Your Reason For Buying Your First 1g/3g?

• You cannot reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My friends fiance'(now wife) had my 87 dx while in college. She would drive up and my friend and I and a friend of hers would tug around in it. I was suprized at the room in that car. I had owned an '80 GL 1500 at the time. I loved that car but wanted something that I could work on (if I only knew then what I know now)
Well, my friend got married to that girl, and they wanted a new car. They asked me if I wanted it. Because the car lot only wanted to give them $500 as a trade-in. At that time with the milage it had (108k) It had been quoted at $1200 and they were sure they could get $1000 for it. I was wanting to go back to school ('99) I said yes, I was the 4th registered owner of this car, the original owner sold it to my friends wife's cousin for $3500 in '91 and she was the last of 6 other drivers, because after her cousin, her dad bought and registered it in her name, he drove it for a year, one of the uncles drove it for a few months, grandma drove it, the other grandpa drove it, then her dad drove it, then she drove it. It was always maintained and taken care of. then I got it. I couldn't believe it, it was just like my GL, but futuristic. laugh.gif But, the one thing that I have always had was someone to help me with it. Scott(my best friend), as assurance of my hesitance, told me he would help me with it reguardless of what went wrong with it. He loved it too. When I wrecked it (on graduation day) He went with me to look at it one last time at the salvage lot. I was suprized when he said "Hey, that don't look to bad" So we fix't it. And all was great for another 4 months. Dang should've remembered the lower control arm.

I still have it, and still love it. It will LIVE AGAIN.

Project Phoenix. cool.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
thought it had low mileage and i always liked crxs.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I couldn't afford/couldn't find a decent 2G CRX.... smile.gif
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
i baught a 3g for my girlfriend, couse she would absolutely not drive an opel, wish i was/ am really in to. startet to like it. .

bought a 1g for her, and fell i litle in love with it (aka i drove it more then she did laugh.gif )

then i saw my own 3g, just fell in love on the spot, bought it in under an hour and used the money that should have been used to build me a racecar on it.

i own both the 1g and 3g now since she left me. sad.gif
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
Our first 3rd gen in the household was the '85 Wagon 4WD, that we bought for my wife in 1990. A year or two later I bought my '85 hatch 4-speed. I didn't buy my first 1st gen CRX until '94.

Still have the Wagon. Bought it for the 4WD, and to avoid buying a mini-van.

Keith

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
I bought my first one (orange car in avatar) from a close friend of mine who owned it for a few years then blew the engine. It sat in his parents garage for about 5 years until I asked him if he wanted to sell it.

I bought it for $1000 with a fresh paint job, full cage, and a bunch of other aftermarket parts. That was like 7 years ago and now its sitting again in need of an engine rebuild on my d16a1...

Thank god I bought my 85si off Strzastek(im sure i butchered that!). I love the 85 just as much as my 87 and I get looks/comments on it regularly!

typej

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2011 Honda Element LX
    • Image Gallery
Been wanting a Honda for 5 years. I had a 91 Buick Regal as a High School Graduation present. It helped through college but then quit on me. So since 2003, I had been riding the bus, my mom's car, and walking, all while searching for my future car, it being a Honda. I have always been facinated by then since the day my friend hung with my V6 Regal in his 92 Prelude. So Jan. 30, 2006 I bought my 87 CRX Si for $350, still running.

06-07: 1987 Honda CRX SI w/B16a (stock)

Currently: 2011 Honda Element (stock, mainly car audio and daily)

Looking to get back to having an 87 Crx SI

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
A guy told me he had a 88' SI for sale for $400 bucks. Turned out to be an 87'. I wouldn't trade it for a 88-91' now. I love when guys with newer hondas underestimate the wonder box!
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!

84bluerex

• I need more peppers!!!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2003 srt-4
    Garage View Garage
i got mine free for buying a 2nd gen laugh.gif i payed 800 for the 89 crx dx and got the 84 dx for free:D I have had 5 crx's in total and only two right now.
user posted image
DOWN WITH POSTWHORES!!!!!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
I was just entering Middle Age when I saw a magazine that proclaimed "Go Fast Cheaply!" I bought the magazine and they reocmmend the 1st Gen CRx Si as a quick car that could be bought and modified inexpensively.

So I did.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
when i bought my 3G it was sposed to be a replacement for our plymouth Die-Nasty (pun intended) winter beater. when i bought it it looked like someone had a line dancing party on every panel, it had hit a big dog, it had been rearended, it was beat. well, our winter beater civic never saw the winter roads that year because it was in our garage for a whole year having all the damage massaged out, as best as a couple of bodywork newbs could manage anyway. it came with a rebuilt engine from an 86, its 1300cc's, it had bad shocks, bad steering, rusted through floors, broken this, worn out that, basically a total mess. it was a write off.

its been quite the learning experiance, with alot of help from my hubby with lots of rolling of eyes and lots of good info from everyone here on RPR (including some of the more grumpier members...) my ride has been resurected into my project car. its come a very long way.

thank you rpr for being such a great resource, i really do appreciate all the helpful tips and info the members have to share. i know i can be a bit of a spaz sometimes, thanks for putting up with me biggrin.gif

Edited by JeepGirl, 16 February 2006 - 10:12 AM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

terrafox

My dad told me that a guy was selling a cheap car(prob tired of me borrowing his car all the time) It was an 3G 85 1.5GL(carbed) 85hp. It was blue and ran very nicely was especially impressed with the smooth and ease of gearchanging. Anyway he told me I could try it for 1 day b4 i bought it. got it for 625$ I had it like 6 months and I used it for amature rallys aswell as a dailydriver. The clutch died and I went to work in 3rd gear. The clutch was completely gone so u could not change gear while the engine was running and when u started the engine the car would drive at the same time. Drove 38 miles like that everyday for 1 month. Then I borrowed my dads car again for like a month. I was looking for an 3g SI and I found one in Germany went there and drove it home. Got it for 118$. Thats the one I have now. Only expense was oil & filter change + some light bulbs. :-D Oh yeah also fixed the usual rust in the rearquater panals + the buttom where u have ur feet. thats it

R.

Edited by terrafox, 16 February 2006 - 10:40 AM.

If you need EDM stuff - Just ask due to popular demand I will also state that I am willing to look for EDM parts nomatter what car its for, example: Vw/Mazda/BMW

EDM SALES TREAD HERE

I need race/performance parts if you have any PM me

racelife

• need more speed!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86rex(bad comp), 90rex(blown head), 90teg(no engine), 90accord(wifes), 98civic 4dr.ex(dd) and a heap of broken 1st and 3rd gens.
i have an addiction to buying cars and i worked at a car lot. we got an 85 crx si in on trade (it was 1998) so i bought it for $500 fixed it up and drove it for two years loved it to death and sold it for $550. so i could by a 91 si. after i sold it i couldnt help but miss the handeling and all around fun of the first gen so i an 86 si got it home and found that it had a cracked block so i found another one got it home thought it just needed a tune up but when i checked the comp. it was way low so now i have a bunch of parts cars just saving up $$ for project parts to get one of them ready for track/weekend fun.
i just cant stay away from the 1st gens!! biggrin.gif

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
simple. my dad bought it new in 86. he would only sell it to me and he wanted a new car 3 years ago, a new Si. so i bought it. if i'm lucky, i'll end up with his new Si. hehehee.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
[/quote]

hopefully ill be thinking exactly that in 10 years when im driving an 05 Infiniti G35 6 speed coupe(my dream car)! I always think about that, in 10 years an 05 G35 will be nothing fancy or expensive and i would be able to afford it.

[/quote]

laugh.gif laugh.gif same here!

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member