• You cannot reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic

stock85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 Civic 1500S
    Garage View Garage
I've found the wires behind the panels, but I have yet to see pictures of what the factory rear speaker setup looked like. The car originally came without any radio (including the nifty OEM stereo hole cover), but it has a new-ish Sony in it now that results in nothing but painfully sharp treble out of the front speakers. I re-pinned the adapter to pull sound from the rear inputs for some bass, but the sound still isn't that awesome. I'm not looking for a competition winning system here, but something a little more well-rounded would be nice.

Also, where the heck do you guys find the factory fog kits and the lit translucent red rear center emblem piece anymore?
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson
-------------------------------------
1985 Civic 1500S - Bone stock, and staying that way

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The rare optional rear red piece was for the CRX's. All 86-87 Si Civic's had a red center.

At lunch I'll see if I can get a cell phone pic of the OEM rear speaker setup. I know that on a recent auto salvage run Blacksheep and I made he got another set of the rear mounts, not sure if he plans to use them or not.

I got my fogs with my 84 1500S, that was back in 97 or 98.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
I have 3 sets of oem rear speaker kits for sale. Message me...

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

stock85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (jdm4drda7 @ Nov 4 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have 3 sets of oem rear speaker kits for sale. Message me...

Yeah, damn you people and your ability to make all my limited funds disappear like that *snap* tongue.gif

I'm in the midst of switching banks right now, but as soon as funding has settled down, I'll be dropping you a line.

Still though, pics?
"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." -Jeremy Clarkson

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sorry I didn't get pics during lunch. New phone was delivered and I had to get to house to get it from sitting in carport all afternoon. But new phone = better pics than old one.

CrxTom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX
Sorry about the thread hijack, just wondering if anyone has a pic of the CRX rear speaker mount? I have the covers but when you take them off, there's only the body under there. The magnets hold the speaker to the chassis? tongue.gif

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (CrxTom @ Nov 4 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry about the thread hijack, just wondering if anyone has a pic of the CRX rear speaker mount? I have the covers but when you take them off, there's only the body under there. The magnets hold the speaker to the chassis? tongue.gif

Jeff

stock85

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Screech @ Nov 4 2009, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I didn't get pics during lunch. New phone was delivered and I had to get to house to get it from sitting in carport all afternoon. But new phone = better pics than old one.

What happens over on the passenger side, anyway? I have a big void and storage pocket on that side… or to really do it right, am I going to need to replace the side panels as well?

CrxTom

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX
Thanks Jeff. Looks like someone made off with the actual speaker mounts..where the heck will I find a set of those?

Screech

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (stock85 @ Nov 7 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens over on the passenger side, anyway? I have a big void and storage pocket on that side… or to really do it right, am I going to need to replace the side panels as well?

You remove the pocket, route the wires though the hole. Drill holes in the side panel and screw the speaker mount directly to the side panel. Both the left and right panels will look like a mirror of each other once the speaker mounts are installed and as you've guessed by now, you loss the pocket on the right side. I don't miss it as I didn't have it on my first two Civics.