Garage View Garage

Why was the first post cleared?

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

CSPCRX

Not sure? Perhaps he is revising it?

if he doesn’t post it back up I have a list of needed parts as well that I have worked on with Brian from HASport.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Hmmm interesting, sorry to hear politics has come into this. 

I look at the list more from a what you would need to do a K swap, not a go use this specific product. Hopefully that would be okay. In the history of this site I never recall vendors controlling what was posted unlike other sites I have seen.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
(Facebook is crap anyway, but that's just my soapbox tirade)
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

CSPCRX

LOL, I am not on Facebook so I have no opinion.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

I met with Brian this morning and things are moving along now with the mounts. He got his equipment up and running again so he can focus on projects. Here is my parts list for my build the he and I went through this morning. Obviously there are other options as far as manufactures go with some parts like clutches, flywheels, etc.  This is just how I am approaching my swap to meet my needs for racing (HPDE & Time Attack) as well as street.  It also sounds like the swap will be part of a VTEC Academy series so there will be lots more information on there for sure. Just wanted to share since the other information came down and since this is going to happen it will help others in the future I think.

Engine  -  JDM K24A 3 Lobe

TB  -  02-05 Accord With K24A 60mm or aftermarket 70mm
Flywheel  -  Competition Clutch Flywheel 8.8lbs RSX-S Spec
Clutch  -  Exedy Stage 1 Organic Clutch Kit RSX-S Spec
Oil Pan  -  Js Racing Oil pan
TypeS Oil Pump  -  4P Ported Pump & Kit
Tensioner Cover  -  K-Tuned
A/C & P/S Elimination Kit  -  K-Tuned (May require new alt. & waterpump)
Crank Pulley  -  RSX Type S
Header  -  K-tuned 4-2-1 budget
Block Bracket  -  HASport

Engine Mounts  -  HASport
Intake Air Sensor  - 05 Civic or 03-05 Accord
Water Temp Sensor Adapter  - K-Tuned
Fuel Pressure Regulator  -  K-Tuned
Intake 3.5 in  -  Universal Pipe & Matching Filter
Raditor  -  Modify current or purchase alternate
Coolant Hoses  -  OEM or Aftermarket

Transmission  -  Base RSX W2M5
LSD  -  KAAZ 1.5 way Clutch Pack DBH2020
Axles  - Custom
Intermidiate Shaft  -  02-06 Acura RSX or 02-05 Civic SI (K20A2)
Shifter  -  Hybrid Racing no cut
Shifter  -  Cables Hybrid Racing
Hydrolic Clutch Conversion  -  HASport
Clutch Slave  -  06-07 accord (Short hard line)

ECU  -  02-04 PND with Hondata KPro V4
ECU Adapter Harness  -  Custom or ? Brand
Engine Harness  -  Base RSX 02-04

Catalytic Converter  -  3In Universal high flow
Exhaust  -  3In pipe and 3in muffler

Fuel Pump  -  Walbro GSL392 255 lph

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Transmission came in this morning from HMotorsOnline. Took it over to the shop with the LSD. They are going to install the LSD go through the tranmission to make sure its rock solid and replace some barings and seals while they are at it. Hoping I might be able to pick up an engine Monday. Local supplier is supposed to get a shipment in today, try and get the pick of the litter.  Lining up maintance parts for the motor as well. Going to do valve cover gasket, front and rear main seals and pilot bushing for sure. Easy to do now a pain to do later.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Parts are flying in now and small progress being made in preperation.

Fuel pump upgrade is complete. Everyone runs 255 lph pumps so I installed one. Here is a link to my posting on how I did that.

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=59419

Transmission is complete. KAAZ LSD is installed along with new seals. Transmission looks great inside so that is good news, always a bit of a roll of the dice on used parts like transmissions.

Found an 05 Accord TB at a junk yard and it looks in really good shape as well as an intermediate shaft. I was having some trouble finding the intermediate shaft then Brian told me the 06-11 SI ones work as well even thought they have the K20Z engine in them. Going to make my own IACV block off for the TB as no one sells one for the Accord TB.

ECU is back with Hondata Kpro installed in it, so that's ready to go and the clutch and flywheel came in.

Waiting on shifter, cables, pan, pump conversion and the K-tuned stuff to arrive. They have been ordered but have not shown up yet. Also should have engine soon so I can start putting parts on in preparation.

Brian did confirm this will be a Vtec Academy series this summer so you all will get to see the installation proceed. Very exciting and cant wait to go from 145 whp and 105 ftllbs to 225 whp and 185 ftlbs. Going to be a huge change for sure.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Got my motor yesterday. JDM K24a with RBB-3 stamped head. Looked good under the valve cover and dry and wet compressions were very good. Appears mine came from the Honda Odyssey Absolute. So the CRX will be minivan powered. 

started pulling things off that won’t be used and cleaning it. Accord TB bolted right up with one slight issue. Studs are a bit long so you need to add washers under the nuts or take the studs from the Accord when you pull the TB. Also looks like the throttle cable bracket will work as there is a spot for it to bolt on to and seems to line up.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Appreciating this build. Yes, you have a follower!

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

CSPCRX

Glad to see someone is. Brian will cover the swap itself on the VTEC Academy channel but figured I can share parts leading up to the swap. So many parts are on back order right now it’s making me crazy having to wait.

confirmed today that if you want to use the K-tuned AC/power steering pump delete that relocates the alternator lower you have to change some more parts on the JDM K24a. The water pump housing and alternator must be changed to US based units like those found on a CRV. TSX, or even those from a K20 engine.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si K20Z1

Hoping to start the car in the next week or 2

105642754_10104666765451582_518190527500

CSPCRX

So sweet Mag00n! Need more pictures!

K20?

what intake are you running?

i noticed the upper radiator support wasn’t cut, like one done on K20.org. Did you find a radiator that fits. 
what header did you go with?

What did you do for the cable to hydro clutch conversion?

also looks like your running RDX injectors so your looking to make some power!

so excited for you and the swap! Sorry for so many questions.  You did your fuel lines like I plan on doing mine.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si K20Z1

So sweet Mag00n! Need more pictures!

K20?

what intake are you running?

i noticed the upper radiator support wasn’t cut, like one done on K20.org. Did you find a radiator that fits. 
what header did you go with?

What did you do for the cable to hydro clutch conversion?

also looks like your running RDX injectors so your looking to make some power!

so excited for you and the swap! Sorry for so many questions.  You did your fuel lines like I plan on doing mine.

No worries bro I made this post to share info! Its a k20z1. Skunk2 intake manifold. It BARELY fits, the stock PRB manifold fit much much better. Im running a sheepey built tucked radiator. I got a skunk2 alpha k swap header, it will be here saturday, I will report on clearance, fingers crossed. The upper radiator support isnt structural, it would make life much easier to cut it, but i dont have the heart. For the clutch im probably going with hasport conversion..but what id really like to do is convert the pedal assembly. Heres a video / walkaround you can see the radiator, intake manifold and axle angle.

https://www.youtube....h?v=s36fzGhkyPg

CSPCRX

That’s awesome! Tell me more about that brake kit! Did you get it from fast brakes? I’m on the civic 10 in right now and feel with the extra speed I’m going to need to go to the 11s. 

im going to run the stock RBB manifold since I’m after more mid range power from my k24. Hopefully that has even more clearance but it does have that extra section so it might be the same or worse as the K24a will sit up a little more.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily