• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

slimwhitman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 91 Acura Legend Coupe, 86 CRX Spyder, 60 DeSoto Adventurer
QUOTE (~zeus~ @ Apr 7 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine's an '87 and has the concave meshies in gold but they look a little different from the brochure pics at top.

mine are the "concave" type but the mesh part on mine appears more rounded than the ones in the brochure pics. are mine the same wheel or another different wheel?

Back in the late '80s, I would have died and gone to heaven if I had gold mesh wheels like that on the '84 Civic I had at the time. I lusted after that wheel. They were a VERY rare option on a Civic or CRX.

Here is your wheel compared to mine. Both look like the '85-87 accessory wheels from the catalog.
Here is an image from the scanned brochure page that badpenny sent me.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Slim,

I got the 86 accessory brochure in the other day. I compared to the 87 brochure and the rims are the same (concave). The 87 brochure has several more details than the 86 brochure. No p/ns, just pix for the showroom.

Sounds like you have your answer. But the brochure is for all models of hondas, 1 for 86 and the other for 87. These brochures don't show flat mesh. Doesn't mean its not there. But it appears the concave are for 86-87 honda production years at first glance. Unless someone has a p/n accessory list back from the 3ring binder days, before HOnda went computerized.

Hope this helps.

D
Keepin' it OEM

slimwhitman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 Acura Legend Coupe, 86 CRX Spyder, 60 DeSoto Adventurer
A related post. A set of these mesh wheels for sale:
http://www.redpepper...e...643&hl=mesh

Edited by slimwhitman, 11 April 2010 - 03:09 PM.

scratchdesk

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 02 WRX
Hi all, sorry to bump an older post. I was curious if anyone had any idea what a fair price for individual new OEM Gold Mesh rims should run? I have an opportunity to buy some replacements but I don't know what I should try to offer...

They are 13" Gold Mesh with silver inlay just like the photo above.

Thanks for the help!

CRXfanatic

• Dual Mikunis Rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX, 2001 Subaru 2.5RS, 2004 Accord EX, 1983 Honda VT500FT
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ballade @ Apr 5 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The flush mesh rims came on prelude's 85-87 Si's the ones with the lips were an optional wheal.
both 13x5.

I believe Mark has nailed it.
"If Honda does not race there is no Honda." -Soichiro Honda

Posted Image