30 replies to this topic

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX HF, 1985 Honda CRX SI, 2003 Land Rover Disco
    Garage View Garage

Hey RPR folks, 

I just noticed that the site was back online.  I sure hope it stays active.  Just starting a thread to see who is still active on the forum.  I'll spread the word on social media as much as possible to try and get some traffic back here.  I know that back in the day everyone said that social media was the future, and it was easier to use, but where is all that archived info, and is it easy to find it when you need it???  The RPR forum is really our library of valuable info that never goes away... well, actually.  Anyway, we need to keep this site going.  It's the digital torsion bar bible.  

Build thread: "Skittle 2.0" - http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1
Build thread 2: "Red Daily"http://www.redpepper...topic=55687&hl=

My Classic Honda Blog - http://genone-blog.blogspot.com/

Road & Track magazine: "When they get around to listing the top good-time inventions of the late 20th century, we're willing to bet that right up there with the hang gliders, ultra lights, sailboards and jet skis you'll find the Honda Civic CRX. And we're willing to bet that the CRX won't be at the bottom of the short list--particularly if the CRX in question is an Si."

CSPCRX

Agree!  RPR has been the go to site for 1st gens for ever.  Was sad to see it go away but so glad it was back.  Site has gone down a couple of times over the last few months, not sure why.  

The more traffic that can be driven here the better!

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan

Just started working on my never ending 85 sedan project again.  Naturally i had to come back to RPR for some info.  This place used to be poppin!  Lets bring it back!

CSPCRX

From what I heard many went to a FB version.  I don’t use social media so my only hope is this site stays live.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan

From what I heard many went to a FB version.  I don’t use social media so my only hope is this site stays live.

Im on that FB group.  Hard to sort through stuff.  Ill definitely be posting updates here as i work on new stuff with the car.  Right now im mocking up the Tein suspension and sorting out the brakes.  Next ill work on the fuel system and then wiring.  I have a B18 LS motor and cable tranny that i can mock up too but i might be changing the motor i swap in. 

86crxjay

• Daily Driver
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '12 Cruze LS 6sp, '14 Impala Limited

I'm still alive, but it's been a while since I've had a Honda.  The last was a '98 Integra LS.  I got it in 2011 and sold it in 2014.  I regret it terribly.

I hope everyone is doing well!  (late) Happy New Year!

07-02.jpg    DSCN4082.jpg

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT

Still here.  I'm on the FB site as well, but I really don't look at it much as I haven't found it very useful.  I'm paused on putting my Rex back together.  The last engine swapped in was a dud.  Thus, I recently I bought a brown top Teg to use for the engine swap, but decided the Teg was rare enough in its own right to not deserve being cannibalized, even if a 5-door.  Little by little, all the nagging little issues on my near perfect body, rust free Teg are being fixed while I debate what engine will be next for the Rex.  

Hope everyone out there is doing well.  These are some crazy times.

A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit

I am still here, at least somewhat. Also on FB, reluctantly.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

letank

ha, ha, ha, yes, still tinkering on the 86 EW1, passed smog again last week, it is always borderline on the Nox, but at least the California state has allowed a +/- 3 degrees of timing, so at 17 BTDC, it substancially lowers the Nox in the 700ppm away from the 850ppm. Not bad at 182Kmiles.

So I took a trip to the local junkyard to get some goodies and discovered that the 84 does not have the same combo blinker/parking light as the 86...(confirmed by the parts number on cheaperhondaparts) too bad the 84 were in good shape, my left side has a small crack... but it is still watertight.

Now if I good figure out a way to restore that headliner...

Happy new year to all the inmates

Michel

CSPCRX

Glad to see you guys are out there.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

whiterice

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 95 Del Sol, 90 Si
Hello. Saw this was back up from the vtec academy live stream. Need to update my profile.

CSPCRX

Welcome back and glad you saw that chatter about RPR.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Site was down and I got scared it went off the air again!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage

I still swing by here and there... the 86 CRX I got to get back into things is sitting with its engine and transmission on an engine hoist in my garage... as it has been since May of 2016... :/

Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

CSPCRX

Get it back in! LOL

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily