MANGLEdCRX's Content

There have been 56 items by MANGLEdCRX (Search limited from 11-June 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2389 Conversion

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 22 February 2002 - 01:12 PM in General Posts

QUOTE (rpr @ Feb. 22 2002,10:57)
I assume when you say intake manifold, you are including the injectors, fuel rail and underhood fuel hoses?

- main fuel line from an SI (Honda, $55)
- in-tank fuel pickup assembly from an SI (got mine from frank5079, Honda has them as well)
- fuel filter from an SI or 1G teg
- SI gauge cluster
- high pressure fuel hose
- fuel line hose clamps

That's all I can think of right now, there may be other stuff, but those are the main things you need. You may want to get a new SI fuel tank from Honda, that's what Rob did, I don't know if it came with the in-tank stuff, but is was only like $250, I think?

You dont necesaraly need an Si guage cluster it does have the "PGMFI" Light, but I when I first got the 'ol HF running I was using the stock HF guage cluster with the 5500 rpm redline and the shift light LOL (the shift light wasnt hooked up of course) I had a whole Si to get parts from but I did get all three fuel lines from Honda (vent, Feed, and return)  you also need the front wiring harness from and '86 - '87 Si if you have an '86 or '87 Rex, and an '85 Si harness if you have an 84 or 85 rex I know you canadians didnt get the Si till '87 but we got em here in '85  tongue.gif.  you also may wanna pick up and Si cat converter or you wont have one with the stock DX exhaust which has a close coupled converter under the ex man

#2319 Post your mods

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 19 February 2002 - 01:00 PM in 1G CRX

QUOTE (rpr @ Feb. 17 2002,12:04)
I guessing you have a turbo Talon now??? wink.gif

Also, if you want adjustable shocks, you have your choice of Tokico or Koni. There is no KYB AGX application for our cars, that I know of anyway.

Later.

Yep it sure is a turbo, i dont F$^K around  :P

No AGX huh?? good stuff to know, I'll just get the Konis then thanks a lot

-ROB-

#2264 Post your mods

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 17 February 2002 - 11:58 AM in 1G CRX

'87 CRX HF:
'86 CRX Si wiring --> PGMFI wiring and fuel system
'87 Acura integra driveline
'87 Teg front calipers and rotors
'91 CRX Si wheels
Ice Man short ram intake BAH I lost the cool air part sad.gif
DC short shifter
'85 CRX Si guages
Custom 2 1/4" catback
Ground Control coilovers
KYB GR2 Struts
Falcon Clutch.

Future Mods (hopefully, cause I also have a DSM now)

23MM Torsion bars
new exhaust I hate mine it sux
slotted rotors
new rear springs cause the coilovers arent doing it for me
Si rear beam axle
Eurethane bushings
Adjustable struts prob KYB AGX or Koni
Either turbo the D16A1 or B20 with some work cause I may make it a track car would be a hell of a runner at sub 1800 lbs

#1787 New guy

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 30 January 2002 - 09:47 PM in General Posts

I wanna race too!!!!    ???

#1692 Joined a new board and it seems that

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 27 January 2002 - 12:15 PM in General Posts

Yep I joined a new message board and one guy was asking why so many 1st gen people are here so I replied back saying :"you got something against 1st gens buddy??"  and I also made a post and put a guy holding up the middle finger and called it: att all 1st gen haters
yeah I'll show those punks what a 1st gen can do  mad.gif

#1691 First gen mods

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 27 January 2002 - 12:08 PM in 1G CRX

My car:
1987 CRX HF:
1986 CRX Si Fuel injection harness and fuel system
1987 Acura Integra engine
teg tranny
teg front steering knuckles
teg front calipers and rotors (my stockers were crap)
DC short shifter
2 1/4" custom catback exhaust
Ground Control Coilovers (they may be for sale soon too)
1985 CRX Si instrument cluster (145 speedo, yes I'm American)
1991 CRX Si 14" wheels  and tires
86 Si interior
these mods = 14.9 @ 91 in the 1/4 mile not bad for a naturally aspirated Honda that has 113 HP and still gets 30 MPG smile.gif

#1598 You asked for it

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 21 January 2002 - 02:11 AM in General Posts

http://www.geocities...8/sndwks24.html

#1498 New here.....

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 16 January 2002 - 09:19 PM in General Posts

Hey!! Welcome aboard, Nice rex BTW really clean

#1474 I got a crx tonight!

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 15 January 2002 - 07:45 PM in General Posts

Haha that show rulez. those british guys are cool as hell  :D

#1453 I got a crx tonight!

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 13 January 2002 - 01:48 PM in General Posts

Congrats, another 1st genner I love it  :D

#1326 If you know anything about cars.......

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 04 January 2002 - 01:50 AM in General Posts

Yo How about Bullet with Steve Mcqueen, anyone see the 15 min car chase between the 68 Mustang (DROOL I LOVE THAT CAR) and the oldschool charger, thats one of the best chase scenes Ive ever seen, if you turn out the light in the room and watch it its almost like your in the car with him Awsome scene, too bad the rest of the move sucked

#1301 Zc exhaust manifold

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 02 January 2002 - 10:26 PM in 1G CRX

I have a ZC Ex Mani and I dont think the CRX One will bolt onto it nor do i think the teg one will, I got lucky with mine the downpipe was unbolted so I got away with it. the CRX and teg D.P.'s are both 4-1 and the ZC is 4-2-1

#1300 Fi zc converted to carbed. zc how do you do it????

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 02 January 2002 - 10:20 PM in 1G CRX

I agree thats why I changed mine to FI.  But I hear you can get a Dual Webber setup for them Those are very tuneable and very evpensive    :0

#1299 If you know anything about cars.......

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 02 January 2002 - 10:14 PM in General Posts

I dunno man I think I know my fair share about cars I built my rex from the ground up and I thought the F&F was a pretty cool movie, just look at it from an entertainment point not at the technical end for example if you look closely that eclipse has a blow off valve and its not even turbo charged and theres a bunch more stuff I can go about ripping the movie apart i just think its a cool movie Im gonna buy the DVD when everything settles down and theres some copies still on the shelf   :0

#1293 Happy new year!!!

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 01 January 2002 - 11:46 AM in General Posts

Yeah Rudy was the man, I wanna meet that guy and shake his hand for cleaning up the streets the past 8 yrs and on 9 - 11 he was outside helping out people and handing out supplies and stuff like that you know how many politicians wouldve been hiding under their desks??  a lot, that guy has all my respect.  Not to mention the fact that he took care of the NYC police officers of which I will soon be a member soon as Im done with school

#1290 Happy new year!!!

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 01 January 2002 - 03:14 AM in General Posts

Hey all I just wanted to say happy new year, and that Im wishing you all the best for a healthy and safe new years

-Later all-

#1263 Hey what happend to the 2nd gen forum??

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 26 December 2001 - 05:36 PM in General Posts

Yeah man i got it thanks, i wasnt looking in the right area and i thought it was taken down, not that it matters much to me cause im a 1st genner anyway but i still look at the 2nd gen forum sometimes cause i owner 3 2nd gens too  :D

#1255 Hey what happend to the 2nd gen forum??

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 25 December 2001 - 11:07 PM in General Posts

Sorry wasnt looking in the right area  

-MERRY CHRISTMAS-

-MANGLEd-  :P

#1254 Poor forum...

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 25 December 2001 - 11:00 PM in 3G Civic

I got a 3rd gen Si hatchback,  I really wish I didnt have it not cause i dont like the car but because of how I acquired it.

My friend Brian always liked Honda and Ive had a few that ran well really well as far as speed and handling (gotta love those Si's) so one day he pulls up in front of my house with an 88 CRX DX ok man pretty nice car then I look inside and OMG its an automatic AHHHH I hate auto rexes theyre such a waist of time.  So after a while of us busting his balls about having an auto rex he sold it and bought himself an '89 CRX HF ok we took care of the automatic prob but now his car is slow and he dosent have the money for an engine swap.  So me and a friend sat him down and said if you want a Honda thats gonna do what you want it to without doing an Engine swap you need an Si. so he sold the HF.

About a month later he pulls up in front of my house with an '87 Civic Si ahh finally i got through to him. pretty nice car needed a clutch, I adjusted it for him and it was a little better. then he blew the tranny and the car sat for a few months I ran into him on a thursday and took him for a ride in the HF Hybrid and he loved the power we hit 100 + MPH very quickly and he had this ear to ear grin.  So I told him i had a tranny lets fix the Civic I just gotta dig it outta my shed,  he was like cool man Im gonna get my baby back (he loved that car).

sadly that following sunday while riding in a friends car Brian got killed.  after the Funeral his father told me he needed to speak to me, so I went over there the next day and he looked at the civic and was like "want it??  cause I want you to have it and I know Brian would want you to have it"  so i had no choice but to respect the mans wishes.  I fixed Brians baby a few sundays later as i cranked it over for the first time in months after putting the tranny in, a tear came to my eye but I knew he was happy to see the car running again.

So right now the car sits as I have no clue what to do with it, the best thing I can think of is to fix it up perfectly and give it back to Brians family

So the reason I said what I said in the first paragraph was because I feel the car dosent belong to me and it never will. and I wish i didnt have it only because I wish he was still here driving the little sucker.  

GOD I MISS THAT KID SO MUCH.

thanks for reading

-MANGLEd-

#874 Slowrexer

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 05 December 2001 - 08:45 PM in 1G CRX

Actually in its time when it came out, around 1973 or 74 it was one of the most sophisticated designs ever on a motor vehicle, even though it may be obsolete now it was a very good and efficient system back then, But I really hate Carbned Honda engines, the ones here in the US anyway, they all suck!!    :P

#873 Jeez....quiet in here today

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 05 December 2001 - 08:39 PM in General Posts

Yes No doubt its cool here , you should advertise on the HQ and on the resource maybe youll get more peeps in here, meybe there isnt too many people here cause they dont know about it

#812 1g teg motor in a 1g crx

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 29 November 2001 - 03:16 PM in 1G CRX

hehe  :)

#778 Thanks tom

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 28 November 2001 - 01:51 PM in General Posts

Sorry for the double post My comp is kinda screwy today  :angry:

#712 2G Civic seat in a 1G CRX?

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 24 November 2001 - 11:29 PM in 1G CRX

Well I can tell you this, I have a set of nice 90 DX seats for my 1st gen cause my seats suck, the tracks from the 1st gen WILL NOT bolt onto the 2nd gen seats I gotta custom fabricate something to get them in, but I will do it dammit!!  So Im gonna say that the 4th gen seats will not work without some fabrication good luck tom

#711 is it possible?

Posted by MANGLEdCRX on 24 November 2001 - 11:13 PM in 1G CRX

Yes Sir it sure was at the track,  and yes it was on street tires with a full interior I wanted to run it excactly as I do on the street.

I have a :
DC short shifter

2 1/4" custom catback (I really hate this system BTW , it sounds crappy) I want a Greddy though

Ground control coilovers and KYB GR2 struts

and thats all i can think of but I believe that's it, my friend has a 1st gen ZC in his rex and I can still pull him down with mine :)

oh yeah this isnt a speed mod but i have an '85 CRX Si guage cluster I like the 145  MPH speedo and I will peg it one day I already hit 140 MPH with it along side a porsche you shouldda seen the look on his face when he looked at his speedo and looked at the little shitbox right next to him I def wish i had a Camera.

as far as the Kit goes If you still have it after christmas Ill go for it, Money is very tight right now, I owe a friend 200 for a suit, 2 of my friends just got married, and i got christmas coming up.  what does the  kit consist of excactly?? And thank you for understanding that was the worst week of my life as far back as I can remember, b4 9/11 that sunday 9-9 My brother wakes me up and tells me that a good friend of mine was killed in a car accident, so I wake up on a sunday to "got bad News Rob Brian got killed early this morning" , then two days later I got woke up to "got bad news Rob, Theres no more twin towers"  I was like WTF is going on!!!??? It was just chaos and Now I find myself behind in my classes and Im struggling I just hope to get through this semester passing all my classes

What Tranny are you running?? I have a straight up teg driveline in mine 60 seems a little high but then again at 80 Im at about 4100 RPM's so I was wondering this myself.
I have a friend that had an '86 teg and he would always say that it seems like its revving high too and I thought he was crazy but now it seems like he has a valid arguement, but then again you gotta take into consideration that the engine revs high anyhow

(Edited by MANGLEdCRX at 11:25 pm on Nov. 24, 2001)