ZonderZout's Content

There have been 50 items by ZonderZout (Search limited from 30-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#193906 More, Better Pics Of '86 Crx Si

Posted by ZonderZout on 21 September 2005 - 10:41 AM in General Posts

word!

Nice going, good luck with the project.

#193905 Man This Sux

Posted by ZonderZout on 21 September 2005 - 10:33 AM in 1G CRX

Ah man, I've got to move over there! You idiots have a lot of increddibly funny shit to do there!

#188209 Hey Boys

Posted by ZonderZout on 12 August 2005 - 07:46 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (CRXsBaby @ Aug 12 2005, 01:19 AM)
Oh, and I'm hot...

Did you know vanity is one of the 10 deadly sins?

Bah, bragging! mad.gif

tongue.gif

#188208 California Crackdown On Modified Cars

Posted by ZonderZout on 12 August 2005 - 07:40 AM in General Posts

Boy am I glad I live in The Netherlands...

But seriously, do you guys in Calafornia take this kinda crap from the local government? It's insane! You cannot compare a street racer with a car enthousiast!

I mean... I want to make my 1G CRX really good looking, with spoilers, tainted windows, nice sounding exhausts, cool air intakes... but I'm not a street racer! My sister even tells me I drive like an old fart!

I say you guys should organise a large protest against this new law with fellow car enthousiasts! Block some important roads or something. Or just have a meeting out front at the local government's department?

Really, the US has gone nothing but downhill, if you ask me.

#188206 Just Bought My First 1g Crx <3

Posted by ZonderZout on 12 August 2005 - 07:18 AM in General Posts

Once you've driven one of these, you are officially addicted!

#188198 15" Wheels For Street

Posted by ZonderZout on 12 August 2005 - 06:09 AM in General Posts

I have 185/50/15 magnesium wheels. They look awesome and weigh less than the original wheels, or any alu wheel.

I got them for 50 Euro's from a friend of mine who had no idea what they were worth (and neither had I). But I came to understand that they really are quite expensive. Great bargain! And they look nice as well, old skool y0! smile.gif

#188197 5th Gear Sounds Like An Electro Cart

Posted by ZonderZout on 12 August 2005 - 05:41 AM in 1G CRX

Holy shit, this could be related to me changing the right... ehm... driving axle (is that correct?). We lost some gear oil then, but I refilled it as well. Maybe there's a leak then.

I will check this out asap! Thanks!

#188008 5th Gear Sounds Like An Electro Cart

Posted by ZonderZout on 11 August 2005 - 09:43 AM in 1G CRX

Hello there,

Since last week, my 5th gear is starting to sound like an electro cart. There's a strange "buzz", so to speak.

I remember a friend of mine driving an '89 Honda Accord having the same weird humming buzzing electro cart sound in his 5th gear. About a month later his 5th gear blew out.

I reckon some of you probably know what's going on, so please let me know if my friend's destiny is also mine, or how I could fix the problem. It's not as loud as it was with my friend's car, but still I worry!

Thanks!

#177006 Strenthening Fenders

Posted by ZonderZout on 15 June 2005 - 02:47 PM in 1G CRX

If you put some rubber rings between the fender and the screws, you would decrease the chances of cracking quite a bit.

But this may be a silly reply, since you obviously already knew this smile.gif

#177005 Newbi Question About His Crx

Posted by ZonderZout on 15 June 2005 - 02:43 PM in General Posts

Indeed! A 1G is a 1G, don't you dare putting any 2G stuff on it! smile.gif

Congratulations with a nice purchase. I hope you will have fun with it.

I use my 87 crx as a daily drive as well. I have replaced the shocks with yellow Koni's and some red colored springs of an unknown brand (at least to me). It's a lot stiffer now, without lowering it. I like it this way, but it's probably personal.

I still want to lower my ride, but I will need some hints on how-to first smile.gif

Also, are there any rear-sway bars available for the 1G? I have a front sway bar, but I would sertainly like a rear sway-bar as well!

#176998 Carbon Fiber Zc Hoods!

Posted by ZonderZout on 15 June 2005 - 02:28 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Jun 15 2005, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (MIXEDBREED @ Jun 15 2005, 02:29 PM)
i will pay almost any price to get one of these shiped to canada why wont you ship it to canada????  i have ordered full body kits from ca before with no problems.
if i do a buy of like 5 will you send them to canada?????

I just don't know if I can do that right now......the trouble is finding a carrier who will not charge too much!

Then why don't you just charge him the shipping costs?
That would solve the problem, wouldn't it? unsure.gif

#176997 Jdm Brown Top Zc Motor In Toronto?

Posted by ZonderZout on 15 June 2005 - 02:21 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (ballade @ Jun 15 2005, 02:15 PM)
This doesn't sound good. Were all Brown top Twin cams in Japan raited at 135hp?

125, if I am not mistaking.

Over here in The Netherlands we don't know any better than the 125bhp DOHC ZC engines. Of course there are the 84/85 1.5 carb's, but they are harder to come by than a 86/87 1.6i ZC.

But uhm... sorry to say I woulnd't know how to come by any ZC at your location. Good luck though.

#166343 Color Test

Posted by ZonderZout on 27 April 2005 - 11:00 AM in General Posts

All I get is 100%... there must be something wrong with the test...

#166338 1st Lapping Day Of The Year

Posted by ZonderZout on 27 April 2005 - 10:51 AM in General Posts

I wanna see you do some cornering smile.gif

#166337 The Results Of Having Too Much Fun...

Posted by ZonderZout on 27 April 2005 - 10:48 AM in General Posts

makes me wonder what a mullet is

#164601 "trippy" Ebay Crx

Posted by ZonderZout on 21 April 2005 - 10:17 AM in General Posts

the horror!

#156762 Coolant System Problems

Posted by ZonderZout on 22 March 2005 - 06:07 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Mar 21 2005, 03:06 PM)
do you mean

piston rings ???

Probably, yes smile.gif

#156761 Hello, Again, From Japan!

Posted by ZonderZout on 22 March 2005 - 06:03 AM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (1g Supremacy @ Mar 18 2005, 07:46 PM)

OMG! Look at those head lights! They seem to be opening like the 2G/3G Prelude headlights! That would be SO cool on my 1G crx!!

#156524 85 Crx Lights In 86

Posted by ZonderZout on 21 March 2005 - 09:51 AM in 1G CRX

Shame on you for wrecking your rex, Jeff!

I have these recessed waiting to be mounted as well, it would be nice to see any pictures available on what needs to be converted.

#156523 Coolant System Problems

Posted by ZonderZout on 21 March 2005 - 09:33 AM in General Posts

Here's another trick in finding out if you have a blown head gasket.

Try set your oil level measure thingy on fire. It should die out instantly. If it sparkles and bubbles, there is coolant in your engine. Meaning a blown headgasket.
If it burns, there's fuel in your oil... which means broken... euhm... zuigerveren... err, piston springs... :s screw my english vocabulary on car parts...

#153473 Some New Pics

Posted by ZonderZout on 09 March 2005 - 03:00 PM in General Posts

wait a minute... something is up with that front cover... are you faking us?

#150512 Pics!

Posted by ZonderZout on 25 February 2005 - 02:15 PM in General Posts

That is a really tight rex man!

I had two black 1G crx's myself and when seeing this one, I really start thinking about painting my current red... well... pinkish 1G black again. It's really really good looking!

That bumper lip is indeed a stock lip. All European 86-87 CRX's have it mounted.

You should paint it the same color as your car to give it a real big ass look. Perhaps even paint the bump strips on your door and skirts in the same black as your car, since they seem to have been painted the same color on your bumpers.

The only way to clean up the valve cover would be to sand it, I think. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to find a second valve cover and clean that up.

Also, it could be neat to paint your brake pads black (or red or silver or whatever). smile.gif

And... ehm... I'd find myself a EDM 1G steering wheel. They are so much better looking than these US granny wheels...

I'll shut up now... your car is neat! Respect! cool.gif

#150270 Today's My Birthday!`

Posted by ZonderZout on 24 February 2005 - 01:22 PM in General Posts

Did you know that age 21 would be a great age for

MARRIAGE!

?

#150266 Junkyard Score

Posted by ZonderZout on 24 February 2005 - 01:14 PM in General Posts

That is awesome! I've never seen a CRX with cruise control yet. That is a rare part!

#150215 2nd Gen Zc Head On Brown Top Block

Posted by ZonderZout on 24 February 2005 - 10:08 AM in 1G CRX

Wait! Hold your fire! =dives behind his desk=

Mr Toxic-I-think-I-know-it-all-shit! tongue.gif

I wasn't so terribly silly after all, according to my very reliable source. The 2nd Gen ZC engine (which does not exist) kevo2k6 is talking about, is probably the D16Z engine.

And to answer the question accordingly, you can find out about the interchangability (cool word... did I get it right?) here:

FAQ item about changing head

cool.gif