Thinking About Starting A Company To Make Custom 1g Crx Parts.

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
I didn't come into the industry talking big. I just let my hardwork speak for itself. Just like most the people that are doing great things for our old school community. It's not just a part time job for us its a way of life. Unless you can dedicate your whole life to the cause I wouldn't even bother. We live eat and breath this stuff. ;)

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

kaymo

• Mr.Ididntseeyousittingthereofficer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 74'vert Blazer, 84redrexHF (RIP), 87blackrexSI, 91STDhatch(resurrected for beater)(RIP again)
kudos for thinking big kid, but going from fixing up a couple old fords to building aftermarket parts for these older hondas to sell, not just for yourself, is quite a big leap. i have made a part to sell to other members, carb devac plates, and had less than 20 sales in the time ive been a member. the market is not very big, and anyone here will tell you that its a labor of love, not of profit. (at least not much anyway)

keep fixing things. keep thinking big, but dont expect to put a bunch of design and testing into a product that 5 people might end up buying. david will tell you, its not all its cracked up to be. you showed us that you can fix some rust and paint, but anyone can do that. your pics didnt show us anything techy at all really. reaplcing fenders and such is nothing compared to the engineering that david put into his work, and he gave up on the idea of building products to sell here. looks like you need to do some research on what has been done before, and then maybe figure out what you can do to add to the community
QUOTE (kjeffery @ Apr 17 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet again Scott, you have all the answers

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Apr 17 2009, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No. All the answers are in the Kakabox build thread.

QUOTE (Lymitliss @ May 26 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. King Kaymo has all the answers :lol:

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)
Here's a thought as well, if you could spread the love to the 3G there are currently no body parts available. I am sure there is a market for it, what that is has yet to be determined but may grow with popularity of the 3G, but even if you made a few parts and disappeared at least one of the mainstay vendors could pick up where you left off cause I am sure some of the people that have been here for years would pick up your parts.

mickcrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic CRX HF (Carbed)
There is more money in boats in this economy. Everyone is selling them. Buy buy Buy! So when the economy rises many moons from now, the boat buyers today can unload their collection for profit. My point is, there is money in anything. Ya just need to put in the time and money and give it a shot. Trial and error is how fortune five dudies did it. Ofcourse, being surrounded by the right crowd helps! I like the Crx empire ideas on this topic. There is fun to be had and money to be made if you work hard enough at it and put your mind in control. For now, I will just bag my groceries at the local super market. Uncle Sam loves working fools like myself. Its fun though. Gets to check out cashier chics bum bums. MAkes time fly. On a serious note........

Edited by mickcrx, 08 August 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Fireman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRXsi, 1978 F150, and 1989 Ranger
Thanks to all the people wh have been giving me good advice and support. I will be starting on the prototypes within the next month, and post some pics after they are complete. I will be building all the prototypes for use on my own demo car, so all the ones after will just be replicas of the originals and the cost of building the originals is not a worry. If i see that somebody is interested in what I made, then I will make more. If not, then it will only exist on my car, and it wont bother me. I will be back after I have some new toys to show you all. Have a nice day

NWClassicHonda

• "Leader of the pack"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si, 87 Civic Si, 88 Integra Special
    Garage View Garage
Just worry about making parts for your own car, making a company shouldn't even be in the picture untill you have proved yourself in the community with stuff you have built.

"for all your pre-1988 Honda restoration needs 206-940-8173"

"vouch thread"
http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1

1g, 2g, 3g Civic

1g CRX

1g Integra

1g, 2g, 3g Accord

1g, 2g, 3g Prelude

cars, parts, collectibles and more!

http://www.nwclassichonda.com

ChrisF-dude