C8v6c: Ls Vtec Turbo (best E/t : 10.7@132mph!)

• You cannot reply to this topic
505 replies to this topic

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I suppose so- so without an 02 sensor, all of the a/f and processing is based mainly on the MAP sensor, rpm, crank/cam angle, and tps? or does it use all of that? well yeah it'd be better for the environment but.... I'll stop polluting when the sick bastards at the big ass polluting plants stop... besides If I find an 84 civic/crx or 84 crx/civic, this year is the last year for emissions testing in texas smile.gif .....I have been looking
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

C8V6C

^Good way to think of it tongue.gif

You still use a map / tps and it has a crank angle sensor for the SDS....just no o2 sensors for emissions. No other emissions parts are necessary. The dizzy is replaced with coilpacks.

You plug a computer cable and the tuning box directly into the "SDS ecu" kinda like hondata with a laptop.

Again, its designed for people that don't want to run everything for a car to work like a regular car.

I wouldnt recommend it if you need your windshield wipers, heater, etc unless you plan on wiring it up. It would take quite a bit of work.

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

C8V6C

By the way, a big part of me running this system was the fact that my wiring harness was hacked up a long time ago when I first got it....it was never perfect for me.

I figured this setup gave me a fresh start, and cleaned up all the wiring that was unnecessary for my setup

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
not a bad idea for a carb'd guy to go with a standalone then?

C8V6C

I wouldnt be able to say....I am not too familiar with carbs. But again, if you don't need everything wired up, go for it. Otherwise Id go with hondata

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
when I do go turbo, I plan on using chrome.. til then it'll be a stock p75 most likely
my plan on getting there is an odd one though. (obd2b civic engine harness w/jumper to obd1- to avoid having to do much of anything to the stock carb'd harness)

C8V6C

What ever is easier for you to get there....that just sounds real difficult trying to convert another harness though. I am use to working off the stock one, and changing what you need.

Or like we did with this setup, bypass everything I didnt care for....and wired everything from scratch

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
in theory it is much easier since there is NO repining, only connecting the charge harness and the gauges/vss/idiot lights

C8V6C

I went to the track last night and was going to run a total of 4 times.

The first run :

First time EVER running on low boost setting. I babied 1st and 2nd....shifted slower than I should have, but wanted to test the waters and feel the horsepower difference....11.2@131. Just asking to break 10s right?

Then the car turns off after I get the timeslip....pull over, mess with a few things, everything looks great. Lets line up again.

The second run :

The car does a sudden stall towards the end of the track in 3rd gear, I get scared and back off.....car wont rev past 3k rpm.

Mess with a few things, seems like everything is fine.

The third run :

After the burnout, car wont rev past 3k rpm. Finally give up and break down what went wrong. Find that one wire from the TPS came out....fixed it, and lined up again.

The last run :

Everything goes great except......I forget to turn the boost controller on! I was running off of low boost! 11.8@118

Cliffnotes:

Run the car once, just testing the waters.....11.2@131mph

Car started acting up, found out it was the TPS wire....

Ran the car once more, but forgot to turn the boost controller on....11.8@118mph

Next track open should be in two weeks.....I definetly need practice....its been like a year since I raced!

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
ohnoez! sounds like the track was busy since you only got 3 runs
I think you'll get pretty into the 10's situation permitting... damn blink.gif that is really fast

C8V6C

Just need the practice.....I haven't raced at the track and on slicks for about a year. I only got one decent run, and I babied it.

Almost everyone with that mph trap is clocking in mid to low 10s....and thats without me pushing on it. I think I can squeeze another 3-5mph out of the trap by quicker shifting and more throttle control

C8V6C

I think the next track open is 4.4.08. Hopefully with the practice, I can get some solid 10's tongue.gif

Maine_Honda_Racer

• Can't stay off the race track!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1993 Civic EX Track Car, 1987 Crx Si Ice Racer, 1990 CRX Si Track Car, 2004 Dodge Durango
Do we know what the HP/Weight ratio is on that car? Just curious since I have a project in mind and am getting curious......

Ben

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, I rock out an RPR decal!

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
DAMN SON thats a CLEAN azz white 3G civic son.......where u get it jk bro ROCKIN THE 702

C8V6C

QUOTE (Maine_Honda_Racer @ Mar 28 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do we know what the HP/Weight ratio is on that car? Just curious since I have a project in mind and am getting curious......

I never weighed it. Stock they are what....1950? Plus the weight of the b series and the turbo stuff. I really did no weight redux...so if I was guessing...2100-2200lbs? Plus the driver...

The hp is 464hp and 341tq