• You cannot reply to this topic
179 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage

EDIT 7/28/2008

I was postponing taking preorders until we verify fitment, but that is sort of a formality at this point. I am sending this spoiler to Scott so he can test fit it for us just to make sure it is cool, but we are more than confident fitment is 100%. Quality is IMPRESSIVE. Not many people would put this much work into the part so we are REALLY lucky here. Check out these pics of the production-ready part.

From the back. Near perfect mugen rep with a little edge to it. We have given it our own style to make it a true Medieval-Pro wing rather than a straight Mugen Rep.

Curvature will fit the car perfect.

Backside of the wing looks as good as the front. Fully enclosed design for strength. Threaded holes in factory USDM Si wing spoiler spots for easy solid bolt up.

Pricing:

Carbon Fiber: $300, !!!$270 for 2 or more!!!

Fiberglass: $215 !!!$200 for 2 or more!!!

Shipping domestic: $20 EACH

Shipping International: $60 globally EACH

Ordering. Follow Link:
http://www.heeltoeau...-AS-c-2132.html
These are NOT in stock yet! We are shipping on a first come-first served basis. There is no advantage in waiting. No group buy. Open to anyone. Shipping starts in 3 weeks.

Marcus

Original post 1/08

Hey all, I spent all day yesterday with a mold maker getting a mold made of my rear wing. It will be referred to as the "Medieval-Pro Tailgate Spoiler."

Really, the wing is a copy of the Mugen wing with the emblem removed. As you all know (or should know) the Mugen wing for our cars is made of a flexible foam material and making a mold of it must be done while the wing is installed on a car. Since I have the wing on my car with good smooth paint, it was a good time to take action.

We made a two-piece mold of the wing while it was on my car, and will be reproducing it in fiberglass and carbon fiber soon. We are still working on pricing, but you should plan on:

Fiberglass: $225
Carbon Fiber: $315

These wings will be resin epoxy shells filled with foam to give them body. The faces will mount to the hatch with double sided 3M VHB tape. Some of you have mentioned a preference against this mounting type, but we feel it is the best possible mounting method. Instructions will be provided to demonstrate proper installation with this tape. Tape will be provided with the wing.

The wings are being made such that slight sanding will be required for best possible fit. The wing from which the mold was taken fits well, but due to the change in material from foam to resin epoxy a greater tolerance between the sides of the wing and the body of the car (this will make more sense later).

You are welcome to send payments now, but I am holding production until a good sample is produced. For now, the mold is made, we are about 1/3 of the way from shipping orders.

Marcus

EDIT 6/22/08

Went and took some pics of the work in progress:

Has taken the shap well and fits the hatch perfectly.

Gaps are very tight. Final shaping needs to take place to make the mold.

The shape for the Mugen wing is there for sure, but we have made slight alterations to make the wing our own, example removing the emblem.

The back will be fully boxed in and have threaded inserts for using the stock Si wing mounting holes. Those without wings now will get a template for drilling.

Edit 7/11/08

Ok, we are almost about ready to start taking some pre-orders. We want to get the completed sample and mold in about 1 week, and part shsould be shipping in about 1 month IF we get some decent pre-orders going. I think I only need about 5 people to get moving fast. I am going to make an announcement when I start collecting money! Looks for the announcement in the next 1-2 weeks.

Marcus

1994rm250

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 crx si ZC
    Garage View Garage
how much for a mold ?
I say "Just Do It". Fcuk the "Just Buy It" philosophy. Let the rich primdonnas spend their money. I'll take ugly but badass backyard vehicle anyday.

AIM- rolloutperf

Vicious

Thanx once again for all your hard work Marcus i'm with out a doubt a buyer of these when you get a prototype made ok. once i see a pic of the prototype i'll send cash ok.

P.S. any chance of using the same guy to bring back teh hoods?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sweeet! if only we could get one for the civic too. hahahaa. congrats on making another great CRX part.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1994rm250 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much for a mold ?

You mean, you want to buy a mold?

Well, I suppose we all have a price. But trust me, you won't want to pay for what I'd want.

Marcus

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Dec 17 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanx once again for all your hard work Marcus i'm with out a doubt a buyer of these when you get a prototype made ok. once i see a pic of the prototype i'll send cash ok.

P.S. any chance of using the same guy to bring back teh hoods?

Yes, there is a possibility of making the hoods with this guy as well.

85SiHybrid

Put me on the list for the CF version!!

Once production starts payment will be sent!!

Great news, woohoo.

Cj
user posted image

DEIVIONCRX

• Demon Of All Trades
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 88 Civic DX, 90 CRX DX, 80 Trans Am, 10 Fit Sport
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
In for a 3g OEM Copy, ill love you forever.
Posted Image

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sounds vary promissing, I have a upper rear window spoiler I would gladly let you use for molding but it has a small crack(not sure if that would hurt).
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Put me on the list for CF.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Marcus, FWIW, the Kakabox 'needs' a 3g, ZC, CF hood...mentioned it to me just the other day! wink.gif

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Dec 17 2007, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sweeet! if only we could get one for the civic too. hahahaa. congrats on making another great CRX part.

+1
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

JU5TIN

• trying to get back in the car
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
pictures of the 1st product?

oh man this sounds great

Justin

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
QUOTE (DEIVIONCRX @ Dec 18 2007, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In for a 3g OEM Copy, ill love you forever.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx222222222222222222222222222222222222222222
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
uh. guys. i don't think he's going to be able to make one for a hatch so stop askin. don't mess up the thread for the crx guys.. JEESE.. ph34r.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(