B CLARK's Content

There have been 17 items by B CLARK (Search limited from 30-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#130535 Koni Shocks

Posted by B CLARK on 24 November 2004 - 06:48 PM in FS

I will take a set of fronts if we can hold off payment until around jan 1.

#123562 Brake Booster Elimination

Posted by B CLARK on 02 November 2004 - 12:38 PM in Competition

There is a math formula used to determine proper master cyl size. You need to know the diameter and number of pistons in each caliper. From that you can get to the 1st guess on master cly size.
It is pretty darn close doing it this way. The best method is to use the mentioned Tilton pedal assembly. Hope this helps.

Bob

#121580 Scca Moves 1st Gens

Posted by B CLARK on 26 October 2004 - 04:37 PM in Competition

Dec issue of SCCA's fastrack is out and it looks like the 84-87 CRX Si's(should be 85-87) and 86-87 Civic Si's are going to ITB with a weight of 2130lbs. Accord LXI is getting moved back to ITB. This is all pending BOD approval of course.
This is good news for us 1st gen racers as this should bring out some more cars. biggrin.gif A lot of guys quit running them in SCCA as they were very uncompititive in ITA.

Bob

#121505 Where Can I Get 18 Mm Roller Or Ball Bearings

Posted by B CLARK on 26 October 2004 - 10:37 AM in General Posts

We carry Nadella bearings in different sizes. We do list a 18mm but, like the other posts said:more info is needed.

#112840 Scca Race At Bhf 10/9-10/04

Posted by B CLARK on 30 September 2004 - 09:44 AM in Competition

Who's all coming to the SCCA regional race at Black Hawk Farms on 10/9-10/04?
The BILLY/BOB Race team will be there with two 86 CRX Si ITA cars. Greg Gauper are, you coming?
Stop by and say hi if you are there.We park out by turn 5, you cannot miss us.
We have 3-4 big canopys set up so if you need something stop by.

Bob

#110054 Midwest People!

Posted by B CLARK on 17 September 2004 - 11:03 AM in Midwest

Well, i'll chime in here.
Glendale, WI suburb of Milwaukee. My car is a 86 CRX Si ex-Firestone Firehawk Endurance Racing Championship car with Jim Dentici driving. Now it is an SCCA ITA car.

Bob

#102181 Pads/rotors

Posted by B CLARK on 18 August 2004 - 12:41 PM in 1G CRX

I will not use Beck/Arnley(sp??) rotors again! They heat checked and were grooved after 1 session. Brembos never had this problem even when i bedded new pads and rotors together. The Raybestos ST43 compound is great once it is bedded in. I could go deeper on braking than ever before at certain corners.
The pedal feel was good and pedal height never went away. It was always near the top even after 12 laps at Road America.

Bob

#102158 Lifting Rear Wheel Of Ground

Posted by B CLARK on 18 August 2004 - 11:48 AM in General Posts

Greg,
Yes i'm running 195-55-14. I have not had time to plug in the numbers but, i trust you did and thats what you came up with. Sounds like i need to try it both ways at turn 1. I'm not racing until oct so i have time to sort it out. ALMS this weekend?
I'll be there on sun with Jim Dentici to pick up my ATV and watch the World Challenge race and the start of the ALMS race and then i'm off to home.

Bob

#101839 Lifting Rear Wheel Of Ground

Posted by B CLARK on 17 August 2004 - 11:24 AM in General Posts

Tom,
Thanks for the help on the avatar. It looks great!
Greg, thanks for the spread sheet. I'll plug in the numbers and see where we are.

Bob

#101605 Lifting Rear Wheel Of Ground

Posted by B CLARK on 16 August 2004 - 01:01 PM in General Posts

I would do a avatar if i knew how. I was seeing about 6200 rpm on the exit at one in third gear. The car will still pull up to about 6700 rpm. I tried 4th gear at the Susie race and the car was a dog going into 3. Maybe i was not carrying enough speed through one at that race. I'll give it a try next time ( next year )
unless i run the NASA race at Road America. Shoot that spread sheet to my e-mail at home.
The kink on the first lap got my attention as i almost slid off the outside going through at full tilt. The car is so much better with the 29mm bars in it. I did not want to make a ton of changes at the track this weekend due to all the changes i made before the race. I did stiffen the rear sway bar up for sunday by 1" and it seemed to help. Bill & I are pretty much testing for next year. I'll let the cat of the bag for that one when it becomes official in two weeks.

Bob

#101582 Lifting Rear Wheel Of Ground

Posted by B CLARK on 16 August 2004 - 11:57 AM in General Posts

Greg,
Check your e-mail when you get home. I kind of gave you the short story of impound, race, etc.

Bob

#101555 Lifting Rear Wheel Of Ground

Posted by B CLARK on 16 August 2004 - 10:48 AM in General Posts

Hey Greg. Was my RR wheel off the ground coming out of turn 1 yesterday?
FYI the car was handling great and i'm glad i, made the changes i did. Let me know who had brembo rotors in stock. Those ones i have are shot.

Bob

#100007 Sorry If This Is A Stupid Question..

Posted by B CLARK on 10 August 2004 - 05:22 PM in 1G CRX

The only problem with a MUGEN lsd for these cars is you cannot purchase a rebuild kit for it when the clutch plates wear out. I'm told these kits are out of production.

#92719 Bushing Install

Posted by B CLARK on 13 July 2004 - 09:36 AM in 1G CRX

Greg,
They have them at the Harbor Freight store by the Airport!

Bob

#90012 Photos From The June Sprints

Posted by B CLARK on 01 July 2004 - 11:08 AM in Competition

Greg,
Gordon got some nice shots of the Fiatski on its victory lap. I'll have to tell Jim about them. Thanks for the exhaust! biggrin.gif

Bob

#88543 Who's 1g In The April Edition Of Piston Patter?

Posted by B CLARK on 25 June 2004 - 01:09 PM in 1G CRX

I have been lurking around this site for years. I just never registered.

Bob

#88532 Who's 1g In The April Edition Of Piston Patter?

Posted by B CLARK on 25 June 2004 - 12:49 PM in 1G CRX

That car is my friends SCCA ITA car. It is an 85si with an 86 front end on it. I have the same type car, 86 CRX Si that i also run in SCCA ITA. My car is an ex-firehawk car that has only aprox 40k miles on it . We both run together at the races and even paddock together at the track.
We will be at Road America this weekend for a SCCA double regional. biggrin.gif

Bob