing the sunroof. Honda still stocks the e brake cables... or check the junkyard. Also check the junkyard for wheels, water-cooled VW wheels fit the Hondas.

Make sure the positive side of your battery does not short out on that metal CAI, that is a common problem.

Nice looking Neon. I would have made the Honda my race car and kept the Neon for a DD.

Scott

thanks for the info on the CAI, I noticed it was REAL close. I'm not a big fan of it so I'll proably have to do something. got any suggestions? my friends neon caught on fire that way so I'm not looking to make the same mistake. I want the sunroof though. I'm not concerned about making this thing fast....yet. I just want to make it decent. the mileage is really good for the year it is so . next year I'll drop the jdm motor in maybe and beef up some suspension.

as for my neon as a DD. it's not very good at it. First gear is preactically useless. it's good for begining a burnout. in the winter time I have to start it in 2nd and somtimes 3rd (and that hurts the clutch.) as she sits she has about 285 hp. not only that I have to insure it for full coverage while it's on the road and for me, that's expensive. the CRX will be cheap when I do insure it. Also gas mileage was a factor. my neon, since she's a turbo and I can't seem to keep her out of boost unsure.gif gets about 15 mpg highway. I think that's mostly cause I love the sound of 20 lbs of boost cool.gif

again, thanks for the info. I'll be headed to a junkyard on sunday.

#171589 New To The Honda Scene

Posted by v8killa on 19 May 2005 - 01:14 PM in 1G CRX

lol sorry, I should have said I want new rims. planning on repainting it to it's former black glory, and geting some white stars. problem is I dunno what can fit on this thing.

#171584 New To The Honda Scene

Posted by v8killa on 19 May 2005 - 12:49 PM in 1G CRX

I just bought a 1986 honda crx si. it's been beat a lil bit lol but I was looking for a daily driver as my car (2003 dodge SRT-4) is becoming a track car. There are a few things I want to fix on the Si :

1) the sunroof: where do I find a replacement? right now it's only got a piece of like lexan there.
2) the e-brake cables
3) the rims.

any help on any of this would be helpful guys. like how to's and where to get parts.

pics of the Si:

my srt-4: