misfit_mafioso's Content

There have been 36 items by misfit_mafioso (Search limited from 24-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#301639 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 07:57 PM in General Posts

i was loosening it(counterclockwise) i loosened it so much at one point that the clutch petal had no play in it......

#301630 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 07:05 PM in General Posts

UPDATE

ok so i went out to my car and started it up, i put it into gear and it didn't die. actually the rpms didn't go down at all. so then i started adjusting the clutch. and each time it got a little better and i could kill it when i let off the clutch.

so i almost had it back to normal, as i adjusted it more and more. i even took it for a ride down the street. i adjusted it one last time, as i figured it was as good as i was gonna get it. i was driving down the street, everything was fine and i was in second gear.so i downshifted to 1st and my rpms went through the roof.

in the gi joes parking lot it sits. i cant get it to move now no matter what i do. guess maybe the clutch totally gave out?

so will just replacing the clutch fix the problem?

#301600 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 04:19 PM in General Posts

no sputtering

and another thing....when i did get it moving there was this terrible smell....

my gf calls it "buning tar"

#301586 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 03:09 PM in General Posts

ill check those things..... i checked the tranny not too long ago and it was fine, but ill see

#301550 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 01:04 PM in General Posts

manual, and it revs with no problem. to move at all, i have to hold it at 3000 rpms with the clutch all the way out and it takes a while to get it moving at all still

#301539 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 11:51 AM in General Posts

it was doing totally fine. i was driving on the freeway just fine and started gradually losing power. and it runs perfect still besides the point that it wont go over 5 mph (just estimation, since my speedo dont work) it just came outta nowhere

and where do i find this relay at for the turn signal/reverese lights

and both these things happened exactly same time. could they be related?

#301500 Help Please

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 20 October 2006 - 03:47 AM in General Posts

Ok i have a serious problem, and my car just took a crap on me today.

So i was driving it on the freeway. And all of a sudden I start losing power. I had to pull over on the side of the road. It still starts just fine, idles fine and the rpms go up fine. But it will not accelerate at all. It takes 30 secs to get it up to 5mph and it dont get much better than that. On a unrelated note the turn signals and reverse lights(which are on the same circuit) dont work at all either the fuse is good.

could this be fuel pump? have i lost compression in my motor?

this is my daily driver, please help me out guys

#296611 Struts Install

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 27 September 2006 - 10:53 PM in General Posts

well i realized it hasnt been a year....

i bought them back in april....

or maybe i should sell the 2nd gen ones on ebay first....

dont they cost more than the first gens?

#296349 Struts Install

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 27 September 2006 - 02:05 AM in General Posts

so i bought these struts, shocks off ebay a long long time ago(like a year+) and i finally got the old shocks off, but the new shocks were way way too short. well i looked up the parts number, and they are 2nd gen crx shocks. hopefully the seller will let me trade. im so frusterated

#295769 Changing Front Struts

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 25 September 2006 - 10:40 PM in 1G CRX

do i need a spring compressor for any part of this?

some guy at work told me i did

#295688 Changing Front Struts

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 25 September 2006 - 07:40 PM in 1G CRX

so i have the strut out but its still connected to the uppper strut tower housing. how do i remove the piston part of the strut from the upper part?

do i need to remove the bolt in the middle on top of the strut?

cuz the new strut only comes with rubber bushings, metal collar and metal retainer

help!

#295046 Struts Install

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 23 September 2006 - 08:39 PM in General Posts

ok sounds good

in the tutorial, it talks about a "pinch bolt" in the bottom. is there anything tricky about removing it, or is it just a normal bolt that pinches the strut in place?

#295037 Struts Install

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 23 September 2006 - 08:07 PM in General Posts

Ok so i check out the how-to on here, since ive never messed w/ suspension and im going to replace my front struts on monday.(tokico blues) do i need a torque wrench to torque the bolt back on? or can i just make them really tight?

#288805 X-tra 1g Crx Stuff For Sale I Have..

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 04 September 2006 - 08:30 PM in FS

QUOTE (crxls @ Aug 29 2006, 04:33 PM)
would you seperate the 86-87 headlights if you had a buyer for each one? if so, i will buy the drivers side one.

I need the passenger side

I need the corner lights also, if they're still available

#285045 Dc Sports Short Shifter

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 23 August 2006 - 11:10 AM in 1G CRX

oh i know its the correct shifter

do you know what size washers i need?

and how easy is the install?

#284973 Dc Sports Short Shifter

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 23 August 2006 - 01:04 AM in 1G CRX

OK, so here's the deal. Ive had this short shifter for a long time and haven't installed it yet. I lost the washers out of the package and all I have is the shifter itself. Is this hard to install? And do i need to get new washers, are they even needed? I just wanna get this installed

#250772 Seattle Area Machine Shops

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 26 April 2006 - 11:09 PM in General Posts

I used Ghent machine shop a couple years ago, they're in downtown seattle. I had them do an entire head job on my hf, was really happy with the work. Ive give them a try.

#246329 Panhard Bar Group Buy Update

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 13 April 2006 - 12:02 AM in General Posts

yeah i still want to get in if possible but it seems the group buy might be dying. tom let me know, cuz if not ill go get the opm one, but i would definately rather get the rpr one.

Chad

#240753 Anyone Else Use Rain-x?

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 24 March 2006 - 02:01 AM in General Posts

QUOTE (chedda_j @ Mar 24 2006, 01:54 AM)
QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Mar 23 2006, 11:51 PM)
For anyone who cares, I decided to try Rain-X for the first time today and can't believe how well it works.  I bought the disposable wipes and applied it to the windshield of my DSM.  I drove about 60 miles round trip in a rain/snow mix this morning and didn't have to use the wipers at all!  Once you get up to about 40-50 mph, the water simply beads off like it's supposed to.  I would highly recommend this stuff if you've never tried it. biggrin.gif

Nice i might have to try this. Stupid wipers dont work worth shit, no matter if i got new ones or not. Its kinda like putting a thin layer of oil on the glass that doesnt smear.

rain-x is trash. it dont last that long at all....this stuff called aquapel works way better, same idea though. i think jiffy lube sells it. not sure if you can get it at a parts store.

#237389 Headlight Shrouds

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 12 March 2006 - 10:22 PM in WTB

hey i have all the other pieces i just need the black shrouds. If you have them, let me know ASAP. I rear ended a yukon and shatter one of my flush headlights so I figured it was a good idea to do the swap. Got the rest of the stuff at the junkyard today and bought some silverstars.

Anyways let me know.

#221756 Go Seahawks

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 24 January 2006 - 05:50 PM in General Posts

dont even get me started ... the hawks have the best o line in the nfl and the best offense in the nfc.....

super bowl will be hella good....

#219541 Need Headlight

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 17 January 2006 - 05:23 PM in WTB

this guy never got back to me... anybody have one?

#218224 Need Headlight

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 12 January 2006 - 07:04 PM in WTB

pm sent

#217799 Need Headlight

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 11 January 2006 - 02:40 AM in WTB

I need the headlight assembly for the drivers side for 86-87 crx

I rear ended a yukon!

#212163 What Additives Would Benifit My Engine?

Posted by misfit_mafioso on 15 December 2005 - 02:54 PM in 1G CRX

ive had good experience w/ lucas and tx7, but dont go crazy w/ additives