Will A Crx Muffler Fit Under A 3rd Gen Civic?

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

Azzy

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic 1.5 S
    Garage View Garage

Hello,

apart from the exhaust flange connecting it, it looks about the same design even with the mount points. Does anybody have any experience with it?

The "stock" 3rd gen civic mufller: https://i.imgur.com/hOUcofA.jpg

The what he says is a ee8/ed8/ed9/ee6/ef muffler: https://i.imgur.com/5s5YTlX.png

edit: seems like i might've put it under the wrong category, saw the pinned rear light posts, so thought it belonged , but can't delete it, so here it is :D

Edited by Azzy, 27 September 2021 - 06:21 AM.

CSPCRX

I would just go to a local shop and have them weld in a new muffler if yours is shot.  Probably find it’s less expensive and they can exactly replicate what you have. Stay away from big chain muffler shops, local ones often the best price and many of these guys are amazing.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Azzy

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage

I would just go to a local shop and have them weld in a new muffler if yours is shot.  Probably find it’s less expensive and they can exactly replicate what you have. Stay away from big chain muffler shops, local ones often the best price and many of these guys are amazing.

Thx for the comment, but I'm a broke college kid who got his hands on a pretty mint 3rd gen civic.

I blew up the original muffler because the previous owner had run the carburator way too rich. So in need of replacement but wanting to spice it up a little bit. Found a reasonably priced second hand Remus exhaust for a 2nd gen crx which looks like it will fit. So probably going to try that out and report back my findings.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Power 3 met Tapatalk

CSPCRX

2nd gen CRX parts will not work on 1G CRX or 3G Civic.  I know guys have tried it in the past the angles are wrong from what I recall.  If the muffler is blown you could get the old muffler cut out and replaced.  Mufflers can be had for $20-$25 on RockAuto.  A muffler is going to give you no extra power if that is what you mean by spice it up on these little motors.

sounds like you made up your mind, good luck and let us know how it works out.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Azzy

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage
Oh no, I wasn't talking about power, moreso looks and sound. But I'm interested if it will work out so going to try it either way. Guess I'll fuck around and find out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Power 3 met Tapatalk

Azzy

• Granny
  • Pip
    Garage View Garage

the exhaust I was going to look at was rotten to the core, soooo ofcourse I didn't buy it. Mystery still unsolved, we'll see you next time on: "Will a crx muffler fit under a 3rd gen civic?"

CSPCRX

Sorry to hear that it didn’t work out.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily