Newbie From London Uk Needing Assistance Please...

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

Abs1987

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda civic GT 1.5 1985 EW3 D15A3
Hi all.
I'm new to this forum n but have been using various others. I am a true honda fan n have owned nearly the whole honda gang. An EJ6, EM1, EK4, jdm DC2 type R (my favourite), 2x EP3 type R and a DC5 type R. So I had my fair share. After my DC5 I kind of went sensible n owned couple of BMWs for everyday purposes etc.
In that time I waited n waited for a project car to show itself. I was looking at older classics eg the crx or civic. I was pulling more to the crx but ended up buying an 1985 honda civic 1.5 GT. older than me. Somebody won it eBay on bid and never showed up n I got offered it last summer for the same price. With abit of negotiating we agree a sale for £500 n it would be MOTd and taxed for me.

So here I am. In need of help from all u experts in these cars. I had intended to fully restore the car and do abit of customising n bring it back to its former glory. It's taken me almost a year but its still not ready. So far I have stripped the engine and all bodywork. Made new rear arches n new sills from metal sheets. New metal around the whole windscreen. A big hole in the rear boot in the floor cut out n re built. Iv had all dings n dents pulled out n smoothed in the wings doors roof. I will be re spraying in a custom colour that I made myself couple weeks ago. It is now primered n soon to start paint.

I am in the middle of putting the engine back together. I have ordered various parts from honda and other suppliers with much difficulty. I will be changing the cambelt n tensioner while its open. Water pump n oil pump. All gaskets will be changed. Will be cleaned up etc while my engine bay gets sprayed up.

Right this is where some of u guys can help me. I'm abit stuck on changing the head gasket as I need to change the head bolts too? Which r unavailable? I have looked everywhere. Honda themselves have discontinued them in the UK. I have managed to find the last set of 7 bolts. But still in need of the 3 stud bolts that r on either end of the head. These seem to be a mission to find. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Can I reuse the bolts that r already in there once I take them out? Do I have to replace? Honda have located this part in Finland, South Africa and one more country. Anybody here from Finland? Lol. Right now this is the only part I'm waiting for which is put me in stand still.

I'm hoping it will be ready within a few weeks depending on some parts availability.
Is there any other things I should change while engine is undone? Any more ideas for my car? Is a wire tuck kit available anywhere?

Any help will be much appreciated. Abs

image_zpse684efc8.jpg

image_zps741dd112.jpg

image_zps13b976b0.jpg

image_zps7d6dc1e5.jpg

Edited by Abs1987, 20 May 2014 - 05:58 AM.