K Swap Knowledge Dump

• You cannot reply to this topic
384 replies to this topic

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si K20Z1

KPro came in, and she starts!  But idles super rough, so I'm trying to learn how to tune with it just so I can go for a shakedown drive.  If anyone on here is a KPro genius and wants to help a brother out, let me know.

How long did it take ? Theyve made my ecu almost a month now

CSPCRX

KPro came in, and she starts!  But idles super rough, so I'm trying to learn how to tune with it just so I can go for a shakedown drive.  If anyone on here is a KPro genius and wants to help a brother out, let me know.

Awe some that it’s running!

My KTuned stuff came in. Now waiting on a few final items like pump and pan.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

247christian

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: acura integra honda crx

Hows the oil pan clearance  to the ground?? or should i say how much further does the oil pan hang below the subframe?

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

first start up 

https://www.youtube....h?v=2NiRckBZ8Po

CSPCRX

Brian did a video on VTEC Academy showing his cars.  During the video he shows his 1st gen CRX and 3g Civic, use to belong to my friend, and asked about motors. He asked about K swaps so please post you support for the k swap!

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

OG-TJ

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si 2002 Audi S6 1997 4runner 2003 Audi A6 6MT BiTurbo 1991 Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Great to see this - interested in more K24 clearance info, even K20.  Thanks for keeping this place alive!

WANTED - See my posts in the WTB section

The old long term build which I can no longer edit since my original account broke a few years back.

CSPCRX

Me too. My K24 is on the stand right now. Doing some pre-install work on it.

New rear main seal

Swapped over USDM water pump housing and pump.

Cut the top off the water pump housing, smoothed it.

Made a block off plate for the TB since I am not running the IACV.

replaced both of the Vtec screens.

I am waiting on my oil pan. The 4 Pistons TypeS oil pump conversion finally arrived.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I hope you got a steel oil pan, I would strongly consider it if you didnt 

Me too. My K24 is on the stand right now. Doing some pre-install work on it.

New rear main seal

Swapped over USDM water pump housing and pump.

Cut the top off the water pump housing, smoothed it.

Made a block off plate for the TB since I am not running the IACV.

replaced both of the Vtec screens.

I am waiting on my oil pan. The 4 Pistons TypeS oil pump conversion finally arrived.

CSPCRX

Actually they use the TypeS aluminum pan. They put a baffle system in it which I will need for tracking so I do t get oil starvation.  Spoke to some racers and they strongly recommended it as it has more clearance then the next best option which is the Moroso.

Brian feels that we should have the same clearance I have now. My hood is skinned already so that will help some. 

Are you seeing clearance issues with K20?  Also what are you doing for your radiator? Saw your video saying it has a leak but couldn’t find a good shot of the setup your running.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Id still consider it, im sure you can get a baffled steel pan. I wouldnt call it clearance issues, but its the lowest point of the front of the car. My hood is skinned too, in fact i had to skin it. I have a tucked sheepey / speedfactory radiator. You can see it in the second video. 

Actually they use the TypeS aluminum pan. They put a baffle system in it which I will need for tracking so I do t get oil starvation.  Spoke to some racers and they strongly recommended it as it has more clearance then the next best option which is the Moroso.

Brian feels that we should have the same clearance I have now. My hood is skinned already so that will help some. 

Are you seeing clearance issues with K20?  Also what are you doing for your radiator? Saw your video saying it has a leak but couldn’t find a good shot of the setup your running.

CSPCRX

I have the stock steel K24 still I could go back to, I have not found a steel baffled pan.  Also from what I have read the inserts do not work.  

I’ll go rewatch you second video.

you said you were trying to get ready for a race, what type of race?

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Well I just found out the Js is a no go and discontinued. Uggggg

but found another option at almost half the price and steel. Unit 2 Fab. Basically the same thing but in a steel pan. Hope to get an answer pretty quickly.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

Mag00n

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

I dont mean to sway your decision, just relaying what I wish I had done while I had my oil pan off. I have about 3.5-4 inches from oil pan to ground. Not horrendous, but not great

Well I just found out the Js is a no go and discontinued. Uggggg

but found another option at almost half the price and steel. Unit 2 Fab. Basically the same thing but in a steel pan. Hope to get an answer pretty quickly.

CSPCRX

Not what happened at all. J’s decided to discontinue making them.  They offered to make one for more money and no set time.  So decided to go a different direction.  Turns out the new option is steel which I actually do prefer.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CSPCRX

Did a little work on replacing some seals today on the water pump and housing.  Also had to replace a housing stud.

just as a point of reference.  If you get a JDM K24a and want to run the KTuned ac/ps delete you have to change a few things as the water pump housing and alternator are unique to the JDM K24a.  

you need to get a usdm housing and pump. I got mine off of an 05 CRV in a junk yard. You also need to get the stud from the upper right corner of the housing.  Again the differences in the housing the JDM is longer so you need the shorter CRV one.  The lower left studs is the same.  Then you need an alternator to match your harness.

hoe this may help someone in the future.

Victor

07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily