Turbo Ew

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

panda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX SI
just broke some stuff on my crx so cant afford the zc any more, so i decided to turbo my ew, what manifold woeks, or do i use my original one? i will be using a t2 turbo, pushing about 10-12 psi would that be ok on the ew since it has low compression anyways?

NiMi1718

do a search but you need an hf manifold from either a 3rd gen civic or first gen crx and 8psi is as high as you need to go as i recall on stock internals,for the manifold you have to make an adpter though to fit the turbo

Edited by NiMi1718, 02 February 2005 - 08:40 PM.

user posted image
SportInjectedClub
user posted image

rextec

• coming along.......
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 crx si, 98 civic dx hb
    • Image Gallery
do a search but you need an hf manifold from either a 3rd gen civic or first gen crx and 8psi is as high as you need to go as i recall on stock internals,for the manifold you have to make an adpter though to fit the turbo

psi should be relative to the size of the turbo you are using. dont worry about how much you are boosting just as long as you keep hp levels below 220whp (on a really good tune!!) anywhere past that hp and youre just asking to break things in your stock bottom end.. your stock map will be the limiting factor since it only reads 10-11psi.

Edited by rextec, 02 February 2005 - 09:34 PM.

ELITEX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si
Does anyone have any wright ups on how to make the adapter plate for the turbo

sdubfid

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Wagovan
get a gasket for your tubro and trace the pattern onto some steel then drill it out.

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
if you have the si you will have to get either a dx or a hf manifold. to make an adapter you get a 3/4 or 1 inch plate, trace the manifold gasket out and cut it out and drill the holes and counter sink the holes, than copy the turbo gasket on the other side and counter sink the holes. that way the bolt heads are flush. but you dont want your bolt holes near the gasket or you may leak exhuast.

Sean

panda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX SI
what gen manifold, third or fourth gen?

any one know how to hook up the water lines and oil lines?
what do i need to do the lines?
and where on the oil pan do i put the drain line?

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
4th gen has the newer d series, it would require the 84-87 civic or crx carbed manifold.

You hook the oil feed to a tee on the oil pressure line and the oil return you have to drill a hole in the oil pan, as far up on the pan as possible. that way it wont be restricted because of the oil levle is above the return

The water lines you have to hook up to the t/b coolant lines, you dont really need them on the t/b unless it gets real cold

Sean

CRXdan

1/2" is more than adequate. anything bigger and you may run itnto problems such as the turbo sitting too low, affecting the oil drains function.

Edited by CRXdan, 05 February 2005 - 09:54 PM.

90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo