• Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 EE9 1,6iVT, 86 civic GT D16 VTEC powered by E85
    Garage View Garage

nice rotas.

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm disappointed in this thread.

Where is the RPR that we've all grown to love?

So what if this guy's 3G doen't make you happy in your special place. Get over it! Many are quick to criticize, but few can take it. I'll admit some constructive criticism is helpful, but being straigt up ignorant is not.

Are those really genuine $120+ Ray's Engineering lugnuts? Your guess is as good as mine. They look good, so who cares?

And even though the duckbill and mirrors are possibly for an EG, how many choices are readily available to replace the OEM pieces? And good luck finding a pair of uber-rare genuine Mugen 3G mirrors and mounting plates.

I'm not sticking up solely for this member, but everyone who deserves respect.

Here's the tip of the day: Join Honda-Tech if you enjoy being a super-douche.

DSMTimeline.jpg

tegrolla666

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI EA, 89 Corolla AE92, 93 Integra GSR DA
damn man someone else gotta mind like me lolol..i put spoon mirrors on my shit theywere off an ek..i took the back off and made a plate so the would fit lolol u just drilled em onhah...an i tried the duckbill to and judging by howurs turned out that prob whyi never mounted it lolol...anyways bump for creativity..i gotta get pics up of my car lol

tegrolla666

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic SI EA, 89 Corolla AE92, 93 Integra GSR DA
and those are def not spoon rims...look at the lip theyre rotas for sure...but who cares id never buy spoons anyways or i dont have themoney

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I like your car Bro. It looks like a lot of hard work went into it. You have a lot of trophies so you must be doing something right.

Keep in mind guys different countries , different trends.

As far as the "shipping parts" go I just shipped a similar size/lighter package than the "wing" to Florida from California and shipping was $68 alone.

I would hate to see what it would be cross country.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Dec 5 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like your car Bro. It looks like a lot of hard work went into it. You have a lot of trophies so you must be doing something right.

the problem is that if he did put a lot of hard work into it, he could have made it very very nice. but it looks like he just bought the parts and threw them on and didn't care what it looked like, it's just so he could say he HAD the parts..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

flashmatrix

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: Lexus GS300
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Dec 5 2008, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep in mind guys different countries , different trends.

As far as the "shipping parts" go I just shipped a similar size/lighter package than the "wing" to Florida from California and shipping was $68 alone.

I would hate to see what it would be cross country.

This is true, he's from the dominican republic.
Parts shipped there must be some bucks.
Style of modding is slightly a bit different.
But aside from that, looks wise if he would have the parts "fit" better thatd be a really well done car.
Dunno, I havent personally seen another 3g civic in here with a carbon hood (Marcus hasnt even started making these yet).
Thats pretty unique,right there.

"Your arms are too short to box with GOD."

SuperTwinz

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
At least this guy made the "fake" mirrors fit nicely (Still WAY too big IMO):

IG: supertwinz

Vicious

QUOTE (flashmatrix @ Dec 5 2008, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is true, he's from the dominican republic.
Parts shipped there must be some bucks.
Style of modding is slightly a bit different.
But aside from that, looks wise if he would have the parts "fit" better thatd be a really well done car.
Dunno, I havent personally seen another 3g civic in here with a carbon hood (Marcus hasnt even started making these yet).
Thats pretty unique,right there.

it not a cf hood if i remember correctly it's just that film crap.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

CarNutCertifies

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 71 chevy pu, 87 CRX DX"Pip squeek", 87 CRX DX "Pip Squeek II"
Who cares? I mean really you guys have alienaited this guy. He posts pics of his car, He is very proud of it, It is his he likes it, obviously the local judges do too. Those trophies you have to remember when you go to a show you often run into the same cars and if had purchased those trophies then the people who attended those shows would call him on it. i thought his car looked good. So what if all the lines matched up, you dont know his future plans or what local trends are, Yes it is always better to make things have the factory fit and finish but to rip him apart like you did...That was wrong! I have been here for awhile now and i dont recall ever seeing someone get bashed this hard. There is a way to tell someone that some things need work and there is a way not to. This was the way not to. Just my .02
87 CRX DX, "Pip Squeek"
87 CRX DX "Parts Car"
86 CRX SI "Currently being built" DD
86 CRX DX "The Project" -(retired) - stripped
71 Chevy PU
81 Chevy PU
01 Dodge Ram 1500 (sold/traded)
97 Honda prelude DD
92 Jeep Cherokee "Slug" (parts)
91 Jeep Cherokee "Slug II"
92 Ford Probe GT Turbo: it blew up, got stripped, and then crushed....back to my CRX...What was I thinking...Oh yea it was free.
Ford........At least they circled the problem...
38 Desoto 2 door sedan (a project that I will someday get around to)

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
^^^^^ werd.

Have you ever seen the pictures of those wacky Japanese modders, with the tailpipes pointing six feet straight up in the air, and 2 foot long front lip extensions? That stuff, to me is nutty, but over there, at that time, that was the 'thing', and everyone was doing it. Who's to say if it's right or wrong, but at that time, in that place, it was 'right'. They probably look at our cars as boring. It's just a different culture and mindset. To say some of the stuff that was said in this thread disappoints me.

Tom

"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rpr @ Dec 6 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^^^ werd.

.......To say some of the stuff that was said in this thread disappoints me.

Tom

same here. some of you guys have posted rediculous honda-tech garbage. this is not what we here at redpepper are all about. some constructive criticism or friendly suggestions would be ok but not the total shit that i have seen here. if you dont like his car then dont comment or look at the thread anymore. if you do like it or have some friendly positive advice then say so. im tempted to delete every negative reply in this thread but im leaving it alone since Tom replied and apparently didnt feel the need to do so and i wouldnt feel right going over his head.

LUIS3D, do what YOU like to YOUR car and make it what you want it to be, fuck what everyone else says or thinks.
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

ChrisF-dude