Fuel Pump Replacement Questions

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
Hey Guys,

I am thinking about putting in a new fuel pump tomorrow. Any recomendations on a model? Any advice? My tank is pretty full right now, will this be a problem? Fuel spillage? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks guys.

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
the larger hose running to the center side of the fuel pump should be your main hose coming from the tank. just have a pan underneath, put some gloves on, slide the clamp back and take the hose off, then just flip it up so stop the leaking and pinch it or clog it with a bolt and use some duct tape.... it should work cool.gif

others will leak out whatever gasoline is in them.

P.S. - I could possibly wrong, thats just what I vaugely remember when taking the fuel pump off of the integra. if all else fails, just check a manual

Edited by civtrx, 26 June 2004 - 11:59 PM.

user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
I called around looking for the part this morning and found one, its a Carter brand. Anyone know if this is good or crap? They are pretty pricey. Thanks y'all.

chrisandsarahb

• Warm It Up Chris!
  • PipPipPip
Also, I am totally guessing that this is my problem. It is starting to hesitate after it gets really warm. Temp gets hot. Sometimes I get a code 1, and symptoms diminish, but car still drives sluggish. Plugs are whitish which makes me feel it is running lean. Car also idles Really low sometimes. Whatdya think?

CSPCRX

You may have done this already. But, whens the last time the fuel filter was replaced?

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily