18 replies to this topic

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Now I realize, some of this is decent, some of this is ok, and some of this is crap. Some of it will have prices, some of it won't, and everything is an OR BEST OFFER deal. Don't think it's worth paying for? Think it's just worth the shipping? Chances are, I probably think it's just worth the shipping too, so if your best offer is "I'll take it off your hands for free, just here's the shipping charges" then MAKE THAT OFFER! Don't think it's even worth the shipping, but you live close enough to Staten Island, New York that you can swing on by and want to grab it and use it for target practice/paper weighting? Come pick it up! That's great too (As long as it's after like 7pm-ish so I can get home from work). I'm just trying to clean out the basement of my mum's house and make a few bucks so I can maybe, just maybe, get Silverbolt back on the road once again. September 5th will be the absolute end of the sale, most best offer bids will be confirmed by the end of this week. Paypal is the preferred payment, but I dig good ol' fashioned money orders as well. For in person pickups, cash is king, and if you're picking up an "I'll take it off your hands" item, just bring me a bottle of Pepsi and I'll be yours forever. Well, maybe not, but you get what I'm saying.

Want pictures? All the pictures are listed in my public photobucket, DiscoStuForSale (Disclaimer: Please note that despite the title of the album, I myself am not for sale and will not be bought for personal appearances, weddings, bar mitzvahs, exorcisms, rodeo events or dunk tanks... well maybe a World of Warcraft LAN party, but that's about it...) and the pictures are more or less in the order that I'm listing them here.

Simply drop me a PM with what you want and the price you'll pay. I'll try and get shipping quote for you. If I can, I will use USPS Priority mail flat rate boxes, those things rock, but for some things the shipping may be a bit. Sadly if some of this stuff doesn't have offers, it's going in the garbage or the recycle bin (especially the just pay shipping stuff). Help a brother out, buy some cheap stuff, and save it from the landfill!

And with that, on with the goodies!

1984-1987 Manual Transmission pedal assembly
Is what it says, was originally going to go into the deceased DX with a manual transmission swap. This is one of those "Just Pay Shipping and I'll be ecstatic" items.
//
13" CRX Wheel Covers
Set of 4, originally from my deceased 87 DX. Scrapes and nicks and such in it. Again, "Just Pay Shipping and I'll be ecstatic."
//
Ready Aire Remanufactured AC Compressor.
This thing is new in the box. Completely new. Bought it when I thought I was going to keep my original CRX engine in but then I realized too late that THIS IS A SCREW ON HOSE TYPE COMPRESSOR! HONDA/KEIHIN TYPE. By then it was too late to return. The interior of the compressor has been sealed for years, and when I opened the caps to check to see if it would still turn it spewed oil on the floor. Good sign, huh? $75
//
1G CRX Fuel Rail
Comes with injectors and an AN fitting instead of the fuel pulse thingamajig with the banjo bolt. Does not come with a fuel pressure regulator.
//
1G CRX Si Intake Manifold
It's NEAR complete, but a few things are missing. Most obviously, no injectors and no fuel pressure regulator. Also, there are some bolts missing from the manifold itself where the upper and lower sections seal. Does come with the throttle body, Throttle Position Sensor, Air Intake Temperature Sensor, and the fast idle valve that bolts up in the back of the manifold.
//
1G CRX AC Setup!
Comes with MOST of the stuff you'll need, including an almost complete wiring harness. Why almost complete? Because the one wire that goes to the AC Compressor itself got sliced at some point. Other than that, it will plug in directly to your main wiring harness inside the car and all the goodies in the engine bay. The wiring harness even comes with all the relays and such that you need.
Included is also some of the hard lines and hoses from the inside of the car to the condenser and the AC compressor. PLEASE NOTE that this setup won't directly work with the AC compressor I listed earlier, as this was for a Sanden type compressor. I'm sure if you got the right bracket and hoses you could make it work just fine.
Condenser has definitely seen better days, there looks to be some corrosion, rust, bent fins and such, but I know that the AC ran hard until my compressor died back in the day. When I put the CRVtec in, this came out and never went back in. Condenser does still have the fan attached to it.
Please note also that this does NOT have an evaporator. I found the drier but forgot to take a picture of it. The drier is pretty much brand new out of the box.
//
B16 Manifold
(please note: The pictures for this are located at the very end of the album and right after the AC setup. Photobucket goofed on placement.)
Bare B16 manifold. Pretty much all it has is a fuel rail, no injectors.
//
CRX Si Speedo Cluster in KM/H with Bezel
This gauge cluster looks like the Euro style 1G CRX clusters. It has a PGM-Fi light as well as what looks like a catalytic converter light (???) The speedometer is in Km/H and goes up to 185. The speedo itself does not seem to have a Vehicle Speed Sensor, but as you can see from the pictures there is some kind of sensor on it that gets connected to a box on the back of the cluster (No, I forgot to get a pic of that, darnit). If you have your own MPH speedo you should be able to trim the gauge face down and stick it in here, iirc that's what I did with my gauge cluster. $75
//
Intake Manifold
BLOX or Skunk2 intake manifold. Uhm, I'm just using this space as a place holder to explain what that picture is and for if I find out what car it's actually FOR. I know it's not for a B16, not sure what B18 it works on if any. Basically I got taken on it via eBay, I'll let you guys know if I find out what it is and name a price later...
//
OBD1 Engine Harness and Distributor for B-series
Comes with a B-series distributor (square grey plug) and a complete-no-cuts-at-all wiring harness for the engine. Has the plug where it meets the cabin wiring harness. Can't 110% remember if it's for VTEC or not. $150
//
1G CRX Panhard Rod with Energy Suspension bushings.
Is what it is... want to pay shipping? It's yours! I'd rather sell it whole but if you just want the bushings and nobody else wants the whole shebang, I'll do that at the end of the week.
//
I do not have a picture of it, but I also have a manual transmission for parts. Bearings on the main and countershafts are good, as are the synchros (they were freshly replaced). If you need individual parts, shift forks, stuff like that, they're available. The case itself, however, is not up for grabs. I also have an unopened and complete manual transmission. If I remember right, it was starting to grind a little but not too seriously. I believe it came out of an 86 Si but I'm not 110% sure, since I got it maybe 8 years ago. This is a pick-up-only item, I really hate shipping transmissions. Also, be aware, it's dirty... sorry no picture of it.
//
Also for sale is my CRX's original D15 fuel injected engine. No manifolds included, with new bearings on the rods and crank, and new rings were installed on the pistons. New seals all around. Cylinder head was refinished and has new valve stem seals. Has a bullfrog camshaft that made it a good bit peppier while it was running before I pulled it for the CRVtec swap.

Here's the bad of the engine: When I was rebuilding it, I made a mistake tapping out the head bolt threads in the block. On no more than 3 of them I tapped them with the wrong size, realized I screwed up, cussed myself out, and retapped them with the correct size. The head bolted down correctly and to the full torque spec without anything snapping, stretching or ripping out of the block, but since I never installed it in anything I can't say for certain that there won't be some problem down the road. Since it's an engine and it's big heavy honkin' huge, this is a pick up only item. I'd like to get $100 for it but again, a lot of this is best offer wins. I'll also consider meeting up with someone if they want it or the transmission. Or even better for me, both!
//
Now, if you've gotten all the way down to the bottom of this post, you're probably saying "Jeez, Stu tried to trump up this thing and I ain't seen SQUAT yet that makes me think this was worth the anticipation." Well, congratulations, for putting up with all this you get to see the special bonus footage. On the left side of the Photobucket page, you'll see an album called "OoohNice". Click it, and behold the cream of the crop.

FOR SALE: ONE MUGEN LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL FOR 1984-1987 CIVIC/CRX 5 SPEED. NEVER BEEN USED. OMGWTFMUGENSAUCE!!!

Yes friends I'm getting rid of it... I have no use for it and I'd rather see it get used by someone. So here's the story: Never been used, all I did to it many moons ago was crack it open, reset the plates inside to level 2 for Solo II/Autocross, put it back together and in the parts transmission I listed above. Cracking the transmission open to make sure everything was hunky-dory for this For Sale post led to that transmission dying, but the differential is still for all intents and purposes unused. It comes with the 10 14mm bolts for the ring gear and the 1987 speedo ring gear as well as, if you'd like, the '87 Si final drive. It also has differential bearings installed, but if you want to double check them I wouldn't blame you. Also, if you would like the case for the transmission, it's yours just for whatever the additional shipping is. You can see in the pictures that the internal webbing of the case has been removed so that the differential will spin freely. The video, while it doesn't have audio, does show that the differential spins quite freely. Grinding out the webbing was a necessity to accommodate the added bulk of the LSD.

The bad is that I would recommend opening the differential up and cleaning it out just in case any metal shavings are in there. I don't believe there are but I did have to cut up a shift fork guide bar thingie to get the transmission apart. If I can find my impact driver I'll gladly do that myself. Also, there's no instruction manual for it with the torque specs for the ring gear bolts (though I believe they are standard thread right-y tight-y left-y loose-y bolts that go to 80ft lbs) or the internal plate settings to change the limited slip qualities. There are a few spots on it where it looks to be getting a small bit of surface rust but nothing serious in any way shape or form. Heck it wipes off with a finger. Lastly, if you do get the case I would recommend replacing the bearings and the seals in it just to be safe.

Cost for this is understandably steep: I am asking $900 for the differential. It will be first come first serve, BUT there is one caveat to it: First person to PM me committing to buy reserves it for 3 days. If PacerRacerGirl sends me a PM and asks for it, even if she asks exactly 3 days after the first person's PM, she gets it. I snatched this out from under her waaay back in the day, and even though she never answered the PM I gave her, what's right is right and if she wants it, it's hers. I hope you guys understand this caveat, but I'd do it for anyone I snatched something away from.

That's pretty much it for this edition of Disco Stu's Parts Sale. More parts will be coming later in the year, though sadly nothing as cool as in this one. Happy CRXing gang!

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Dibs on the mugen diff!

Just kidding guys its all yours....

I'm interested in the panhard bar with ES bushings, shipped to V3W 4G2, Canada? BTW, if someone REALLY wants the whole bar, feel free to go after it, as i'm more just looking for the bushings.

Cheers,
Mark

Edited by Rampage, 25 August 2009 - 05:37 PM.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

78CvccMugen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI, 1 yellow 1978 Civic Cvcc, 1 white 1978 Civic Cvcc, 1 1966 Datsun Roadster 1600
    • Image Gallery
Bump for a nice Mugen lsd!!!!!

Vicious

you bastard you post this for sale when i can't spend any of the money i have have dry.gif bump sad.gif

I WANT TO KNOW WHO BUYS THIS!!!!!!

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Aug 25 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you bastard you post this for sale when i can't spend any of the money i have have dry.gif bump sad.gif

I WANT TO KNOW WHO BUYS THIS!!!!!!

Not me ,I have one already. I must say its a good price though an I remember a thread saying the OPM guy can rebuild these so do not be scared to use it..

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
Willing to part out the Bullfrog cam from the motor?

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

mr_malina

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 89 Integra RS
"I do not have a picture of it, but I also have a manual transmission for parts. Bearings on the main and countershafts are good, as are the synchros (they were freshly replaced). If you need individual parts, shift forks, stuff like that, they're available. The case itself, however, is not up for grabs."

Do you have 5th gears and bearings? Do you know if it will fit a 89 teg transmission?

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
hey vicous sell me that Tein setup and buy the LSD... lol

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (mr_malina @ Aug 25 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"I do not have a picture of it, but I also have a manual transmission for parts. Bearings on the main and countershafts are good, as are the synchros (they were freshly replaced). If you need individual parts, shift forks, stuff like that, they're available. The case itself, however, is not up for grabs."

Do you have 5th gears and bearings? Do you know if it will fit a 89 teg transmission?

Sorry, most of the internals just got spoken for (main and counter shafts) no clue if they would fit an 89 integra transmission anyhow... my feeling is that they wouldn't.

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mr_malina @ Aug 25 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

EW gearbox stuff is not compatible with any Integra gearboxes. Not only are they assembled (slightly) differently but the shafts have different spacings.

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Bump for stuff, only think taken so far is the tranny guts, and if nobody bids on the engine or head the cam is getting pulled from it.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
If I was driving to sarge's I would say that I would be all over the engine. Sadly I am going to have to pass on it.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Bump, end of this week much of the stuff will be getting chucked.

End of the day the cam gets pulled from the engine and sold separately.
(someone already called dibs on it)

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
Im interested in this stuff:

Intake Manifold
BLOX or Skunk2 intake manifold. Uhm, I'm just using this space as a place holder to explain what that picture is and for if I find out what car it's actually FOR. I know it's not for a B16, not sure what B18 it works on if any. Basically I got taken on it via eBay, I'll let you guys know if I find out what it is and name a price later...
//
OBD1 Engine Harness and Distributor for B-series
Comes with a B-series distributor (square grey plug) and a complete-no-cuts-at-all wiring harness for the engine. Has the plug where it meets the cabin wiring harness. Can't 110% remember if it's for VTEC or not. $150

But I dont really have any money to spend right now, and im not totally sure I would need it at all depending on what engine I buy.
If youre going to throw it in the trash, ill pay for shipping to me! smile.gif

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Sep 1 2009, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bump, end of this week much of the stuff will be getting chucked.

End of the day the cam gets pulled from the engine and sold separately.
(someone already called dibs on it)

Please let me know. ph34r.gif

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."