t25_civic's Content

There have been 41 items by t25_civic (Search limited from 29-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#88227 Idle Air Control

Posted by t25_civic on 24 June 2004 - 02:33 PM in 3G Civic

Thanks for all your and everyone elses help!

I should be getting the pictures up today of what I did just to make it a little clearer with actual pics!

Nick

#88115 Idle Air Control

Posted by t25_civic on 24 June 2004 - 03:24 AM in 3G Civic

well its fixed! I went out and tightened that plastic piece all the way clockwise and started her up! BOOM! Idles perfect now!

My question is, will I need to unscrew that in the winter? Or will it be fine for now on?

Thanks,

Nick

#87893 Idle Air Control

Posted by t25_civic on 23 June 2004 - 01:03 PM in 3G Civic

I live in Ohio, and I'm not to sure if I should really remove this, since we do frequently get down to single digit temps, and even sub zero temps in the winter. Do you think it would be smart for me to completly rid the engine of this?

If so, could someone do a technical writeup on blocking/removing this piece?

Thanks,

Nick

#87774 Idle Air Control

Posted by t25_civic on 23 June 2004 - 02:37 AM in 3G Civic

QUOTE (76kcfdeng @ Jun 19 2004, 05:56 PM)
Undo the 2 phillips screws on top and then get a very large screwdriver or a flat piece of metal thin enough to engage the groove on the plastic piece inside, screw the plastic piece down (clockwise) all the way. Replace the screws on top and it should be fine. You could also remove the valve and take it apart and clean it, sometimes works, mine did not. I now have mine totally disabled, no air ,no vacuum, no coolant, no high idle-so what.
Good luck, Glen cool.gif

How did you disable it if tightening this screw didn't work.

And when you mean clockwise, do you mean if we were sitting where the firewall is looking towards to radiator, or do you mean if we were sitting where the radiator is looking towards the firewall? Or am I completly wrong and the plastic thing is pointing upwards?

Thanks,

Nick

#87606 Where Is The Iacv?

Posted by t25_civic on 22 June 2004 - 06:02 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jun 22 2004, 03:34 PM)
I would start by making sure that all the air bubbles are out of your coolant system. The bleed valve is on the front part of the head by the distributor.

Scott

Been done, but the reason I know it wasn't that is once the car warms up it idles fine. Thats what leads me to believe its the IACV. So if someone could please help me locate it I'd really appreciate it.

large pic from service manual

Nick

#87552 Where Is The Iacv?

Posted by t25_civic on 22 June 2004 - 03:15 PM in 1G CRX

Could someone please post me a picture of where the hell this IACV is? My idle fluctuates while warming up and after it warms up it idles fine. Some people from crxresource.org said it could be the IACV. But I can't seem to locate it to unplug it to test.

I found this picture on the service manuals for 1g's. If its on this area, can you please highlight it, or even better could you take an actual picture of the IACV on your vehicle?

Thanks,
Nick

#80548 Will These Parts Fit Onto An 85 Crx?

Posted by t25_civic on 24 May 2004 - 09:13 PM in 1G CRX

sweet thanks! I'm for sure that its not an si model so I should be good. So your saying I not only need the covers, I need the metal supports on both front and rear bumpers correct?

Nick

#80525 Will These Parts Fit Onto An 85 Crx?

Posted by t25_civic on 24 May 2004 - 08:23 PM in 1G CRX

I have a friend with a junked crx willing to give me certain parts I need but its off either an 86 or 87 crx. What I'm trying to get is the front and rear bumpers, the mirror and the piece between the tail lights.

Please let me know asap before they send the car to the junkyard!

Nick

#79556 Exhaust Manifold Turbo Flange

Posted by t25_civic on 21 May 2004 - 08:37 AM in 1G CRX

Best advice I could give you would be to goto www.homemadeturbo.com

The guys on there work WONDERS with rex's and turbocharging them. Also while your there you can check out my turbo'd 97 civic hatchback!

Nick

#78691 Your The People That Would Appreciate These Pics

Posted by t25_civic on 18 May 2004 - 08:04 AM in 1G CRX

Someone had mentioned from an engine pic I took awhile ago that it looked like there was a mugen header on it, but wasn't sure.

Nick

#78385 Your The People That Would Appreciate These Pics

Posted by t25_civic on 16 May 2004 - 09:28 PM in 1G CRX

The car is basically junk right now. I'm working to rebuild it and to see if I can save it from the junk yard. I actually bought the car with this kit on it. I paid 75 dollars for the entire car (running mind you) because he had just installed a clutch and wanted his money back for that.

Nick

#78349 Your The People That Would Appreciate These Pics

Posted by t25_civic on 16 May 2004 - 06:28 PM in 1G CRX

After everyone kept telling me I had the mugen widebody kit, it got me wondering if it was in fact a real one or a replica. So after some other work was being finished I tore off some of the pieces and took some quick pics for ya'll.

Fender
header panel

biggrin.gif

Nick

#77285 Mugen / Houseman Widebody Pics

Posted by t25_civic on 11 May 2004 - 11:25 PM in 1G CRX

The pics aren't showing up anymore!!!!

I didn't get to see them sad.gif

Nick

#76064 A Few Technical Questions Related To Steering/idle

Posted by t25_civic on 06 May 2004 - 04:23 PM in 1G CRX

Sorry I can't help you with your problems, but I just wanted to say that your car looks real good man!

BTW, do you still have the stock bumpers from your 85, or is the car long gone?

Nick

#75797 Black 85 Si

Posted by t25_civic on 05 May 2004 - 02:40 PM in 1G CRX

Do any of these cars have bumpers?

Nick

#74831 Junkyard Finds

Posted by t25_civic on 30 April 2004 - 11:47 PM in 1G CRX

Damn, I need to get out to that junkyard. I need a front and rear bumper. The piece between the tail lights and passenger mirror.

Nick

#74452 My New Project *long*

Posted by t25_civic on 29 April 2004 - 09:30 AM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (oldschoolsi @ Apr 28 2004, 10:39 PM)
To answer your question about the cracking paint. It is usually because the paints you mixed arent compatible. I did the same thing awhile ago on my 93 civic coupe. Best bet is to get 89 cent primer from wal mart. That stuff will work with any paint you spray. Better yet is to use automotive paint and clear it then it should last a good while.....

The primer I used was the cheapest I could find in the automotive section at walmart. I think it was 1.50 or something.

The paint I used was Krylon, which is the same paint I used on my civic when I painted some pieces in it. Never had problems with that paint although I did use a better primer on that job.

As for the header. I don't think its actually the mugen header. The way the 4 pipes collect (unless I'm a retard and looked wrong) are completly different than mine. I don't think it collects like the picture you showed. But I'll get better pictures of it tommorow, and post up as soon as I can.

Nick

#74329 One-piece Hood In Fiberglass? Any Interest?

Posted by t25_civic on 28 April 2004 - 08:37 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Apr 28 2004, 06:33 PM)
Naw i understand you concerns fo price/value and i know hausman will make a fine fibre glass one

but t25 post onmaking your own just sounds like a mess...

i made an all metal one peice hood in 2001 and i couldnt wait to take it off...

weigh your options  350 plus 125 shippin is alot  i think its worth it the product is  high quality peice

How does it sound like a mess? Sure its a little time consumer, but when your done with it, you'll have spent probably around 30-40 dollars (not including paint). I don't see where the mess would come from if done right. Maybe its a little beyond your skills and would turn out like a mess.

Nick

#74302 My New Project *long*

Posted by t25_civic on 28 April 2004 - 04:59 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Aren D. @ Apr 28 2004, 04:43 PM)
can you take a good pic of it cuz it look like a header from the little bit I can see

I'll have to wait till this weekend as the car is sitting at home and I'm 2 hours away at college. I'm going home this weekend to work on it some more but I'll get pics as soon as I can.

Nick

#74274 One-piece Hood In Fiberglass? Any Interest?

Posted by t25_civic on 28 April 2004 - 01:54 PM in 1G CRX

With a little work you could easily turn it into a one piece hood yourself.

1. cut the header where you want it to end the "hood" (I'm cutting mine where the head meets the bumper so it'll include the entire header)

2. use some metal brackets and some epoxy to mate the hood and the header panel on the underside.

Underside of hood

3 apply some tape or other means of covering the crack where the hood meets the header panel.

hood topside

This is where you could take different steps to finish the project, depending on what materials you feel more confident with. Option A would be to use bondo, Option B would be fiberglass.

4a. With the crack covered, apply and smoth out bondo over the taped area to blend with the rest of the hood.

4b. With the crack covered, apply a lite coat of fiberglass resin and matting over the entire hood and header panel that is now part of the hood.

5b. Use some kind of stretchy cotton/polyester material and cover the header panel and hood tightly. Apply another thicker coat of fiberglass resin with a paint brush, smashing the resin into the material.

6b. After covering the entire material with resin and it dries, cover it again using fiberglass matting and let it dry.

7b. Sand the fiberglass smoth and now your ready for primer and painting.

Personally I use the fiberglass method since I'm better with fiberglass resin than I am with bondo. The pictures I used came from somewhere on the net (I can't remember where I saved them from) and are not of my car. I will be working on my project as soon as finals are over and I get home for the summer.

I also take no responsibility if one of these methods are used and you mess up your hood and header panel.

Nick

#74122 My New Project *long*

Posted by t25_civic on 27 April 2004 - 07:34 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (Aren D. @ Apr 27 2004, 07:29 PM)
dude you can sell those headers for like 120 atleast if they are dc if they are by some act of god mugen headers then you can sell them for around 250 - 300 so good luck.

Are you talking about the exhaust manifold as the header?

Cause if so it looks like a rusted stock piece of crap.

Nick

#74115 My New Project *long*

Posted by t25_civic on 27 April 2004 - 07:06 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (bigk3000 @ Apr 27 2004, 01:51 AM)
id just cut off a chunk of another crx roof and weld the new one on.  cut the new chunk of roof to teh size of the hole then wled in the gap and grind teh top to smooth it later on.  grab one with a real sunroof on it heh. and add anotehr support with the welder to be safe. gotta have a mig welder tho

Thats actually what I planned on doing this summer. Hitting up the junk yard and yanking out a real sunroof out of another car, roof and all. Welding it in along with some supports across the top under the roof liner.

Nick

#72557 My New Project *long*

Posted by t25_civic on 20 April 2004 - 01:28 AM in 1G CRX

Heres the engine pics I promised. Honestly looks like the only thing worth anything is the MSD ignition part.

Engine Shot
Another Engine Shot

Let me know if you see anything else.

Nick

#72555 What Kind Of Crx Do I Have?

Posted by t25_civic on 20 April 2004 - 01:24 AM in 1G CRX

Yeah its worth alot to me. I've wanted a crx for EVER. and the first one I buy is surprising me this much! Yeah the car is going to be alot of work, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Nick

#72545 What Kind Of Crx Do I Have?

Posted by t25_civic on 20 April 2004 - 01:10 AM in 1G CRX

I checked that originally thinking it would say something, but it had been primered over lol

Nick