• You cannot reply to this topic
170 replies to this topic

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84' Honda CIvic HB, 93 Honda Accord EX Wagon
    Garage View Garage
We started the project first with swapping a b18a1 automatic into an 84 my friend was giving me. But had a set back when the guy was asking 800 bucks for the car that didn't start and was missing the key to start it. So after a month trying to contact the guy, we lost the civic because the owner took the car from my friend. We found another one from another friend. He had an 84 Dx (Frankenstein) with 85 headlights and he gave me 2 ew1 engines (one rebuilt the other one in the car), an 85 civic with no engine/tranny (that one is for sale) and plenty parts to put the 2 together. Don't have pics of the car yet but tomorrow I will.

We have a donor 87 teg 5sp tranny for the Frankenstein as me, my brother and father call it.

We started to remove the wiring from the teg front to back:

Part one of unneeded wiring from the teg harness

Removed some rear tail light wires as none of this is needed in the civic.

Since the civic is far from the house we got back on the teg interior and put everything back together with out the harness and instrument cluster. Gonna try to see how i can put the teg instrument cluster in the civic's dash mods on that later.

Its gonna be a slow project because we can only work on the car on the weekends, But we'll have fun with it.

Edited by 1gcvcb18, 14 March 2011 - 11:45 AM.

cbb4bf8a-8fb9-4b3f-9246-c8a7778a62a1_zps

Build Thread

phatboycrxhf

• legend in the making
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1985 crx ,98 malibu ,90 hatch,87 hatch trailer,87 legend,95 dodge neon,90 civic sedan SE
    • Image Gallery
hey your house is pink tongue.gif joking but looks good sounds like fun ill be watching to see where you go with your project smile.gif

My Webpage
(quote by RareCrx)HAVE A MADD TYTE DIGGITY DOGG ,BUBBLES SPRAYIN ON THE INTERCOOLER, poopin ON A 8 SECOND CHEVELLE WITH MY MINI-ME SWAP DAY..

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1gcvcb18 @ Oct 22 2006, 01:48 AM)

Of the whole harness that you pulled, the portion that leads to the rear of the car(it has a connection just behind the drivers seat beside the seat belt bolthole), the only part of it you need is the yellow wire with a white stripe and 2 brown dots, and the black wire that is split and fused to another black wire. It is for your fuel pump, take them off the integra and put them in your dx with teh rest of your front integra harness (aside from the lights, they are exactly like the si) You will need to do some fabbing if you are going to use the integra dash or cluster in the civic, but you will have your wiring done.(Oh, and you may need to repin your rear wires to match the integra harness)
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Oct 22 2006, 03:08 AM)
Of the whole harness that you pulled, the portion that leads to the rear of the car(it has a connection just behind the drivers seat beside the seat belt bolthole), the only part of it you need is the yellow wire with a white stripe and 2 brown dots, and the black wire that is split and fused to another black wire.  It is for your fuel pump, take them off the integra and put them in your dx with teh rest of your front integra harness (aside from the lights, they are exactly like the si)  You will need to do some fabbing if you are going to use the integra dash or cluster in the civic, but you will have your wiring done.(Oh, and you may need to repin your rear wires to match the integra harness)
I already have those wires marked one is from the pump and the other from the tank sender. Thanks Bad Penny, but I don't know how I can just put the instrument cluster in the stock civic dash, because I don't know if it is legal to change dash from a civic to an integra (need some info on that) I've seen people put it in it looks nice.

phatboycrxhf my is is not pink it's blue.

Edited by 1gcvcb18, 22 October 2006 - 11:47 AM.

Build Thread

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Here's the Frankenstein it has 2 stock tires and to spare tires on for the moment. The car was lowered my the previous owner, so I had to raise it up again to get it out of his house.

Build Thread

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (1gcvcb18 @ Oct 22 2006, 10:44 AM)
Thanks Bad Penny, but I don't know how I can just put the instrument cluster in the stock civic dash, because I don't know if it is legal to change dash from a civic to an integra (need some info on that) I've seen people put it in it looks nice.

you can change the dash if it will fit, just be sure to carefully drill out the rivets holding the V.I.N. plate on your dash so you can transfer it to your new dash. i just dont think the teg dash will fit your car.

DONT FORGET TO SWAP VIN's!!! the cops dont like it when your VIN#'s dont match....

i do believe you can mod the teg cluster to fit or you mod some to something... i dont know as i havent done it yet.... something about needing the VSS from the teg cluster to make the ecu work properly. i'm sure BP or someone more informed can help in that area.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
hes going to be running a browntop, no cluster swap or mods are needed.

for ease of installation, simply thin out all the wires from the integra wiring. trace all the wires to the 5 ecu related couplers. main relay-pa sensor-main fuse box- 2 engine locations and 1 ground floating somehwere outside all of them.

cut the wires out of the main fuse box wiring and youll have 4 wires. 1 is a switched power 2 are constant power and 1 is starter signal. tap the thick black and white wire at the ignition switch or the engine bay harness for the starter signal and plug the other power into the three accesory slots in the main fuse box. attach the ground in the engine bay and wallah! no huge wire transfer needed. the pa sensor and main relay need to be mounted somwhere and clip them in and then jet the two fi connectors into the bay and your done. if your car is a write off or anything bad like that, its as simply as snipping 2 wires and pulling to remove the fi harness.

also remember, the fuel system is much different if that car is infact a dx. there pulse banjo type fitting on the pump and fuel rail. ive had no troublecutting the heads off to expose the 5/16 pipe leading from them slipping fuel line over and using the appropriate high pressure hose clamps. i did the same thing with the integra fuel pump. i slipped it into the original position of the dx fuel filter and went from there. 850 ish km's later no fuel leaks or starvation problems.

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
New toys for the Frankenstein from a 91 teg:

Civic's new Heart we had no engine hoist so we had to drop it to the ground.

Build Thread

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
lol I remember the simple times of not having a shop or a garage or the right tools for the job.

user posted image

hawk86

• ah rice is good.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 nissan 300 ZX, 85 crx hf, bagged 94 s-10
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (projEKtjokes @ Oct 25 2006, 03:20 PM)
lol I remember the simple times of not having a shop or a garage or the right tools for the job.

channel locks and a 10mm wrench(all you need to tare down a honda) biggrin.gif
http://www.redpepper...showtopic=27167

NO kittie thats my pot pie! NO kittie......Mom kitties bein a dildo.......well i know a certain kittie thats sleepin with mommy tonight..

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
why do you need a 91 integra ecu for the browntop?

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Richard @ Oct 25 2006, 05:27 PM)
why do you need a 91 integra ecu for the browntop?
I might go and try to install it in the future plans and it was all free so why not give it a try.
Frankenstein gets its brakes on tomorrow

Edited by 1gcvcb18, 27 October 2006 - 11:27 PM.

Build Thread

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
are the tail lights on the teg jdm or some thing because there all red or do all teg come like that? dry.gif
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Oct 28 2006, 01:26 AM)
are the tail lights on the teg jdm or some thing because there all red or do all teg come like that? dry.gif
No there not jdm there the stock tail lights with red contact paper that's how we do them in P.R.

Build Thread

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
ok
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN