Devac In Cali ?

• You cannot reply to this topic
19 replies to this topic

Daz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 CRX HF
Can I Devac my carb and past smog here in Cali ? Where do I find the plugs ?
86' CRX HF(daily driver)
67' Camaro RS/SS(project)

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
not a snow balls chance to pass emmisions the plugs you buy at any auto store

DarkHand

Impossible to pass a legal smog check with a devac in California, I'm afraid.
DarkHand

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Once they pop the hood and see no vacuum hoses, they will tell you GO HOME.. Immediate visual fail..

Daz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Alright ! Thanks guys !
86' CRX HF(daily driver)

Ghost-One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Aug 25 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once they pop the hood and see no vacuum hoses, they will tell you GO HOME.. Immediate visual fail..

only if they are ethical most will run the test tell you failed charge you 50 bones than tell you to go home

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
An easy way to get around this is go fuel injection...

86 crx

aquarius

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 85 honda crx
or live in a state that doesnt require it XD haha gotta love mississippi as long as you have four tires and a "muffler" they dont care about much else haha

Daz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I decided to go thru the grueling process of replacing all the vacuum hoses ! Dammitt mad.gif !
86' CRX HF(daily driver)

Ghost-One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
hec i have done that it sucks

rwdcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx dx (in a re-build phase); 02 Cadillac Escalade (gas hog) ; 03 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
QUOTE (Daz @ Aug 27 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I decided to go thru the grueling process of replacing all the vacuum hoses ! Dammitt mad.gif !

I have several shots of my vacuum lines before I ripped them out, should I need a "map" to put them back.

I'll post them if you need. wink.gif

Edit: Oooops I just saw you have an HF mine is/was a DX sorry. I'll post it still if you want. If it will help.

Edited by rwdcrx, 27 August 2008 - 11:30 PM.

"Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers"

Freedom has a taste, a sweetness, that only those that have fought for it, know.

Daz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I'm doing it one by one sizing and cutting and then replacing ! It sucks but if it helps me pass smog then it'll be worth it ! I'm also looking to get a si exhaust manifold cause it doesn't have the cat. converter on it so I can put my aftermarket one on. Does this sound like a good idea ?
86' CRX HF(daily driver)

kablammyman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Integra
    Garage View Garage
dont go to a snooty smog shop!

A smaller, mom and pop shop will test you no matter what they see. However, they cant just pass you, your car needs to pass on its own.
87 turbo integra, self tuned on TE

itjstagame

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: '87 CRX DX, '84 Audi 4000S Quattro Turbo, '88 Kawasaki Ninja 600R, '94 Chevy K1500 ExtLong
QUOTE (rwdcrx @ Aug 27 2008, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have several shots of my vacuum lines before I ripped them out, should I need a "map" to put them back.

I'll post them if you need. wink.gif

Edit: Oooops I just saw you have an HF mine is/was a DX sorry. I'll post it still if you want. If it will help.

RWDcrx, I'd be very interested in such a picture. Mine's a DX and I got it looking like this:
Actually that doens't look too bad because I have the head and intake manifold there, those are off now. But I have no idea what tubes go where or where the vaccuum/block relay boxes go or anything. There are numbers on each tube which I'm hoping match up to the numbers on all the other tubes, but who knows.

I've thought about devacing, but really want max economy and if I can more easily throw the vacs back on and at least verify it's running that way first I think that'd be good.

Daz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I PASSED biggrin.gif ! I only replaced most of the front vacuum hoses and none of the one's coming out of the rear of the carb, the car ran slightly better but I didn't think good enough to pass. I started out with just a pre-test($35) so I'd know where I needed to work and to have something to give to the DMV so I can get another temp registration. The car passed the pretest and only failed the fuel cap test so I purchased one from the smog guy($18 huh.gif )and went ahead with the official smog test($41+8.25 for cert) and passed. I'm so happy rolleyes.gif !

Edited by Daz, 03 September 2008 - 05:10 PM.

86' CRX HF(daily driver)