85 replies to this topic

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
^^^^?

you actually can run 13" dteelies on teg brakes. they are the same as my edm 1,6 brakes, and i now that at least some steelies fit. tight fit, but it fits.
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Today, a report from M.I.T. finds the spinning 13" hubcaps o be the best. The constant inertial motion generates forward momentum.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
I did the Integra brake upgrade on my 86 Civic, and I used the stock 13x5 steel wheels on it. I had to remove the big guard from the rear discs to run those wheels in back, but they cleared the brakes just fine.

13 inch steels will clear, but my old 13 inch aluminum Honda factory rims wouldn't quite make it. And no, they weren't CF-48s.

I had switched to 14s anyway because Yokohama stopped making the 175/70-13 A008 tires. I had switched to 205/55-14 Yokohama A008s and 205/55-14 Yokohama AVSs. Both great tires.

Edited by Madkore, 17 February 2006 - 09:39 PM.

You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
This is what i tell people when they ask about stuff like this or performance s tuff in particular. Look what Formula 1 does. Yes they do use 13" wheels and no they dont need big wheels to handle or fit giant rotors on. They stop turn and respond faster than anything out there, so 13" wheels cant be all that bad. Argue with that.

Julian

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
My 13" aluminum wheels fit with the Integra brakes. Though I'm sure there are some that will not. I had to remove the rear splash shield to get the wheel to fit on the rear and some of the stick-on wheel weights so that they didn't hit the calipers (very tight fit). Pic of the rear wheel. Z-racing: Sear's boo-boo wheel. I got the 4 wheels with 80k miles tires, Bridgestone Roadhandler LE IIRC, for $80.

Before I removed the stock engine I drove it around on these after driving on those 16s for ~4 years and wow, they are sloppy to me.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
OK you guys win...tomorrow i will pick up these rims!!!!!!!!!being that im going to get all my suspension done and they do auto-x right here at the stockton fairgrounds..... i might just make a few runs...!! is this a good deal on racing tires&rims?I will buy these and test them...even though they are 13x8 race compound LOL...
http://www.craigslis.../134827061.html

Edited by etmydst, 18 February 2006 - 12:45 AM.

crazi-85crx

if you decide not to keep them, i'll take 'em biggrin.gif.

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Madkore @ Feb 17 2006, 09:37 PM)
I did the Integra brake upgrade on my 86 Civic, and I used the stock 13x5 steel wheels on it. I had to remove the big guard from the rear discs to run those wheels in back, but they cleared the brakes just fine.

13 inch steels will clear, but my old 13 inch aluminum Honda factory rims wouldn't quite make it. And no, they weren't CF-48s.

I had switched to 14s anyway because Yokohama stopped making the 175/70-13 A008 tires. I had switched to 205/55-14 Yokohama A008s and 205/55-14 Yokohama AVSs. Both great tires.

I had a set of AVS Intermediates in the 195/50R15 size, and they were great. The ES100 replaced them, but it's not the same. I miss them too.

Mike
No power . . . no weight

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (etmydst @ Feb 18 2006, 12:43 AM)
OK you guys win...tomorrow i will pick up these rims!!!!!!!!!being that im going to get all my suspension done and they do auto-x right here at the stockton fairgrounds..... i might just make a few runs...!! is this a good deal on racing tires&rims?I  will buy these and test them...even though they are 13x8 race compound LOL...
http://www.craigslis.../134827061.html

Those are good wheels. They're not especially light, but they are strong and well-built. I have a new set being built right now for rain tires. Mine are 13x8 also, but with a 5" backspace. 51/2" backspace won't quite tuck the wheels under the fenders, but it will be close.

And $220 is a good deal for those if they are in the condition the seller states.

Mike
No power . . . no weight

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
They're not especially light, but they are strong and well-built.

I think the wheels only weigh 14 pounds each, which isn't bad for a 13 X 8 steel wheel. A lot of aluminum 13 X 8 wheels weigh that much, or more.
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

ChrisF-dude