• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 crx si d15a3, 1989 chevy silverado1500 350 v8

sorry for bad english in adv..
So my 87 si just started a new issue, i was driving down the road about 55mph and the car stuttered. lost a lot of power. put in neutral and reved it up a bit and it went back to normal, putting petal to floor in gear while it stutters makes it worse. then i pulled into a stop light and it died. it doesnt crank right up either like it does when its cold. tried once for like 5 secs then tried again for like 5 secs with the pedal down and then it starts up. it stutters in revs under 3k only it seems. lets say im at 6k and let of the gas. it smoothly decreases revs till 3k and almost sounds like backfiring( this is without the stuttering problem happening aT THE TIME too, just more info). it use to have a rev bounce from 700-1200 until i used injector cleaner and 93 gas. i think its the map or maf sensor, slightest possibility bad injector(s). had head rebuilt, fuel pump works, keeps cool, timing is perfect, new exh valves, run 93 gas, new plugs, distrib is good. took off throttle body earlier and am going to replace the vacuum lines and the fuel filter. just some insight will be nice before i salvage or buy the pieces i think i need.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery

Are you getting a PGM-FI light?

Is your timing belt old? It is possible for your timing belt to slip a tooth if your timing belt is old.

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

the light doesnt seem to come on for the stuttering but it does comeon randomly and does nothing to the car.the o2 is new as of 5 months ago. and the timmingbelt is in good condition, ill check the timming tonight just incase but i doubt its timming at all since it doesnt doit all the time. on my ecu there is 4 lightsi think so ill check that after i put the throttle body back on. do you think it looks like any of the 3 things i said.

Edited by Dillanm, 02 August 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hay im having this everyday now. Timming is good ive retimes it twice. I checked the rotor and cleaned off the tips. Plugs are new. Cleaned air filter, no program light comes on too and if one does its for the cooling system. Im thinking feul pump or cloged injector at worst its the map. It runs fine for a bit then it just stutters and losses all power and fron a dead stop it dies. Please help. I run 93 and cleaner a lot.

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Also i replaced the fuel filter a day ago and it doesnt leak

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

i resoldered the main relay, that seemed to have improved the throttle but it still has the stutter, the car seems to drive for so log then it has the problem, just fine before that time though. then it shots smoke and wants to start, asked a friend wo thinks its the distrib, specificaly the modual. And i think its the map. onced it died and i turned the key halfway and i herd the fuel pump prime but car didnt want to start. so the problem is part the fuel filter and im not seeing leaks in it or the injectors. if helps, car went aprx 9-10 miles before it died so about 12-15 mins.

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
http://www.redpepper...1b/aau.png.html
Jeff

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
The two in the middle have come but like twice out if 20+ times and my engine was cool so i didnt pay and mind to it. But could this really shut down the engine? Need this thing running by monday to go work 6 abut hours away in chicago so any morr help eould be apreciated.

Dillanm

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well i replaced the temp sensor and it still does this. Mt alt hust quit too but i dont think thats related at all. Was fun since i drove the car like 2and hours at niggt with almost no electricity. Like my blinkers wouldnt come on not even make the blinker noise. Might i just need yo get a used complete throttle body from a yard? Tps is not movable. If you keep on the accelerator and left feft foot brake if can stay alive but it wont turn on again sometimes. I ve dome so mucg to this thing i dont want to have to part it out cause i need something reliable now.

Mrfixit

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX si, 2003 Silverado4x4
I would try a different ecu.