Tamiya 1/10 Scale Mugen Crx

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

mallardtape

I might just have to pick one of these up when it comes out in the US. Mugen Honda Ballade Sports CRX. M-05 front wheel drive chassis. It will be a blast

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mallardtape @ Sep 15 2011, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I might just have to pick one of these up when it comes out in the US. Mugen Honda Ballade Sports CRX. M-05 front wheel drive chassis. It will be a blast

I am SOOOOOO Buying that!

EDIT: My contacts tell me this should be in North America by mid November!!! Just in time for Xmas!

Rob

Edited by RETROCRX, 15 September 2011 - 06:42 PM.

Must.....go......racing.......

black87crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 honda crx si
how much is that in american money and are those brushless motors and are they quick
was up my name is antonio I <3 MY HONDA!

Smokescreem

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 CRX SI ,2004 CRV EX, 1968 VW BUG, 1955 Porsche Speedster replica
    Garage View Garage
That does look really good.

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
Yep... I'll have to have this.

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Winning. biggrin.gif

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

mallardtape

Price is 12,800 Japanese Yen. That comes to 166.6558 USD. Price will change and I am guessing it will go up.

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
I'm gonna bet $180 to $200 when it hits the Canadian Market.

New release kits are always super expensive.

Rob

mallardtape

http://www.rpphobby...._p/tam58503.htm for 169.99. I still dont see a release date yet

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
i Totally want to buy another first Gen CRX and copy that Tamiya into an actual CRX.... is it possible to find those bumpers for a real sized 1st gen? who makes them and could i buy them?? makes me wanna buy a nice first gen and have a long term project. i REALLY REALLY like that Mugen CRX Pro, its sick.... since i clicked that link ^ ive been thinking about a CRX looking just like it.... I WANT.... dont think ill get tho ohmy.gif

Edited by bigboi407, 22 September 2011 - 07:32 PM.

1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

mallardtape

found ANOTHER one! abc hobby 1/10 scale crx

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mallardtape @ Sep 23 2011, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
found ANOTHER one! abc hobby 1/10 scale crx

I can't vouch for the ABC kit's quality....but it has been available for some time.

The ABC is 4wd while the Tamiya is FWD......depends on what you're looking for.

The Tamiya kit will be exceptionally high quality, I can assure you.

I've been looking into getting this......what I'm finding is it may be cheaper overall to buy a different M chassis car with a 225mm wheelbase and then buy the CRX body separately. Only thing you don't get that way is the cool Tamiya box art!

My only dilemma now is whether to get an FWD, RWD or 4WD mini chassis to put the CRX body on!

Rob

mallardtape

QUOTE (RETROCRX @ Sep 23 2011, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't vouch for the ABC kit's quality....but it has been available for some time.

The ABC is 4wd while the Tamiya is FWD......depends on what you're looking for.

The Tamiya kit will be exceptionally high quality, I can assure you.

I've been looking into getting this......what I'm finding is it may be cheaper overall to buy a different M chassis car with a 225mm wheelbase and then buy the CRX body separately. Only thing you don't get that way is the cool Tamiya box art!

My only dilemma now is whether to get an FWD, RWD or 4WD mini chassis to put the CRX body on!

Rob

Im not looking at buying the ABC one. its about the same price as the tamiya and i know the reputation that tamiya has.

I had the same idea as you with buying the mini and a seperate CRX body. it would come out cheeper that way.

AdrianC

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Black 1987 CRX Si (sold)
awesome R/C car....Tamiya never ceases to amaze me by coming out with all of these retro rides.

I've been collecting vintage Tamiya for years, and for the past handful of years they've re-released many of the popular RC cars of the 1980's...I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

But as RETOCRX mentioned above it would be a hard decision as to what chassis to choose....But I think I'd buy a FWD for authenticity tongue.gif

Here's another cool Tamiya piece I built almost 10 years ago of a Mugen CRX Pro in 1/24th scale..... don't let that size fool you as 1/24th scale for a Honda model car is super tiny lol.....Enjoy the pics..

'87 CRX Si, '12 Civic Si HFP edition, '12 Civic EX

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have the genetics kit and it is great .. although I have never driven it. Great build quality and details on the decals are second to none.. IMO better than any Tamiya Kit I have owned.. BAD THING.. It does not come with any electrics..

The mugen for the same price has the 540 and ESC included.. things that may run $100+ more if you do not have them handy..

The mugen kit will be in stock in November.