'86 Crx Si Custom Intake

• You cannot reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic

Jake013

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic CRX Si
Custom Intake i've Recently Put Into My '86 Crx Si....Here are some Pics....Lemme Know What You Think...!

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
I'll let Scott handle this one, but I do give you credit for searching for more HP out of your ew/d15 I bet it feels more meaner huh? I love that feeling! wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

Jake013

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
It Definately Does feel Meaner....I absolutely Love The New Low Roar it Has Now

and Most Definately Worth the 50 Bucks!

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
Yeh that deep throaty roar makes my blood pump harder man it's sound like no other.... except a turbo or supercharger.... or better yet direct gears!!!!! aw man I wish I could make a direct gear Honda motor hahahaha!!! laugh.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Props for ingenuity. The smog police will have a heart attack, but that is not a problem for many people.

Another trick is to cut a large chunk out of the stock air cleaner box (below the filter) to achieve the same effect.

Be careful that the metal CAI does not contact the positive lead of your battery, bad things will happen.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
or you could cut the front of the airbox out too...but the bottom is less noticeable...eben tho no one checks airboxes...
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

Honda_design

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: anything
QUOTE (Jake013 @ Apr 11 2006, 02:41 AM)
Custom Intake i've Recently Put Into My '86 Crx Si....Here are some Pics....Lemme Know What You Think...!

Is that dryer ducting?

MadMax

• pepper-ed
  • PipPip
    • Drives: pirate,ship
LOL @ last post

Dude you could have saved 50 bucks! I cut the bottom half of my box, works exactly the same and it doesn't make your engine bay look like a type of dryer.
Rollin 1G style.. reppin those old school Honda's user posted image

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
i hope by $50 means you payed $40 for the filter
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

C8V6C

Bling Bling! Id paint it black.....but thats only cosmetics of course

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

Honda_design

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: anything
QUOTE (Honda_design @ Apr 11 2006, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (Jake013 @ Apr 11 2006, 02:41 AM)

Is that dryer ducting?

If it is, that stuff is thin and tears easy...If your really into flexible ducting try this out its called SCEET tubing

just my .02

Edited by Honda_design, 11 April 2006 - 01:35 PM.

addiction2bass

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 99civic EX, 1995 fullsize extended cab.
    • Image Gallery
ive never tempted to use something like that on my crx and also my truck!
i bought one of those cheap EBAY air intakes with the chrome tube..... PUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
only a year later and just about all the chrome is starting to flake off!

i figure i can simply use some household PVC pipes to make my own and have a even beter cold air intake. wink.gif

but your setup was mine id just take some black duct tape or even WIDE electrical tape and go over the whole thing wink.gif
just to make it blend in alittle.... beter wink.gif

next free time i have to work on my crx i need to get it into the shop and start tearing it down for rebuild!
gas just jumped here to 2.89 a gallon...... BASTARD PRICE GOUGING!!!!! thiers no reason for that high!
hell it gets much worse ill have to try and convert this crx into a battery powered vehicle.LOL
my trucks geting beter milage but still 16.57MPG BLOWS! costing me like 60bucks a week JUST TO GO TO WORK! ive become a monk always staying at home inside lately cause i cannt afford to just drive around for no reason like i used to when i was a kid!
geessss now im sounding like a old man.... when i was little gas was under 1$ and that was for the high octane stuff..... ya drive around for days on ends.... why... cause we could!

Jake013

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Thanks All for the Replies, I thought about just cutting the bottom of the air box off but i just didn't like the look of the box altogether so decided to make an open intake...I also looked into Pvc, and might think about transferring it to a Pvc later on but for now i used what i used, it's not Dryer Tubing though that stuff was way to thin for me i didnt like it this is much thicker but still bends.....and Yes I Paid About 40 for the Filter the rest was Cheap....as for the color of it i thought about taping it up in black but didnt think i would like that look and still thinking into painting it, but possibly a metallic blue color to match the breather, the writing on the side of my car, and the interior Painting i did to my center column and dash...and soon to be doors

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
put a big folgiers(sp?) coffee can around the filter and call it legal!!!
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

tazz3131

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 2002 Ford Focus SVT
hey i helped this man make this it was pretty sweet, you should have seen his filter i think it was the orignal 86 filter it was so dark and discolored and wavy and pine needles and everything elses so ne ways it's pretty sweet