31 replies to this topic

shadowboy

• RPR Resident Mad Scientist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, D16A1-powah
    Garage View Garage
Here's my story:

In Feb 2002, I bought my 87 HF. Shortly thereafter, my friend showed me a thread on the CRX Resource (which I was familiar with, but did not post much at). This resource thread was posted by a more prominant, early RPR member (I forget who offhand, boman maybe? or perhaps CRXFanatic? maybe scott? I *really* don't remember).

Anyhow, I joined RPR that last day of february 4 years ago (look to the left).

Later that year I went to Niagara 8 and met a couple RPR members. Then in november of that I went to the 2nd FL CRX meet (the first one at old town). For neither N8 nor that FL CRX meet did I come in a CRX. The next FL CRX meet at old town (2004), I came to in my own CRX.

I've met a few RPR folk, and all of them are great people (RPR, boman, RetroCRX, jsgprod, seeker one, and possibly a few others i dont remember from N8/FLCRXMT04)
Shawn
--------
1987 CRX HF, black top D16A1 power.
Best ET so far: 15.130 @ 88.53mph

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
i wasa actually directed on here by a friend who had more computer acces than me at the time...he did a google search for a few items and stumbled accross this site...and ive been hooked ever since
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

crazi-85crx

I bought my '85 CRX DX in the summer of 2005 for $250. Seached the web and came across AF, wasn't the best, then lxndr showed me this site and i haven't gone anywhere for my CRX/Civic questions ever since.

Long live RedPepperRacing!!!

toxicshit

I was searching for 1st gen parts and got to tom and masta's webshop. back in the days when rpr had a site with parts lists and stuff they made for these cars biggrin.gif

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The friend i bought my hatch off was on here, so naturly i got on here as well, one of the best sites im on, RPR\m/
Posted Image

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
i was directed over here from honda-tech, and been in love with the site ever since.
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

JDN14

after i bought my 85 Si i was googling for information and stumbled across the place.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
i actually totally forget how i found this site. because it's not like you type in crx into google and redpepperracing comes up. So i have no idea. But i do know that i was aware of this site before i actaully perchased my rex because i signed up the 15th and i had bought my crx two days before.

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

duner

• What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
some what frequented the resource....every now and then reading something like "try rpr, there are a bunch of 1gen guys there" then after getting pissed off at a number of the 1g haters there, i came over here and am just wondering what the hell took me so long.
Living the Air Force Dream!

Vouch Thread

kedwards

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '04 MINI Cooper, 2011 Honda Fit
I heard about it on one of the CRX E-mail lists, of which Tom, Scot, and others were members.

Not being much of a forum kind of guy, I think I waited until I got high-speed Internet access at home, before I really joined.

Keith

Edited by kedwards, 24 March 2006 - 07:09 AM.

Keith A. Edwards
Suffolk, VA
1.75 1st gen. CRXs
former ECHC H5 Champion

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
I couldn't find anything about the our 1st gens so I joined superhonda.com I believe it was and after about a month some one told me to check this place out. As soon as I got here I fell in love and have never cheated.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
A year ago next Wednesday, I was looking for a place to service my engine. I googled and learned so much from just reading, that I had to brag about my love of my car. THere was a topic called "How fast have you gone" So I just had to postwhore it. One year later (almost) and about 3 grand worth of stuff in my house, my car is still there, but now I have the mental capacity to work on it. Opposed to a year ago where it scared me. Hehehe I was only a couple of hours after chedda j.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (GIFF @ Mar 23 2006, 07:02 PM)
because it's not like you type in crx into google and redpepperracing comes up.

Try "1g crx" and tell me what site is the first link. smile.gif
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
i joined the CRX HQ that broke then a few units of time later nivek pulled me overhere that was 2002

85SiHybrid

I was a CRX Resource addict.....then all the drama started and I left there and came here that was in 99 I think (had the CRX since 96) anyway I went by the name of Cjmech back then.

I Went to Iraq and forgot my password and changed my e-mail addy so I couldnt log in unless I made a new screen name so I went with this one and have been here ever since.

Cj
user posted image