rab129's Content

There have been 13 items by rab129 (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#515571 Stiff Clutch Pedal

Posted by rab129 on 07 March 2011 - 09:43 PM in 3G Civic

so the clutch cable has been replaced..the squeaking sound is gone but its still very stiff..does it have to do something inside the transmission?

#514729 87 Civic Si Hatch

Posted by rab129 on 24 February 2011 - 06:11 PM in 3G Civic

QUOTE (squareback @ Feb 21 2011, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome to our crazy addiction!

I'm surprised nobody has asked a very important question: What is your intended us for the car once it is lowered? Just looks? Sporty driving? Some sort of racing? The answer will influence which way you should go.

The previous posts listing your options are right on. It is more challenging to find certain parts for our cars, but it is worth it. In some cases, it helps to ask for CRX parts rather than Civic parts. Mechanically, they are the same, and I have heard of some sellers who only list things as CRX parts.

Enjoy!

no racing..more on sporty driving and ofcourse looks as well

#514728 Stiff Clutch Pedal

Posted by rab129 on 24 February 2011 - 06:09 PM in 3G Civic

ok thanks guys..i have no idea how to get to the clutch cable so i think im gonna get someone else to do the work..i wish i knew..i suck! lol

#514308 Stiff Clutch Pedal

Posted by rab129 on 21 February 2011 - 02:38 PM in 3G Civic

Thanks guys!

Most of the time its stiff..

I notice a faint creaking noise (kind of hard to explain, it sounds like a creak or squeak that seems to be coming from the clutch pedal, I gues sounds more like a squeak..

When the clutch pedal is being pushed in (during the inward motion) is when the noise is heard. The noise isn't there while the clutch is held to the floor nor when the pedal is released..

Could my cable be worn out or too tight or is it something more serious?

#514250 Stiff Clutch Pedal

Posted by rab129 on 21 February 2011 - 05:33 AM in 3G Civic

hey guys my clutch pedal gets really stiff. could this maybe be because of the clutch cable? i have no idea..

#514224 87 Civic Si Hatch

Posted by rab129 on 21 February 2011 - 12:56 AM in 3G Civic

so if i go with the tein set up all ill need are upgraded torsion bars and camber plates for the allignment? thats it?

i was on heeltoeauto and looking at the option for the tein suspension, it was asking for spring rate..do i choose 4kg for rough roads and street sports...? and do i need revalving service?

for the torsion bars its also asking for the app? I guess i choose 24mm for sport...?

and there was an option for a Panhard Bar..do i need those as well?

and should i add the hardware kit with the camber plates?

sorry for all the questions..this is the first time im doing this so yea i dnt know much lol

#514219 Jersey!

Posted by rab129 on 21 February 2011 - 12:21 AM in North East

oh ok..thanks!

#514140 Fs: Ew Timing Belt Kit

Posted by rab129 on 20 February 2011 - 06:20 AM in Vendor Listings

hey! i jus bought this from you a few days ago..the timing kit and the si tune up kit smile.gif I was the pain who kept emailing you to send the right tune up kit for the Si..lol..thanks man!

#514139 87 Civic Si Hatch

Posted by rab129 on 20 February 2011 - 05:55 AM in 3G Civic

Thanks guys!

So as far as lowering the car, how low can i go? is 1 1/2" or mayb 2" too low?

do i need to buy camber kits as well for the alignment? if so where can i find them?

Are those tein suspension kits for the front and the rear? or just the rear? What do u guys think is the best option/choice for lowering the car? tein suspension kit or ground control/torsion bars?

I think i will go with the tokico blues and custom short shifter from chedda_j smile.gif

Thanks again..

#514125 The 2011 Donation Thread

Posted by rab129 on 20 February 2011 - 01:45 AM in General Posts

im new to this site and I love it!!! eventhough im still trying to figure out how to use it lol..I'm def gonna donate but how do I do it??? where do i go???

#514124 87 Civic Si Hatch

Posted by rab129 on 20 February 2011 - 01:35 AM in 3G Civic

hey guys! Im new here. Jus bought an '87 civic si. Still trying to get use to this site.its pretty cool. Ok so i want to put a short shifter on my civic and have no idea what or where to get them. And I want to lower my car but have no idea what springs or struts to use or where to find them. Don't know much about 3g civics and It's pretty hard to find aftermarket parts for them or am I jus a dumbass and doing my searches wrong lol! I'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

#513981 Jersey!

Posted by rab129 on 18 February 2011 - 04:33 PM in North East

hey!!! anybody from jersey know of any meets comin up? I'm new to this whole thing. im a proud owner of a 87 civic si biggrin.gif hit my up!

#513980 Ne Members Report!

Posted by rab129 on 18 February 2011 - 04:28 PM in North East

north jersey here! anybody from jersey know of any meets comin up? I'm new to this whole thing. im a proud owner of a 87 civic si biggrin.gif hit me up!