The Tale Of The Rearended Pseudo-rear-engined Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
***Pics below***

I will attempt to keep the story short, but no promises...last week I went out to pick up a D15Z1 longblock (92-95 Civic VX hatch VTEC-E mill) to begin my project '89 CRX HF-Z1 and all of it's 60 mpg+ glory. I had been searching for months now and was pleased to find one 30 min from my house. I get off school, head down the highway and just as I'm within 2 miles of my destination, a teenager in a very new Camry hits me in the ass...in the CRX...in broad daylight...and I had been stopped for 30 sec. I'm livid. I calm down and survey the damage...broken side mount, bent rebar, slightly pushed in hatch metal. Her car..nothing. After waiting an hour and a half for a cop to show up, he tells me since no one is hurt, and the damage is <$1k, we can exchange info and be on our way, with it as my responsibility to get an estimate and call her back. So I drive on, flustered about the whole thing, and pick the engine up. It fits...barely. Pushing 150-200lbs, its not light either. The seller had a front loader, sweet. Utilizing 3 coaxial cables and ney 1-2 inches clearance of the hatch glass, I make it home w/ my temporarily twin engined Rex only to pull something in my back whilst moving the mill to a palette w/ the help of a friend. I plan to get an estimate tomorrow on the Rex, hope it isn't too much b/c I doubt the girl has much to give...she was more afraid of her insurance going up than anything, so that's incentive. Just thought I would share my adventure w/ you all. In unrelated news, the same Rex crapped a gallon of coolant in my girlfriend's driveway three days later because of a dryrotted drain cock gasket, to which I performed emergency surgery in under 3 hours. (Note, removing the radiator is difficult w/ the AC compressor and exhaust manifold installed, but it is possible when determination comes into play.) Oh, and my thermostat is stuck closed. To keep her from running hot tomorrow, some speaker wire, a toggle switch, and cursing was applied to the rad. fan temp. sensor. Mak

QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well my estimate was over $1000 when i got rearended that was for a new bumper cover a new metal support and repaint... but i requested all factory HONDA replacement parts and thats what i got...

projEKtjokes

• Wanna see some mexican magic. . .
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Nissan S12 Silvia, 97 EK hatch and coupe, 90 Mitsu Mighty Max, 87 Si Hatch
QUOTE (etmydst @ Jun 27 2006, 10:06 PM)
well my estimate was over $1000 when i got rearended that was for a new bumper cover a new metal support and repaint... but i requested all factory HONDA replacement parts and thats what i got...

As all parts should be or greater.

user posted image

nature223

• Yeah,Im the guy who stuffed the GEICO Gecko up Barnie's ass.
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si(manual),1995 Del Sol Si ,2005 Honda CR-V,Wife's 2006 CR-V(all the others are auto tran's)
QUOTE (MakDiesel @ Jun 27 2006, 10:36 PM)
***Pics below***

I will attempt to keep the story short, but no promises...last week I went out to pick up a D15Z1 longblock (92-95 Civic VX hatch VTEC-E mill) to begin my project '89 CRX HF-Z1 and all of it's 60 mpg+ glory.  I had been searching for months now and was pleased to find one 30 min from my house.  I get off school, head down the highway and just as I'm within 2 miles of my destination, a teenager in a very new Camry hits me in the ass...in the CRX...in broad daylight...and I had been stopped for 30 sec.  I'm livid.  I calm down and survey the damage...broken side mount, bent rebar, slightly pushed in hatch metal.  Her car..nothing.  After waiting an hour and a half for a cop to show up, he tells me since no one is hurt, and the damage is <$1k, we can exchange info and be on our way, with it as my responsibility to get an estimate and call her back.  So I drive on, flustered about the whole thing, and pick the engine up.  It fits...barely.  Pushing 150-200lbs, its not light either.  The seller had a front loader, sweet.  Utilizing 3 coaxial cables and ney 1-2 inches clearance of the hatch glass, I make it home w/ my temporarily twin engined Rex only to pull something in my back whilst moving the mill to a palette w/ the help of a friend.  I plan to get an estimate tomorrow on the Rex, hope it isn't too much b/c I doubt the girl has much to give...she was more afraid of her insurance going up than anything, so that's incentive.  Just thought I would share my adventure w/ you all.  In unrelated news, the same Rex crapped a gallon of coolant in my girlfriend's driveway three days later because of a dryrotted drain cock gasket, to which I performed emergency surgery in under 3 hours.  (Note, removing the radiator is difficult w/ the AC compressor and exhaust manifold installed, but it is possible when determination comes into play.)  Oh, and my thermostat is stuck closed.  To keep her from running hot tomorrow, some speaker wire, a toggle switch, and cursing was applied to the rad. fan temp. sensor.  Mak

JESUS...you like to live dangerously...you know what that mill would've done to you if you had a FRONT on collision?????
oh yeah,faster AND furious..Heh Heh Heh

better to be thought the fool..
rather then to open one's mouth and confirm it

use may include risk factors these include;anal leakage,oily discharge,copious flatulence,bloating,incontinence,erectile dysfunction,body rejecting genitals,a racing or severely diminished heart rate/including death. discontinue use if health insurance ends,or patient turns blue and doctor leaves after declaring patient has died...your results may vary

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (nature223 @ Jun 27 2006, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (MakDiesel @ Jun 27 2006, 10:36 PM)

JESUS...you like to live dangerously...you know what that mill would've done to you if you had a FRONT on collision?????

uh... pavement pate?

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
you such a rock star wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

MakDiesel

• She'll do 80 mph in 2nd gear and 45+ mpg, not simultaneously
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '89 CRX HF-Z1 ~ no carpet, no A/C, no muffler, earplugs optional '97 Hatch DX-Y5 ~ Roll cage & lean burn
    • Image Gallery
I am not entirely ridiculous in that I took a country road home, drove under the speed limit b/c of the bumps and I never. ever tailgate. After the day I had getting the motor, I decided the beast was going to make it home...besides, I don't have a truck nor do I borrow them unless I really, really, need to. Mak
QUOTE (therealtime)
i see you did a world class rape on the rest of the vehicle lol.

Punjab

• JDM-Tastic!!
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: My Cars are too busy on blocks, I bum Rides :)
    • Image Gallery
Sux about the camry hitting the rex lucky it wasent somthing more metal less plastic like the 78 camero that flattened the hatch of my first 1g hit me at 15mph or less and brought the complet rear end of the car up to the super spair that stoped them from doing more damage and no dammage to the camero NO DAMMAGE haha
collect honda prices forthe parts and now got to the wreckers and fix your car