• You cannot reply to this topic
69 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
well im sure some of you know the car. this is my ex's (Sindrlla) car that has a decent amount of work already put into it and i got stuck with the car when she left. i dont care much for the car but i cant see it going to waste with it's pretty solid body and the amount of work that has gone into it already so my plan is to take the car and do it up my way.

a few weeks ago i bought a 88-89 D16A1 thats got a blacktop ZC head and cams on it from Richter77, maybe he can chime in and tell us more about the engine. my plan as of now is to do the electronic advance fuel injection swap with this blacktop starting today and hoping to have it finished by the end of the week. after that the whole car will be getting a makeover which will include a satin black paintjob with clear coat and windows so dark that nobody will be able to know it's me driving this ugly thing. to my knowledge there is only one other running AWD D16A1 wagon in existance (Davens???) but it is carb'd and there is KingD in Philly which isnt far from me who is also in the works of putting together a carb'd AWD D16A1 wagon then there is Big Orange who has a running 2 wheel drive FI swapped SI wagon so this should be the only FI D16A1 AWD wagon in existance as far as i know. as for what the car will be used for.... well, i just plan to beat the shit out of it till it's ultimate death, possibly a lot of off roading and air time. i think it will be a great mix of a love/hate relationship.

anyway, here is how it looks under the hood as of right now. this garbage will be gone by the end of the day.

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

P-Tail

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx si, 86 crx dx (deceased)
Watching this closely ph34r.gif

Richter77

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si 1990 civic si
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (P-Tail @ Jun 28 2008, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watching this closely ph34r.gif

As am I, I bought the engine in 98 w/ 140,000 on it and rebuilt it. Sprayed it with a 50 and 75 shot for 4 1/2 years, then put a DIY turbo kit on it (7lbs o'boost). In 2006, swaped on the 2nd gen ZC head (3-angle valve job, shaved .005). All the while I drove the car to Philly and back every day (112,000m in 10 years). Best time at Atco raceway 14.3 @ 99mph. Very curious how that engine N/A will pull that big ol' wagon around. The guy who built the engine died last year, and the CR-X the engine called home the past ten years rusted to a pile of dust. This seems like a very fitting end to the twin cam, I tried but could never hurt it. Don't hold back Rodney, let's see some air! -Bill.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
smile.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

King D

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '98 ITR, 86 4x4 wagovan, '70 mini - project vehicle
QUOTE (crxls @ Jun 28 2008, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as for what the car will be used for.... well, i just plan to beat the shit out of it till it's ultimate death, possibly a lot of off roading and air time.

Hell yes! I have similar plans for mine... smile.gif
user posted image
Wagovan-Clan Member

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
whatcha gonna do with that ragged EW?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well, just as promised. the carb'd 1.5 garbage is out biggrin.gif i have always hated D motors but hopefully i will like the twin cam a little better because there's no turning back now... unless i find a decently priced 5 speed AWD crv transmission overnight, then i'll throw this ls block and B17 GSR head together unsure.gif

i can not believe how heavy the rear driveshaft and viscous coupler are. i bet the whole assembly together weighs well over 100 pounds. i just might have to do something about this in the future.

anyway, i know we all love pics so here's todays progress

When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 28 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whatcha gonna do with that ragged EW?

the D15 block is already spoken for. im guessing something to do with using a D15 engine and integra transmission together...

i think someone else is wanting the carb

everything else is up for grabs or getting tossed so if you need something just let me know

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Did you get the whole D16 donor car or just the engine and trans?

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Screech @ Jun 29 2008, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you get the whole D16 donor car or just the engine and trans?

just the engine, all accesories on the engine and engine wiring harness but this definitely shouldnt be a problem for me after piecing together the whole OBD1 B18B1 swap on the crx. using the current 6 speed AWD transmission so i can keep AWD which i plan to put to really good use and is pretty much the only reason i decided to finish this car instead of send it off to scrap and collect my $300 in weight value. the car came with a complete SI hatch wiring harness when we bought it. im still going to need to get an ECU, fuel pump, integra gauge cluster (Big Orange says it fits right in the wagon dash) and possibly a different AC compressor since i havnt checked to see if the original will bolt up to the D16A1 block.

if any of you guys have the needed parts that i listed, let me know.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I figured you were using the Civic tranny already, no point other wise. I have an 87 cluster floating around this house somewhere. Only D16 ECU I have is for the brown top though.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
well i didnt mysteriously come across a cheap manual AWD crv transmission overnight so we settled for the blacktop. everything went very smoothly. had to trim one integra bracket for the intake manifold support bracket. i pretty much just cut all the bracket for the transmission off and only used the spacer part for the intake manifold bracing then on the rear mount bracket i had to trim off the very top hole on the civic bracket since the integra engine only accepts 3 bolts for rear bracket where the AWD engine used 4. the 4th one at very top got cut off. also, the civic's AC bracket fit right onto the D16A1 block so i can keep the original civic AC compressor.

i know the pic's suck but my phone is the only camera i have at the moment

this is how high the front sat with no engine in it

and this is what the one and only fuel injected D16A1 AWD civic in existance looks like at the moment

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
You suck. I wanted that carb.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
don't worry, that carb has AIDS like everything else up there
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (zakats @ Jun 30 2008, 01:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't worry, that carb has AIDS like everything else up there

ohmy.gif

i think RFL wants the carb but if he changes his mind i will hook you up Jason.

no progress today. between working 10-14 hours a day, cars and women i really need a break so im not working on it tonight. next move is to get ahold of wilq and see if he has the SI to blacktop wiring in the infamous honda bible to save me some headache. then it's throwing harnesses in and enjoying. i really hope to have it finished before the lilbuddy meet so my brother (sleeperbeauty) can drive it up there but that meet is approaching really fast.