Fs: Ult1gcrx, 300+hp '85 Si In Nc

• You cannot reply to this topic
250 replies to this topic

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
***DISCLAIMER***
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>THIS SALE IS FOR SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY - IF YOU DO NOT THINK YOU CAN AFFORD THIS CAR OR ARE JUST CURIOUS ABOUT IT, MOVE ALONG. I WILL ONLY ENTERTAIN SERIOUS INQUIRIES!</span></span>

Yes,
you guys are reading this right. It's been an amazing experience owning this car, but I've (painfully, and certainly NOT easily) reached a point in my life where I need to move on from it.
With the addition of our new bundle of joy a month ago, it is becoming increasingly important to me and our family to focus our finances elsewhere.

ULT1GCRX has (especially lately) represented the ultimate dichotomy in my life:
An absolute blast to own and drive w/ jaw-dropping performance on one hand, and on the other seems to be a source of invariable petty annoyances.....more on this later.

For those who've seen the car in person they can tell you; it's taken an enormous amount of time, $$$, patience, sweat, bloody knuckles, colorful metaphors, etc to get it where it is today.

And for anyone who's ridden in it ::cough::DiscoStu, et. al. ::cough::, he/she can vouch for the car's performance.
It was built w/ the goal of out-accelerating, out-handling, and out-braking a stock C5 Z06 Corvette.

Mission accomplished. biggrin.gif

Mods are as follows:

Engine Modifications:
- B16A1 Swap
- GS-R cams
- ARP head bolts
- HASport motor mounts
- Custom 3" exhaust, no CAT to a generic glasspack muffler (no, we don't have emissions in my county for this car biggrin.gif )
-"HONDA" custom battery tie-down
- All new gasket/seal set (OEM Honda)
- Cometic 85mm head gasket
- Denso spark plugs
- STR cam seal
- AEM True-time red cam gears
- Mugen knock-off red valve cover

Fuel
- DSM 450cc injectors
- B & M adjustable fpr
- liquid filled fuel pressure gauge
- Walbro 255 LPH HP fuel pump

Cooling
- Fluidyne radiator (EG civic) retrofitted w/ custom extension
- (2) FAL Civic fans fitted onto the Fluidyne radiator
- custom fitted A/C (cold, baby)

Drivetrain
- JDM YS1 Transmission w/ factory LSD
- OEM axles
- Action 1MD 6-puck unsprung clutch/pressure plate
- Energy Suspension shift linkage bushings
- DC Sports short shifter
- Mugen CF round shift knob
- Exedy Chromoly 7.5lb racing flywheel

Turbo
- RPI racing (Now ICON auto parts) custom "ramhorn" exhaust manifold
- RPI racing custom 2.5" downpipe
- Precision T3/T4, SC-5027E, .63 A/R turbo
- TiAL 38mm wastegate w/ .7 BAR 'big yellow' spring
- TiAL BOV
- Custom machined FMIC
- A'pexi AVC-R boost controller
- Custom 2.5" intercooler piping
- "Intimidator" generic Intake filter

Engine Management
- OBD0 ZDyne Gold SECU

Suspension & Brake Modifications:
- Tokico Illumina 5-way adjustables at all 4 corners
- Ground control rear coilovers w/ Progress rear springs
- 27mm Sway Away torsion bars
- DC Sports front-upper strut tower brace
- JDM Cusco rear upper strut tower brace
- Energy Suspension full bushing kit
- Brembo X-drilled and slotted rotors (1G integra)- stock brake pads
- Lightspeed rear anti-sway bar
- OPM motorsports adj. rear panhard rod
- Suspension Techniques front anti-sway bar w/ Energy Suspension bushings
- 1G integra Brake Master Cylinder
- 1G integra rear disc brake upgrade
- Earl's stainless steel braided brake lines
- Racing Hart CPO35's 15x7" in Championship white (~7.5 lbs/ea)
- Custom "H" honda center caps
- Toyo Proxes T1R 195/50/15's (NEW)
- Gorilla "tuner style" lug nuts (anodized red)

Exterior Modifications:
- Sylvania "Silver Star" headlights
- Pilot hyperwhite foglights
- EDM clear corners
- EDM rear foglights
- USDM taillights (JDM/EDM amber tails included, not installed)
- JDM/EDM ZC stock hood
- Carbon Fiber ZC hood
- CDM rear upper spoiler
- OEM dealer option red reflective rear "CRX" center panel
- JDM rear "Ballade Sports" emblem
- EDM rear "1.6i-16" emblem
- White "H" emblems (F/R)
- Front/Rear custom cut bumper covers filled w/ mesh inserts, painted white
- Custom cut header panel filled w/ white mesh inserts (to allow more airflow)

Interior Modifications:
- MOMO leather steering wheel
- Sparco Torino racing seats (both) w/ Sparco brackets and base supports
- Custom "CRX VTEC" carpeted floormats (imported from Germany)
- Custom harness bar
- JDM/EDM rear backseat
- OEM optional armrest (from 1G integra Special Edition)
- RPS 5 point cam lock racing harness (driver and passenger)
- JDM/EDM foglight switch
- MUGEN carbon fiber ball-style shift knob

ICE:
- Sony X-plod 50x4 dettachable head unit w/ remote
- Sony 4" speakers in doors

Dyno Results & 1/4 Mile Times
- 275hp @ 10psi @ sea level - Dyno Sheet (This was w/ open downpipe w/ a conservative tune, car now has 3" exhaust)
- No official 1/4 time slips yet, but given the power to weight ratio of the car, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume times somewhere in the mid-high 11's (if not less).

Photo Galleries:

ULT1GCRX

Turbo build:
TURBO

AVAILABLE ITEMS NOT INCLUDED IN SALE:

* CF ZC hood
* JDM/EDM OEM ZC hood
* Full set of 13" OEM '85 CRX Si rims
* EDM amber taillights
* OEM Honda wind deflector
* Brand new red Sparco hood pins (to be installed w/ ZC hood)

The following issues are things that I've lost patience with, and I'm sure would be much less problematic for those w/ greater mechanic skills than myself:

"ISSUES"

- PGM-FI light comes on intermittently (may need O2 sensor, close to turbo)
- surging idle at start up
- sometimes has a "hiccup" at low rpm's (have to blip the throttle w/ clutch engaged to smooth this)
- mild synchro grind from 2-3 gear shift (only noticeable w/ "spirited" driving)

It is an 1985 Si, so it has the factory "sponge" spoiler exclusive to the '85, as well as functional power sunroof.

I have receipts for almost everything that is currently installed on the car and anyone here at RPR can vouch for me and this car. I can provide any information you need and pics of anything as well, but John Ward ("ComposiMo") at RPI racing/ICON auto parts would be able to tell you much more specifics on the turbo install than I could. This is a nasty car (power-wise) and reliable (although a bit stiff) as a daily driver. There are about 175,XXX miles on the chassis, and about 50K on the engine (less than 2K on the engine since the turbo install). The body currently has the residual damages from the "flying hood" incident from last year, but I am willing to work w/ you on getting it repaired. The car has never been smoked in and I am the third owner.

My thoughts toward the sale price of this car is pretty much up in the air. I know I have around $27K into the car, but... it's a CRX I don't have any delusions of grandeur. The blue book value of the car is apprx. $1,500. Don't offer me this or I will laugh at you and you will feel stupid. tongue.gif

This car has been modified with a 'non-destructive' mentality so there are not unused holes anywhere on the car. The engine wiring has been done with care and precision as has the rest of the mods.

I am willing to be as accommodating as possible to long-distance buyers so do not let that limit you.

I will ABSOLUTELY NOT part the car out, so please don't even ask.

This car is 100% RUST-FREE (Arizona car for 16 years, Ohio for 1, NC for the last 4+--always garaged)

I truly hope this car goes to a good home...

****UPDATE****
I *might* be willing to trade for a $3000 or less 4 door 5-spd civic/accord/corolla/prizm/camry + cash

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

MiAsMa

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 crx si (d16a1)
would you make me feel stupid if i offered double the blue book value?

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I never thought this time would come. sad.gif I truly hope your car finds a good home with a fellow RPR member and good luck on the sale of such an amazing machine. biggrin.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (MiAsMa @ Aug 5 2005, 12:12 AM)
would you make me feel stupid if i offered double the blue book value?

yes. atleast i would.

good luck.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

JDN14

wow, a lotta people are selling there 1G/3G's....good luck!
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i hope it gets a good home...

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

ballade

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si B16A / 1992 Integra RS B18C
    • Image Gallery
hay Bud
Just keep the car. The $5-7 Grand you might get won't be worth it. Unless your going through some incredible financial difficulties.......... I just wouldn't bother. My advise, put her away.

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
im surprised that this car isnt in any magazines ... hmm..

why dont you sell all the otehr crx's you keep buying lol
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

87Si

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
Hey Bryman..

The time has come eh? It took me a good 6 months of thinking to finally decide to sell mine. For me, it was just the desire for a change. In your situation you have a lot more to think about.

You have put a LOT of money into this car. I know you knew you'd never get it back, but I think I've heard you say you'd never get rid of it either smile.gif

Yeah, I miss certain things about my crx. The gas mileage, the go kart feel, and being able to park in small spaces, but it was my time to move on.

Congrats on the kid! It sounds like you are making this decision for them, and that I can respect no matter what.

Take care,

Kirk
No more CRX

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
..............STUDENT LOAN??????????????????????????

Do i want to sign my life away already.....? Maybe for my dream car???

Sean

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ballade @ Aug 5 2005, 09:15 AM)
hay Bud
Just keep the car. The $5-7 Grand you might get won't be worth it.  Unless your going through some incredible financial difficulties.......... I just wouldn't bother. My advise, put her away.

Dude Bryman I completely agree with Ballade. I am not saying everyone, but I would say a decent amount of the people on rpr are not going to have what you want for your baby.. And you are not going to get out of it what you want..... Unless you part it out, which I know you wont do. So Why not just let it hibernate for a while and when the kids are older take them for a ride and tell them you built it and by then it will be a classic for sure. You can roll up with all the camaro and mustang people and still give then a run for their money!!!!

KEEP THE ULTIMATE 1G BRYMAN, ITS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sell those other crxs... You can probably get rid of them faster anyways!!! Then you would have 2 less cars around to worry about and save the ultimate...

Besides I know that it HAS to go to a good home and finding one for it will be tough.. Unless you try to sell it on ebay and even then its not gonna get a good home... Some jack ass is gonna buy it bragging about having" turbo Vtax jhanks" and wreck it and blow the motor up sky high..

Keep it man, You will probably be very happy that you did.. Then you wont have to tell your kids that story everyonr knows...

"I had this car once.... I wish I hadnt a sold it... I regret it everyday...."

Brian
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

ChrisF-dude