• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
I watched THX 1138 for the first time yesterday, and for anyone whos has wached it, the cars in it a SWEET! took me 45 min to figure out what kind of car it is.... a 1960's LOLA T70 MKIII. I must own one someday! BTW the movie is great! watch it!

remix of clips from the movie set to techno

racing clip of LOLA T70

Edited by OVNi_CIVIC, 13 April 2008 - 08:19 PM.

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

smontanaro

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1970 Porsche 914/6, 1983 Honda Civic wagon
Start saving now...

http://www.toadhallr...m/toad-262.html

Skip Montanaro

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
right!
http://www.classicdr...;lCarID=1742758
http://www.finecars....html?no_cache=1

>.<

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

oldrexer

• Gonna go Sith
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 99 Q45T, 90 E250, 94 Aerostar, 87 Crx Si, 73 Krager Kustom Koach,68 BMW 1600, Vista FV, Margay Brava KT-100, 77 KZ650B, 72 Raleigh Professional, 66 Schwinn Panther, etc.
The one for sale in the link is a 1969 model. The last 1960 I saw went through Barret Jackson for over $1,000,000USD. This would be on my list as well as the Ferrari P3/P4. I have been saving for 30 years and they keep going up faster than I can save. Very frustrating indeed.

Greg Gauper

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '84 Civic (SCCA G-Prod, moved to H-Prod in 2008
We usually get a handfull of T70's that show up for our big vintage/historic event in July at Road America.

Racing legend Mark Donahue won the 24 hours of Daytona in a T70 in the early 70's.

Cool cars!
2011 SCCA H-Production National Champion

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (OVNi_CIVIC @ Apr 13 2008, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I watched THX 1138 for the first time yesterday, and for anyone whos has wached it, the cars in it a SWEET! took me 45 min to figure out what kind of car it is.... a 1960's LOLA T70 MKIII. I must own one someday! BTW the movie is great! watch it!

IIRC George Lucas' budget for THX 1138 did not have room for contemporary race cars. Instead they used clones (VW pans with a body made by Fiber Fab, a Santa Clara California company that made GT40 clones and a Myer's Manx rip off).

I am currently in the process of reading Mark Donohue's book The Unfair Advantage which is a great history of US Sports Car Racing and the early days of the Rodger Penske racing team in the 1960's and early 1970's. In the book he talks extensively about the Lola cars like those pictured.

If you want to see real race cars on a real race track in a movie, rent Steve McQueen's Le Mans. It does not have much of a story but it is worth renting for the driver's point of view shot in a Porsche 917 going about 180 mph in the rain.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
LeMans is an incredible movie.
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(