Just Bought A 86 Crx Now What?

• You cannot reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: crx first gen
So i bought this 86 crx off a friend for 300 the only thing wrong with it is the cv joints went and it needs replacing parts are 300 and have a friend that will do it for a case of beer and 50 bucks..... also did i mention it only has 95k miles on it.....

soo anyways i really want this as a project car thats on the budget.... i really want the go/show/and bump lol..... ive been looking around the internet and whatnot for parts and have seen this car doesnt have a great aftermarket for this year so im kinda looking for pointing fingers to get me in the right deriction..... so ill compile a list of and name off stuff i thought of....

well the first thing after i get the cv joints done and fix the little things im going to work on the suspension since its about shot... was thinking about the tenkio iluminias strut kit with some ebaich springs (thats easy to find) than i will throw a sway and mabye a caliper kit if i can find it thats calling the suspension done and with it as low as i would really wanna take it....

for breaks im just upgrading the pads and rotors and break lines easy call it a day

now next i need to focus on the all so cruscial engine... mine has the little 90hp engine in it (great on gas) dont think it will be all that great to haul [booya].... so i really want to ethier upgrade that engine with so aftermarket parts or somthing or get rid of the carb system engine all together and swap in somthing a bit more power and aftermarkt... my friend siad he had a b16 thats been in the garage for a year he would sell it to me for 100.... but i dont know if thats a great choice and how easy the swap would be som im woundering whats the easiest most power effective engine to swap into the crx 86 im not looking to spend all that much and helped swap in my old 240sx sr20det in but im not that great at engine work myself so ease of swap would be awsome.... so give me some pointers or tips.... just so you all know i want the car for more driving around and mabye a bit of auto x not much drag racing so doesnt need to be all that powerful but i would like to see the 13's....... so any tips in this department would be awasome because i have no clue what to do.....

exsaust i will just throw one on ther that i order

now for the interoir... i will propley just rip the whole interior out and replace the carpet.. fix any crack in the dask or other panels with bondo and sand it over than i will spay it all black and pink..... would like to instal a decent budger system for the audio.... also will get racing seats later down the line.... mabye add a sunroof.... also if i need to will install a roll cage for more tightness of the car and my safter.... if you have any suggestions interior wise for that please help out....

now for exstrior i have to fix some dings and dent but also the stock body kit is cracked so i want to get a new bodykit.... dont really want anything to flashy i just want simple and clean and the paint job to flow and give it a bit more of a modern look (really dont like the trim that goes around the car).... so i dont know where to get body kits looked online only found really 2 for the 86 model so if you know where some more kits are that are great looking that look clean and not ricerish please post a link..... going to paint it black and have the rims pink and find a nice pink decal ...than i will tint the car add some nice rims and tires and walla care looks great..

so really i need to redo alot of the car and im looking to do it under 2-3 hopefully maby a litt more

so any links or tips for me would be great...

thank so much
josh

JUST ANY TIPS WOULD BE SUPER

hondasb3

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1984 honda civic 1500 hb, Nissan cefiro A32
QUOTE (joshcereal @ Aug 23 2008, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So i bought this 86 crx off a friend for 300 the only thing wrong with it is the cv joints went and it needs replacing parts are 300 and have a friend that will do it for a case of beer and 50 bucks..... also did i mention it only has 95k miles on it.....

soo anyways i really want this as a project car thats on the budget.... i really want the go/show/and bump lol..... ive been looking around the internet and whatnot for parts and have seen this car doesnt have a great aftermarket for this year so im kinda looking for pointing fingers to get me in the right deriction..... so ill compile a list of and name off stuff i thought of....

well the first thing after i get the cv joints done and fix the little things im going to work on the suspension since its about shot... was thinking about the tenkio iluminias strut kit with some ebaich springs (thats easy to find) than i will throw a sway and mabye a caliper kit if i can find it thats calling the suspension done and with it as low as i would really wanna take it....

for breaks im just upgrading the pads and rotors and break lines easy call it a day

now next i need to focus on the all so cruscial engine... mine has the little 90hp engine in it (great on gas) dont think it will be all that great to haul [booya].... so i really want to ethier upgrade that engine with so aftermarket parts or somthing or get rid of the carb system engine all together and swap in somthing a bit more power and aftermarkt... my friend siad he had a b16 thats been in the garage for a year he would sell it to me for 100.... but i dont know if thats a great choice and how easy the swap would be som im woundering whats the easiest most power effective engine to swap into the crx 86 im not looking to spend all that much and helped swap in my old 240sx sr20det in but im not that great at engine work myself so ease of swap would be awsome.... so give me some pointers or tips.... just so you all know i want the car for more driving around and mabye a bit of auto x not much drag racing so doesnt need to be all that powerful but i would like to see the 13's....... so any tips in this department would be awasome because i have no clue what to do.....

exsaust i will just throw one on ther that i order

now for the interoir... i will propley just rip the whole interior out and replace the carpet.. fix any crack in the dask or other panels with bondo and sand it over than i will spay it all black and pink..... would like to instal a decent budger system for the audio.... also will get racing seats later down the line.... mabye add a sunroof.... also if i need to will install a roll cage for more tightness of the car and my safter.... if you have any suggestions interior wise for that please help out....

now for exstrior i have to fix some dings and dent but also the stock body kit is cracked so i want to get a new bodykit.... dont really want anything to flashy i just want simple and clean and the paint job to flow and give it a bit more of a modern look (really dont like the trim that goes around the car).... so i dont know where to get body kits looked online only found really 2 for the 86 model so if you know where some more kits are that are great looking that look clean and not ricerish please post a link..... going to paint it black and have the rims pink and find a nice pink decal ...than i will tint the car add some nice rims and tires and walla care looks great..

so really i need to redo alot of the car and im looking to do it under 2-3 hopefully maby a litt more

so any links or tips for me would be great...

thank so much
josh

JUST ANY TIPS WOULD BE SUPER
Dirt cheap for a rex man.

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (hondasb3 @ Aug 23 2008, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dirt cheap for a rex man.

ya i was pretty stoaked about the price myself..... really wanna get her fixed up and make her a looker and have some oommpf...

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Find a running 1st gen integra 86-89 take motor, transmission, wiring harness, axles, and put in your car for ummmpfhhh.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

kablammyman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Integra
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (badpenny @ Aug 23 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Find a running 1st gen integra 86-89 take motor, transmission, wiring harness, axles, and put in your car for ummmpfhhh.

+1

lets not forget g1teg brakes.

oh yeah, boost it. ph34r.gif
87 turbo integra, self tuned on TE

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
D16Z6 + rods, pistons, and a holset @ 20 lbs.

86 crx

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
Im not the greatest mecahnic here so i need to pick the simpleist swap out.... or if its possible to actuley make the carp engine fast go off that (the car has 90k on it)...... also im looking at that duraflex body kit anybodody have any news about that

Vicious

the teg swap isn't too hard. take a weekend off and have at it. oh and the only body kit worth putting on is probably the mugen kit. all the other kits don't work well with the lines of the crx. the mugen replica kit jamie houseman makes however is pricey but looks oh so good.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
well i like that kit but know its like 2000 deffently not in my low budget for the car...... the body kit i posted above i thought looked clean and simple and i did se a white with carbon fiber hood crx 86 have one here http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2278318 thats the cardomain for the car i saw.... now i dont want the same color scheme i would actuley like to go with just a simple black paint job with black rims that have chrome lips and dark tint.... but the body kit isnt my big concern i wanna just get the stock engine running good than do the suspension and interior first.... also if anybody in the arizona area has a 1g integra they wanna get rid of for cheap hook me up lol

Vicious

if i remember correctly that's crxls' car i MIGHT be wrong though. from what i remember him posting, the kit didn't fit very well and took quite a while to look decent. still not perfect so unless you're going to do the bodywork yourself, having the kit fitted might cost you more than the kit shipped

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
ya i would be fitting the kit myself with my stepdads help he used to do fiberglass work so he is kinda good at this sorta thing......

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
also where do i get that carbon fiber 1 piece hood???

Vicious

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=38410

Marcus rocks

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

joshcereal

• Granny
  • Pip
sweet thanks..... also whats the greatest diamater wheel you can put under ther.... plus where would i get a short shifter???

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
205/50/15s look beautiful under there. But there are people running 195/45/17s like me, and a few others. It makes them look like RC cars. You can use a short shifter from a 1stgen integra, or build your own. Use the search, there are a lot of people that have them, kakabox sells one type that he makes.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.