New Cars At The Homestead

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

JDN14

Well both me and the Fiance picked up "new" vehicles this week.

I picked up this 90 Civic Si for $1300, it's got 192000 miles and is in suprisingly good shape. The interior is immaculate and the car only has the smallest bit of rust on the rocker panel. The paint on the roof and hood is pretty faded and there's a dent in the drivers fender and door but the body is in otherwise good shape. The car is COMPLETELY stock, including a new stock exhaust from catalytic back. The car drives pretty well, the only problems being a little smoke, a slight grind into third, and the brakes could use a little work (they're adequate but not much more). I plan to autocross the bejesus out of this in the coming months.

The worst part about the car is it's a salvage/rebuilt title, but i cant for the life of me figure out why.

Dent:

The worst rust on the car:

93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

JDN14

My Fiance went a different route, picking up this 70 VW Bus Camper for $1800, there's a bit of rust, but nothing too severe. The engine is freshly rebuilt but for some reason wont hold idle, it's driveable, you just have to stay on the gas at lights. It's also got a patched brake line, but an entire brake line set was included with the car. Oh, it's also got a blacklight and a disco ball:

enjoy,

Jacques

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
that bus needs some 24s.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (funkmaster @ May 18 2007, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that bus needs some 24s.

Or at least 14's...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
hahaha i love hippie vans!!! if i ever buy a van it's a VW!!
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
that Si was sunk. that's why it's got a rebuilt title.

otherwise, nice. i like the bus.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

JDN14

QUOTE (E-AT_me @ May 21 2007, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that Si was sunk. that's why it's got a rebuilt title.

otherwise, nice. i like the bus.

Sunk? You mean like underwater? How can you tell?

A quick update:

Rocking out the EF's:

Im selling the CRX to my Fiance's younger sister later this year when she gets her license, i figured she wouldnt miss the AEM intake so into the Civic it went:

Tomorrow im swapping the ECU's and sooner or later ill clean that air filter...

enjoy!

Jacques

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
that amount of rust in the engine bay isn't normal. i have an ef 4 door that was sunk that looks like that..

hondaman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ May 21 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that amount of rust in the engine bay isn't normal. i have an ef 4 door that was sunk that looks like that..

I see you are from Virgina, the poster is from Ohio. I am from Ohio. Believe me for an Ohio car there is VERY LITTLE rust in the engine compartment!!!

The price paid for the Civic is actually pretty fair for an Si in that condition. Those cars are hard to find since they have become the poster child for STS.

Scott
www.rogues-racing.com

JDN14

QUOTE (hondaman @ May 22 2007, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see you are from Virgina, the poster is from Ohio. I am from Ohio. Believe me for an Ohio car there is VERY LITTLE rust in the engine compartment!!!

The price paid for the Civic is actually pretty fair for an Si in that condition. Those cars are hard to find since they have become the poster child for STS.

Scott

Indeed, half the reason i jumped on it was the lack of significant rust.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
ok.. well then i don't know either why it has a rebuilt title.. get someone to carfax it mang!

JDN14

Think i found the reason for salvage title. It looks like the front clip has been replaced at some point. Supporting this is the fact that the DS fender used to be blue and is off a different year (visible screw holes for the corner lense which the other side lacks).

In other news i replaced the damaged door and rattlecanned it flat black (it was white), it doesnt look good but it's servicable for now. Ive got a few hundred miles on it now with no terribly worrisome problems (knock on wood).

JDN14

The replaced door:

Ricer mod of the day ( i like it myself):

My fiance has been driving my CRX so swapping exhausts has been difficult, hopefully soon though.

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Yeah i was going to say the front clip was probably replaced because its fading (non oem clearcoats are garbage and they almost always fade first). I bet they blended it onto the roof as well.

86 crx