What Is Sensitive To Water In The 1gcrx

• You cannot reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic

gkiing

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
I dont think you understand the concept. Water is electrolyzed by electricity to create hydrogen and oxygen, which is then burned.

Another separate topic is water injection, which injects 50% alcohol 50% water in conjunction with gasoline to produce combustion while keeping cylinder temperatures down, thus preventing detonation.

I'm building my own kit, better than that.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
Wait, who doesn't understand the concept? huh.gif

Man, I'm more comfused than when I started this thread! We're on page 2 already and it still seems like people think I want to inject water.

Let me try and explain... I DON'T WANT TO INJECT WATER INTO MY CYLINDERS! rolleyes.gif

I want the engine to burn hydrogen.
Burning hydrogen makes water.
I can't have engine components that react with water so I need to identify them.
I need help from people that know more abbout these engines than me to identify these parts.

My question is, "What components of the engine are sensitive to water?"

Ok, *gest his movie director hat on, and sits in the little folding chair* "Thread 1; take 2."

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Im sure if were that simple conversion kits would be all over the place.... It can be done though as i have seen it with my own eyes on a generator motor from a mad ,super intelligent ,genious, that is working for all kinds of major industries!!! he resides in sonora california... he also has built several electric cars such as a fiat x19 electric and a miata electric... his current project is a 1992 awd talon he removed the engine and in place will be a super industrial electric motor (very powerful) mated to a custom housing/plate to mate to the 1992 awd talons stock transmission the driveshaft will in turn charge the batteries that run the electric motor.. he has shown me the setup and it is quite ingenious.. I make it sound so easy in my description but it has many other parts also.... I met him at a swap meet he was selling the dsm drivetrain in which I bought at his complex which housed several projects for NASA, JAGUAR(he invented a special part for them), GM, etc....

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
This would not be cheap even if you are an engineer. Why not try bacon fat or you could get a flux capacitor to generate the 1.21 jigawatts necessary for the mass water depriciation values.
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
just a side note here.....

those people that youve read about injecting water into their cylinders for more horses. this happens because water doesnt compress, basically your increasing your compression, giving you a bit more power and cooling your engine at the same time. not the same as hydrogen injection.

for shizzle!!! keep us posted on this project. i'm all for new ideas and alternative resources. that hydrogen injection combined with gasoline could almost double your mileage while still retaining HP. combine all this with a touch of boost and you could have a cheap to drive turbo car.

i smell a very thorough write-up coming soon biggrin.gif

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
The engine itself is "sensitive" to water because it is not designed to run on water but gasoline! Any steel parts on the motor would be "sensitive" because they rust. That would include the valves, valve springs, cam, cylinder sleeves, injectors, piston pins, rods, rod bolts, crankshaft, to name a few.

Have you ever heard of the saying that oil and water don't mix?

Hydrogen is not a substance that one should experiment with without proper training. It is extremely flammable and explosive. Why do you think that we pay all the money that we do for gasoline? Hydrogen is just plain too dangerous.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

racelife

• need more speed!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86rex(bad comp), 90rex(blown head), 90teg(no engine), 90accord(wifes), 98civic 4dr.ex(dd) and a heap of broken 1st and 3rd gens.
Hindenburg!

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
In general, everything that is ferrous material that could come in contact with the burned hydrogen would be at some risk, but generally only during warmup. After the motor is hot, the heat from the motor will cause the moisture to evaporate before you have major issues.

Kirk

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Apr 4 2006, 09:44 AM)
In general, everything that is ferrous material that could come in contact with the burned hydrogen would be at some risk, but generally only during warmup.  After the motor is hot, the heat from the motor will cause the moisture to evaporate before you have major issues.

Kirk

That's what I'm thinking too, the biggest hazard to the engine will be when it's not running. Such as overnight parking.

One way arround it would be to run the engine on gasoline for 5 minuts before and after driving, but, if possible I'd like to avoid having to do that.

I also just realized that the injectors sit in the air intake so they wouldn't see any of the resulting vapor.

Valves can be replaced with a stainless alternative, pistons can be coated if they are ferrous, I'm sure something is out there in terms of piston rings. So really, the only question that remains is the cylinder wall.

The sleves on these blocks are not replaceable, right? So I'll need to see if I can find some alternative.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
could you not resleeve the block? i'm not totally sure and all as i havent had the chance to pull apart a honda engine before, but really, why couldnt you just resleeve it.

bore it out, resleeve it and hone it. might need new pistons and rings as well, but seeing as your basically rewriting the book on honda gasoline engines i dont see why you couldnt/shouldnt........

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Apr 4 2006, 10:05 AM)
could you not resleeve the block? i'm not totally sure and all as i havent had the chance to pull apart a honda engine before, but really, why couldnt you just resleeve it.

bore it out, resleeve it and hone it. might need new pistons and rings as well, but seeing as your basically rewriting the book on honda gasoline engines i dont see why you couldnt/shouldnt........

That's what I'm wondering, if it can be resleeved. I seem to recall something abbout the EW engines not being resleevable, but I could easyly just be pulling stuff out of may arse on this one.

Edited by EuphoricBlue, 04 April 2006 - 12:23 PM.

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
LOL, i KNOW i'm pulling stuff out my arse about this as i said, i'm not to sure, but really i cant see why not. something to look into for sure.

Surestick

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX DX. Upgrades (so far) Illuminas on all four corners, new rims & tires & Eldo's carb mod. Needs some rust repair. 1993 Civic Si as a daily driver that I have sworn to keep stock (so $$ can go to the CRX).
No need to worry - the main by-products of burning gasoline are water vapour & carbon dioxide.
You shouldn't have any issues.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Yeah, I guess I am stressing a little much over the details. I guess I should start by finding an engine and making it run, then worry abbout making it run relyably in a car.

Hmm, anyone local burryed under carbed 1.5s they want to give away? ph34r.gif

Reason I'm interested in a carb is cause it's simple. No fancy wireing. Which means I can start it on a rack easy. Makes it that much sympler to experament with in my shed laugh.gif