Holy Sphericals Batman!

• You cannot reply to this topic
367 replies to this topic

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (cahitapower @ Aug 2 2011, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just wondering, because if you aint going to make them any more and someone needs to replace it..there pretty much done for...

I will re-read this thread again may have missed something..thanks

The trick to his kit wasn't that he used spherical barrings, it's that he mounted the barrings in removable sleeves instead of rigging them directly into the subframe. There is nothing (AFAIK) stopping an owner from removing the assemblies, replacing the barrings, and re-installing them.

Remember, he didn't make the barrings, he made the sleeves. The barrings are standard, off the shelf units which can be gotten at any good barring supplier.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
QUOTE (cahitapower @ Aug 2 2011, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just wondering, because if you aint going to make them any more and someone needs to replace it..there pretty much done for...

I will re-read this thread again may have missed something..thanks

I have always stood behind my work, and I always give more customer service than most are used to.

Just because I don't make kit for these cars any more does not mean I am not available to help someone repair something they purchased from me. In most cases, I repair stuff for free.

Look, I know you really wanted this kit. I'm sorry you are not able to buy one.

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
I suppose it's on to greener pastures as far as making automotive products- maybe to a niche of people who are used to paying exorbitant sums of money for parts.... say BMW and Mercedes enthusiast

My gf's dad spends hefty sums of money for odd and difficult to find mercedes w123 parts, just a thought

too bad David, too few of us really deserved your products. If only you knew how to half-ass
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 2 2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suppose it's on to greener pastures as far as making automotive products- maybe to a niche of people who are used to paying exorbitant sums of money for parts.... say BMW and Mercedes enthusiast

My gf's dad spends hefty sums of money for odd and difficult to find mercedes w123 parts, just a thought

too bad David, too few of us really deserved your products. If only you knew how to half-ass

Thanks for your kind works. But I'm not making parts for any one else but myself. I'm finding that I'm not really built for the whole "Mass Production" thing. I love creating stuff, and working through the problems of basic development. It's the making part that I find no fun. I'm using my infrastructure to satisfy my own needs. Its fun to walk down to the shop and have very few obstacles in the way of me creating what I want.

At the moment, I'm collecting the materials to set up a small foundry to cast some aluminum parts. I even found a free, dead water heater on Craig's List I'm using for the shell of my furnace. I have this idea for an intake manifold for the H22 project... wink.gif

I've been super busy building all kinds of stuff lately. I would share more of what I'm working on, but it's all completely off topic. sad.gif

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

masterpenguin

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
I would still be interested in what you are working on Haha. I love fabricating and engineering no matter what it applies to, still awesome to see what people can think up and build with their hands.
-rob

Edited by masterpenguin, 03 August 2011 - 12:33 AM.

toxicshit

hey david, thanks for the nice parts that you sold to me the last years! and the exelent spare parts service. i still love to see some production pics of the new stuff so we can try to make some stuff ourselves/

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

Acre's Hatch

This is such a deep read! Wow. Any feed back regarding realtime benefits of bushings or traction bar for daily use? Are any of these parts still available?

3G Southern Civics

GeezRX

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2016 Contributor
    • Drives: Only loaners at the present time!
    Garage View Garage

This is such a deep read! Wow. Any feed back regarding realtime benefits of bushings or traction bar for daily use? Are any of these parts still available?

Sadly, not from firstgencrx any longer, but you can get maybe the next best thing here: http://www.cheddasau...87-civic-cr-x-2 Can't believe you aren't already aware of his products?

"Old and usually in the way" - Check out my '86 3G build in "VIEW GARAGE"