Krötes '87 Hatch

• You cannot reply to this topic
578 replies to this topic

Gant

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
QUOTE (GrafKröte @ Aug 25 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just thougt about getting some USDM-tails & corners, so that I can change everytime between JDM, EDM and USDM. Also the JDM-corners are not allowed here, because there one sign on it missing. It's an e in a circle. On the USDM-tails they are, but on the corners? Can somebody take a look at and tell me if they had?

I read on this site somewhere about converting/modding JDM corners to have dual bulbs
unless the e in a circle you are talking about is like a saftey mark or something on the lens?

^^click for wagoplan alpha^^

My name is Garrett.... like the turtle

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Honda Civic; '87 Honda Prelude 2.0Si; '86 Honda Civic Shuttle; '92 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi
    Garage View Garage
JDM-corners have two bulbs.

Yes, it's somekind of saftey mark. We have a very strict techniqual control here in germany. If you have some parts at your car which are not checked by the "TÃœV" the police for example could get your plates and your not allowed to drive it anymore. It's difficult and some kind of crazy - or simply overdone bureaucracy. ph34r.gif

Posted Image

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
Hatch is looking SUPER-FLY man!!!

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Honda Civic; '87 Honda Prelude 2.0Si; '86 Honda Civic Shuttle; '92 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi
    Garage View Garage
Just one more pic happy.gif

Posted Image

Gant

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yeah my USDM corners dont have the "(E)" but my tails do

your hatch is hawt tho

^^click for wagoplan alpha^^

My name is Garrett.... like the turtle

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
See what I get yesterday smile.gif

I love NOS parts smile.gif

I also get some floormats. Not OEM, but cheap and not so bad.

Next Update will come during the next days.

Edited by GrafKröte, 17 September 2009 - 03:31 AM.

Posted Image

ATXBoy

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
nice score! do you have the rings for your lugnuts too? smile.gif

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I only take the trims. A friend bought this complete set only because of the rings and nuts, so I get the rest nearly for free.

Edited by GrafKröte, 17 September 2009 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Today I startet to build up a aux-in for my nice oldschool radio. Here some pics:

During the next days I'll do the wiring.

Posted Image

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
The next days the sterring wheel from the Civic Si will find it's way into my hatch. I also got an rear muffler from CR-X. That one with the two pipes.

Posted Image

Hylsan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2xCivic '87 :: 1xCivic '98
Im thinking of getting that muffler myself, so please put up some pix and experience biggrin.gif

/Hylsan

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
No problem wink.gif

The muffler is a bit louder that that one I had before, but the chrom-trims with the absorber are missing. I just try to get them too. Can't say anything about more power or so, because there was something wrong with my old one. Makes mysterious noises - like there was a rusty hole, but there wasn't. It feels like I've some more power now, but I'm not sure that it was because it's a CR-X AS muffler or because the old one was shitty...

Here are the pics:

Original part from Honda smile.gif I got it from eBay for cheap.

That one on the top is my old one.

I also installed the steering wheel:

Edited by GrafKröte, 30 September 2009 - 12:12 PM.

Posted Image

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
I'm quite interested to know how exactly you wired in that aux in port to the old radio... blink.gif

kostritzer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 civic SI, 02 Audi A6 4.2, 00 VFR800
QUOTE (Old School REX @ Sep 30 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm quite interested to know how exactly you wired in that aux in port to the old radio... blink.gif

X2!

GrafKröte

• & the browntop-hatch
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (kostritzer @ Oct 1 2009, 06:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
X2!

rolleyes.gif

It's so simple...^^
...if you had this port on your radio.

Most of the old radios have tham. Mono-radios with 6 pols and stereo with 8.

I only know who to make by the mono-radios...

All you need is the plug for that port, 3 cables and simple socket for the AUX-IN.

One cable you connect with the ground-cable from the radio itself. Than you connect one cable with pol number 1 from the DIN-plug, the last cable you put on pol no. 2.
Now you are happy that the sockets are so practical build. It has three pols: One is near the hole where the aux-plug came in - thats the ground, so put the ground-cable to that pol. And than there are the two other pols at the end of the socket. One goes to a little plate which was pressed by the side, when you put in a aux-plug. That one is for the cable, which is connected to pol no. 2. And now there is only one cable and one pol left. So connect both and you are ready.

Now you can listen to the radio, and if there was only shity music or you just want to listen to you own music, just put in the plug and you will here the music from your mp3-player or laptop or what ever you connect with. If you remove the plug from the aux-socket you can listen to the radio again.

Simple but great smile.gif laugh.gif

I haven't brazed the stuff yet. I'll make some pics if I do it.

Posted Image