Pgm Fi

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

Qball0157

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 honda crx si
Hey im kinda new to the site and well i have a 86 honda crx. about one week ago my PGM fi light came on and i rest the ecu and it still came on. So i went and looked up the code it was giving off witch was 8. This is the TDC "top dead center" sensor from what i gather. Dose any one know how to fix/check/replace it. any help would be great im still in school so money is kinda limited. thanks for the help

Edited by Qball0157, 19 November 2005 - 02:26 AM.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
The only crank position sensor on the 1st Gen Si is inside the distributor. I would start by opeing up your distributor and looking for trouble in there. Cleaning contacts and lubricating moving parts would be a good idea. A can of electrical contact cleaner is cheap and could solve your problem. Unplug all the connectors (One at a time) and spray them liberally with contact cleaner.

Distributor failure is not unusual for Hondas. New distributors are very expensive, a clean junkyard distributor can save you a lot of money. But the ditrrsbutor itself may no be the problem. Make sure all your contacts are good.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Qball0157

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 honda crx si
Thanks alot ill try that and let u know how it goes.