D15a3 Performance

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 honda civic si hatchback, 94 turbo hatch
I have been searching for places that carry d15a3 performance parts for a while now, and haven't turned up any results. If anyone, anyone at all knows of any places/sites with anything performance related for the d15a3, please let me know.

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Well, not many places sell stuff for our ancient cars. A lot of stuff is made by members, like body kits or such. Heel Toe racing sells srut bars. Summit racing has Chikara headers. JG Engine Dynamics used to port and polish early 1.5L heads and put in hotter cams. A turbo kit can be fabricated using a DX exhaust manifold and turbo parts. Red pepper had some adjustable panhard bars. Check the for sale forum, someone is always selling something there. Unorthodox racing makes a underdrive crank pulley for our cars too. Ebay has stuff too, like brake stuff, intakes, forget the chips for $4.99 that make your car 25% more powerful. Good luck.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
ALSO ...overnightautoparts.com has AEM true time adjustable cam gears for our engines...and yu can also find Unorthodox alum crank pulleys....tom tongue.gif
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Oh i see. I'll have to take a look at these places. I'll probibly end up getting everything listed, from port and polish to the cam gear and underdrive pulley. Everyone always swaps in a b-series, i wanna be different from everyone around here and build the old d15a3. I have a turbo 94 hatch, but the 87 si is still my favorite for some reason. smile.gif

Edited by msgall2003, 14 August 2006 - 02:39 PM.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
QUOTE (msgall2003 @ Aug 14 2006, 12:38 PM)
Oh i see. I'll have to take a look at these places. I'll probibly end up getting everything listed, from port and polish to the cam gear and underdrive pully. Everyone always swaps in a b-series, i wanna be different from everyone around here and build the old d15a3. I have a turbo 94 hatch, but the 87 si is still my favorite for some reason.

blink.gif different from everyone here by doing that!!?!?!?

ok, i can tell you havent been here very long!
start out by reading the FAQ, thats a great place to start!
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
No, different from everyone around my area

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (msgall2003 @ Aug 14 2006, 12:40 PM)
No, different from everyone around my area

i see...well in that case, this is a good place for info on that...what makes a huge differance is what you REALLY want the car for (Daily Driver, Auto-X, road race etc.)
1GRPhotography
MySpace

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I would like to make it a daily driver with a decent amount of power. I'm not sure what they put down stock, but i'm sure it's not much. I'm going to go ahead and order everything i can, then get some port and polish work done to it. After all that i'll see where i am, then if i have to i'll turbo it. I'm ganna also go to my local junk yard and grab a coulpe of spare engines. I can get three d15a3's with intake manifold, and exhuast manifold, for about $175. I know the guy who owns the yard. It'll give me a couple of experiment engines.

Edited by msgall2003, 14 August 2006 - 03:06 PM.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (msgall2003 @ Aug 14 2006, 02:05 PM)
...then get some port and polish work done to it.

If you are interested in having someone else look at your porting work, drop me an e-mail and we can talk about it.

[email protected]

Kirk

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Aug 14 2006, 01:14 PM)
If you are interested in having someone else look at your porting work, drop me an e-mail and we can talk about it. 

[email protected]

Kirk

Kirk is an awesome guy! he has answered every question i have had so far!
1GRPhotography
MySpace

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ok, sounds good. there are a few shops around my area that do p&p work, but i don't know anything about thier reputations. I just ordered the aem ajustable cam gear from overnight, and the underdrive pulley from unorthodox, and now i'm lookin' for a cam.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (msgall2003 @ Aug 14 2006, 01:38 PM)
Ok, sounds good. there are a few shops around my area that do p&p work, but i don't know anything about thier reputations. I just ordered the aem ajustable cam gear from overnight, and the underdrive pulley from unorthodox, and now i'm lookin' for a cam.

colt cams regrinds them for a decent price!
1GRPhotography
MySpace

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
colt cams? Aren't they in canada? When i send them my cam, how do they determine how to grind the cam? Is is dependent on my setup or, what i want my setup to be. Or is there a certain way they grind it?

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (msgall2003 @ Aug 14 2006, 01:47 PM)
colt cams? Aren't they in canada? When i send them my cam, how do they determine how to grind the cam? Is is dependent on my setup or, what i want my setup to be. Or is there a certain way they grind it?

email them your specs, and they will make a determination on what to reccoemnd. Geoff is a really nice guy. search for colt cams on here and i bet the email with the specs will pop up... I posted it here a while back
1GRPhotography
MySpace

msgall2003

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
ok. i'll do that. thank for the help, it's nice to see that i'm not the only one still interested in the old 3rd gen. smile.gif