Drifting/drags Decline. Racing Around Corners Grows.

• You cannot reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Racing Preferences

Do you like to turns and traction?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Nov 3 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The average moron is vastly impressed by tire smoke and lateral acceleration. It is not just the stupid movies that glorify this waste of tire rubber, TV shows like Top Gear turn off the traction control on test cars just so that they can throw them sideways in great billowing clouds of tire smoke for the camera. But you notice that The Stig keeps the traction control on when he does a lap for time.

Scott

There are average morons everywhere then.. Even in your choice of motorsports there are POSERS everywhere.. For example:

You get the morons who takes a driving course and learns the basics, pays the small fee to be an SCCA member. Studies the sport through the internet or books.. They go to the track and only race test and tunes and practices because they are outclassed and know it and do not want a classification to their name as a LOSER (because it was just a practice) not a real race. They put all kinds of useless "I'm a real racer, look at me my car LOOKS fast" gimmicks on their very uncompetitive car, Places LAST, or damn near last, in every event they happened to enter with more than 3 people in their class .Only to be beaten by 10-15 seconds on a 1 minute course, Then crying abut how its not fair cause Miata's beat them.

Furthermore they hop on Car forums and act like they are the unbeaten SCCA/AX SOLOII defending world champion of the decade and everything they have on their car, you should put on yours..nothing less. They emphasize to Listen to their every word on racing because they are the the best, because they subliminally promote themselves as a champion online.. Even though in the real world they have never won a race, podium finished, even remotely sniffed the perfume of the trophy girls.They probably have only entered in 1-2 REAL competitions and placed dead last in them...It is the internet and we all must live our fantasies through it. I mean we all care who we impress on the internet.. Right?? Wrong..

^^NOW that guy it would suck to have around your kind of motorsports.. Hell any in fact..

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 3 2008, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then they hop on Car forums and act like they are the unbeaten SCCA/AX defending world champion of the decade and everything they have on their car, you should put on yours..nothing less.

you need to go ls, don't waste your time with a stupid d series laugh.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Grip, grip, and more grip!

Nothing like a set of seriously sticky tires and a tight mountain pass to really make you feel like you're driving.

Anybody can mash the pedal and row through the gears, but it takes a better breed to balance the car through an apex and heel-toe (which I can't do, btw)

If it wasn't so damned expensive to road race i'm sure more people would, and sadly drag and the ever-so-illegal street drag is the simplest form, cheapest, and easiest form of racing. I like a good matched drag race, but even still hitting the top end at 16 seconds is pretty anti-climactic. If I had about a hundred more horses it might get more exciting, but like any form of racing, unless you're in a prepped car, you're nowhere near the full experience.

I'll take free-driving through the canyon in the middle of the night with no traffic over racing any day.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Rampage @ Nov 3 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it wasn't so damned expensive to road race i'm sure more people would

Another mis-conception! All you need is a car that is not leaking (a lot) of major fluids and an approved helmet to get into an Open Track or AutoX event. You want to be competitive? There is a class for noobs and stock cars.

AutoX is all second gear, speeds are kept low, and there is nothing to hit except a traffic cone. Entrance fee is about the same as a big date of dinner and a movie.

There is NO REASON to not get to a track and learn how much you do not know about driving.

Scott

Posted Image

Form Follows Function

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Nov 3 2008, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is NO REASON to not get to a track and learn how much you do not know about driving.

Scott

laugh.gif
So true Scott, so true!

kablammyman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Integra
    Garage View Garage
I've only competed in SCCA atuoX. I plan to drag race since my car may auctually make a decent time!

I am shying away from autoX becasue of all the rules and the low run per $$ ratio.

If I could afford it, I would road race all day long. Its been one of those dreams that I havent accomplished...yet.
87 turbo integra, self tuned on TE

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I've never competed in any form of racing...yet.

Being a DSM guy, the straight line will always be my favorite...1000HP AWD launches are intoxicating. But owning a 3G makes those turns much more appealing.

IMO, the dorifto craze has come and gone. I've personally attended several drifting events, but I just don't care for it. The driving skill required is incredible, but the way the events are scored is confusing at best.

DSMTimeline.jpg

CSPCRX

I have 3 sets of tires for REX.
13s Hoosiers for autox
15s Track days and time attack (also drive these on the street)
14s MT for the strip
So i do all three but the turns are for me.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Starvin

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si. 05 Dodge SRT4, 96 Triumph Daytona 1200
actually i am more looking forward to trying my hand at rally type racing more than anything (which was not an option..) and if i had the chance this
climb dance is what i would do if given the chance smile.gif