• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

BBQGURU

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx si ... 04 Lancer sportback mivec
    • Image Gallery
I recently moved my battery to the personal storage bin {Dry cell}. Any way I just had to replace the tranny so the battery was disconnected for a while. When I hooked every thing back up everything wass normal untill i went to start the car, i turned the key half way to build fuel pressure I did not hear the fuel pump , instead there was a wierd noise coming from under the dash like a buzzing you couold actually feel it .? after that I turned the key the rest of the way and the car turned over but would not start. so I tried it again And every thing went Dark no noise no nuthin? The battery is charged, the ground is good, all fuses are fine? Any suggestions where to look?

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
Sounds like the main relay. The buzzing has been reported many times. If you didn't fritz up any wires in your conversion that's the first place to check. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

BBQGURU

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (strudel @ Dec 7 2005, 12:57 AM)
Sounds like the main relay. The buzzing has been reported many times. If you didn't fritz up any wires in your conversion that's the first place to check. JS

The wiring is fine, i drove the car for about a month after i moved the battery. Not familiar with the main relay > Is that the three fuses under the hood? because those are fine.

Richard

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: NZDM? 85' Civic Hatch LX- D16A1,92 Toyota Soarer Big Single and a Bunch of Other Stuff
QUOTE (BBQGURU @ Dec 7 2005, 01:38 AM)
QUOTE (strudel @ Dec 7 2005, 12:57 AM)

The wiring is fine, i drove the car for about a month after i moved the battery. Not familiar with the main relay > Is that the three fuses under the hood? because those are fine.

no, its a small closed circuit relay system that tells the fuel pump to prime and to start. its tucked up under the dash , theres three small boxes screwed to the wall, and on a teg its the one closest to the firewall.

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
Main relay is under the left side of the dash. There are about four relays under there and the largest one is the Main relay. Says so right on it. Symptoms are intermittent starting and if it's blitzed the fuel pump won't work and she won't start. Either repai with new solders, get one from the junk yard or replace with a new one. JS

aan.jpg

BBQGURU

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (strudel @ Dec 7 2005, 01:50 AM)
Main relay is under the left side of the dash. There are about four relays under there and the largest one is the Main relay. Says so right on it. Symptoms are intermittent starting and if it's blitzed the fuel pump won't work and she won't start. Either repai with new solders, get one from the junk yard or replace with a new one. JS

Ok what I mean is I get zero power at all no lights, no radio , but the battery is good where do i start

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
If all the under dash fuses are good you better check the fusable link under the hood. And if you don't know anything about electrics get someone that does to help you.

First order of business would be put everything back to normal. Make sure all the wiring is as original. If you cross wired something who knows what you might have burned out.

The negative cable is staight forward and goes to the body and then the engine bracket under the starter.

The positive goes to the starter and the fusible link on the right strut tower. Make sure you didn't mix andy of that stuff up. With out pictures or looking at into the engine bay it's difficult to know what you did or didn't do.

As far as the main relay the dash lights and radio should work without it. JS

aan.jpg

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
The personal storage box is a better place than under the hood, but you should have put your battery as low as possible. My battery is on te floor behind the passenger seat.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

boise_schizo

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX SI D16A1 Powered
    Garage View Garage
if you had power at one point, but it went away after turning the key, you probably have a bad battery terminal. i've haven't used a dry-cell, but i assume it uses post or side-mount terminals, if the wires or the actual terminals are dirty or if they are loose, sometimes you'll turn the key with a little power and all of a sudden, zero powa!

just a suggestion, if no problem there, and you still have no power, check for a short
87 REX D16A1 Swap NA (maybe turbo, later...)
user posted image

FOR SALE:
Complete A\C System (86 CRX HF)
MISC CRX Parts (parting out) no suspension parts, must maintain "rollable" status
Stereos (hehe, i'm a car audio dealer)

WANTED TO BUY:
1G CRX Body Kit (used or new)
Tokicos or comparable shocks for 1G CRX
Wheels (preferably 14's)