Fastline Performance Shifter

• You cannot reply to this topic
65 replies to this topic

AggressiveST

hey, make it a little longer and you can shift with your forehead and never have to let go of the wheel at all.
THEN: soon after that : next in order of time, position, narration, or enumeration <walked to the door, then turned><first came the clowns, and then came the elephants>

THAN: used as a function word to indicate difference of kind, manner, or identity ; used especially with some adjectives and adverbs that express diversity <anywhere else than at home><older than I am> <easier said than done>

toxicshit

I would like one or a few of them if the price if right wink.gif

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Everyone who has ever made jokes about this shifter has proven to me that the automotive enthusiast market is made up of two distinct kinds of people.

1) Those who are serious about modding and performance.

2) Those who are not.

If you are serious and open to new ideas, it just makes sense to me that you would see this piece, read the page, read other's responses, and simply be able to say 'it is not for me' or 'i would try it out.'

Those who are concerned about lengthening and shortneing throws, this part is not for you. It is not intended to change the throw of the shift linkage. It is intended to make throws smoother, more precise, and faster by virtue of making the shifter closer to the wheel.

And yes, on a racetrack, your interest is best served keeping your hands on the wheel as much as possible.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
marcus, forget them. i want one. i've seen them before and i like them. so i'm down. i've heard they are absolutely fantastic. i can't wait...

and oh yeah, it reminds me of the "Rat Fink" days.. wink.gif

Moon Eyes usa!!!

mooneyesusa.com
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

Veonik

• because 35mph is FAST, yo!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
    Garage View Garage
any idea on cost?
user posted image

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Feb 8 2006, 04:51 PM)
Everyone who has ever made jokes about this shifter has proven to me that the automotive enthusiast market is made up of two distinct kinds of people.

2) Those who are not.

What!?!? So people who don't like a shifter that looks like it belongs in a big rig are not automotive enthusiasts? DIAF

Talk about being narrow-minded. dry.gif

You post a new product asking for opinions. You got what you asked for...opinions.

Edited by Airgazm86, 08 February 2006 - 05:40 PM.

DSMTimeline.jpg

B@T "El Argentino"

That shifter reminds me of the shifters they used in rally cars a few years ago when paddle shifters didn't exist. Now they use a shifter like that one for the e-brake and they can also use it for changing gears if the paddle shifter breaks.
I like the idea but not the look, maybe in the future I become hardcore and get one, but not for now.
B@T 46 "THE DOCTOR"
[email protected]
user posted image
My "VOUCH" tread http://www.redpepper...44

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Just a couple of weeks ago Masta made an extension for his shifter that does almost exactly what this one does. I borrowed it and broke the threads off my el-cheapo short shifter, but before that, I loved it. Turns out his B&M short shifter had a thicker shaft than mine, so on his it was tight, mine, not so much. Ah well, the knob still threads onto the one remaining thread, so I'm cool.

I'll be buying one of these for my teg, and maybe make it fit my Civic...
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

87CrxType-one

• Loving the 1g's and 3g's
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87crx si, and my beautiful 76 gas station orange 1980 plymouth arrow pickup, oh yeah baby!!!!!!!
    • Image Gallery
I think ur idea is awesome it makes sense. May need one in the future but for now im good. I appreciate ur ideas and products.. Can I have ur car now MR Disability biggrin.gif just kidding keep coming with the products

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (rpr @ Feb 8 2006, 11:13 PM)
I loved it. Turns out his B&M short shifter had a thicker shaft than mine, so on his it was tight, mine, not so much. Ah well, the knob still threads onto the one remaining thread, so I'm cool.

There's so much I could say here, but I'll just refrain... laugh.gif

bryman<-----doesn't want to hear about Masta's and RPR's shaft thickness or length
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

racelife

• need more speed!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86rex(bad comp), 90rex(blown head), 90teg(no engine), 90accord(wifes), 98civic 4dr.ex(dd) and a heap of broken 1st and 3rd gens.
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Feb 8 2006, 07:57 PM)
QUOTE (rpr @ Feb 8 2006, 11:13 PM)
I loved it. Turns out his B&M short shifter had a thicker shaft than mine, so on his it was tight, mine, not so much. Ah well, the knob still threads onto the one remaining thread, so I'm cool.

There's so much I could say here, but I'll just refrain... laugh.gif

bryman<-----doesn't want to hear about Masta's and RPR's shaft thickness or length

8--------->

8======>

shaft thickness it key.

toxicshit

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Feb 8 2006, 04:51 PM)

2) Those who are not.

If you are serious and open to new ideas, it just makes sense to me that you would see this piece, read the page, read other's responses, and simply be able to say 'it is not for me' or 'i would try it out.'

Those who are concerned about lengthening and shortneing throws, this part is not for you. It is not intended to change the throw of the shift linkage. It is intended to make throws smoother, more precise, and faster by virtue of making the shifter closer to the wheel.

And yes, on a racetrack, your interest is best served keeping your hands on the wheel as much as possible.

Will the one that gets made be a First generation one piece Silver Shifter or will the actual product be the black two-pieced second generation shifter.

I love these shifters friends of mine have them and they work greath.. they have the First gen Shifter and i was asking myself if the 2 piece part will mount nicely into each other.

The retail price on these will be somewhere around 150 ? Let me know Marcus im interested.

Greetings Erwin.

cr-x.jpg

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
I know I'll be very interested in these. I almost bought one for the newer civics and modified it to fit. The only differences would be the ball diameter, it needs to be smaller in diameter fir the 1st en rex, and the bend depending on the year civic you got it from. I would have loved to have these cnc copied, but only for one reason Marcus...... to get it in black for my ride. Please Marcus..... in black? Please please please ???? Let me know man and i'll pickit up soon as you can say they are done. While we are at it... i'll be contacting you soon on a battery and a hood. But we'll talk wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

toxicshit

if i read it correctly the only make the second gen shifters wink.gif so they are Black wink.gif

Additional Features:

• Precision CNC-machined steel construction, with quality TIG welds and durable black coating for stock appearance
• Shifter is placed in the optimal position - right next to the steering wheel for maximum steering control and minimum shifting time
• Handle adjusts to compensate for smaller diamater racing steering wheels
• Delivers crisp, accurate shifts with no sloppiness, annoying vibrations, rattles, or notchiness
• Counter-weighted design provides optimal balance of shifter and linkage, providing super smooth shifting with minimal effort
• Retains the same identical throw as stock (not shorter, not longer) so it won't risk transmission damage like short shifters
• Delrin linkage bushings won't deteriorate, deflect, or deform
• Designed to work with stock shift knob, interior, and shift boot
• Includes new OEM Honda pivot bushing, stainless steel hardware, detailed installation instructions
• Carries a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects

cr-x.jpg

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (AggressiveST @ Feb 8 2006, 02:48 AM)
hey, make it a little longer and you can shift with your forehead and never have to let go of the wheel at all.

Ok i'm still laughing at this comment.... i know i know it wasn't nice but i am self admittedly retarded and this fell in line with my type of humor hahahahahahahahaha damn i'm almost crying at the thought !!!! laugh.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts