• You cannot reply to this topic
97 replies to this topic

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
Here are two options:

OEM Hood with ZC bulge, exact copy. Priced at $300, ships within 1 week. Possible matching header panel to be made available soon.

1Piece hood integrating the header panel. Unknown price, but likely to be $350+. Need to make a mold, and the hood has never been laid yet. Prolly minimum of 2 months before shipping.

I can do the OE hoods now, and ship them out pretty quick. The 1 piece hood has been tempting for a long time, but I am not sure I have the engery to go though with it right now. I was thinking about making a header panel out of CF to match the hood, rather than do the 1 piece design....

Please give me your opinions!

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
IMO keeping the hood in 2 different parts can keep the stock latch in place.. I trust my stock latch over hood pins ANY day of the week....

The only problem with CF is its a magnet for theives... thing is.. Im sure our hondas are to "outdated" in derms of stealing stuff off of them... but CF tends to attract morons...

Personaly I cant keep my hood straight as it is.... I had someone freak out on me and throw a case of beer right on the middle of my hood and dent it to all hell... then I hit a deer 2 weeks ago... blah... CFs to expensive for me....

As cool as the 1 peice design is, unless you could incorperate a hood latch somewhere where the 2nd gens have it on our cars it MIGHT be worth it... but thats just my opinion...

Oh yeah... Header pannels are like 140+ new as it is(jyard finds are rare) Im just wondering now much a CF header pannel would stretch my rectum?

edit - oh yeah, while my brain is churning... why not(if your gonna make hoods as it is) make the hood similar to the SiR hood and raise it... the one piece one I mean.. that might look good, but I could only image the ppl on the resource complaining "oh your just trying to be a 2nd gen, why not buy one"... my responce... "2nd gens are for the uncreative, boring people who take the easy way out"  ;)

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Hey i have a senond gen.... mad.gif  ... whatever.... lol i still want a first gen also.

83Rabbit

• White Rice
  • PipPip
im down for the 2 piece... that way if someone were to bump me in the front i wouldnt have to replace the entire setup. So hook us up with when these babys will be done and ready for payment!
Brett
1986 Grabber Blue CRX Si: K&N Filter, koni reds, air/fuel guage, msd blaster ss, ss lines, teg front/rear brakes.

"If anyone on this board ever installs one of those things, and I hear about it, I will ban them for life. " - rpr

solo2crx

• Jason F.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1995 Miata, 1993 Del Slow Si, 1999 ToreAss Se
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (CRX8Grand @ Jan. 20 2003,10:46)
IMO keeping the hood in 2 different parts can keep the stock latch in place.. I trust my stock latch over hood pins ANY day of the week....

I find that just incredibly funny. You trust a small stamped steel hook latch more than two solid metal pins through two much more solid mounting points?

Racers have been using Hood pins longer than either of us has been alive and they are far more secure than a factory latch. Some of the newer designs with integrated locking pins are even better. Yes they do nothing to prevent theft if not locked in some fashion but I don't use them on street cars anyway.

As a side note several months ago I was next to a fella who had his hood fly up on him at about 65 on the interstate. shocked the hell out of him and shattered the heck out of his windshield. His factory safety latch worked real well!  :0
user posted image

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

"Some people are like Slinkies . . .. not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
Housemann offers a lightweight fiberglass hood for $165.

Here's the link.... HERE

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Houseman prices are in U.S. fund

Doodson

Airjockie

• I LIKE RED (spray-paint)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
Well, yesterday I spotted some actual locking hood pins, and they did look secure, but I would like to retain the stock latching system, couse it was a bitch for me to replace it so I didn't have to use hood pins.  I would however be interested in the 2 piece design.  If it was possible, even with the DOHC bump, plus maybe a vent to let some air in near the intake.  And as for the carbon fiber look, I really don't care, the car stays locked up in the garage all year anyways, only to see a meet or drive somewhere.  If you don't want it to stand out to theive's, then paint it the cars color.  I would only like it for the wheght saving's and strength anyways.

Put me in as a potential buyer...
87 CRX SI, Wide body, and still not running...RB25DET?!?!?!
74 260Z....going to get rebuilt soon....
07 Subaru outback...Daily Driver...

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Doodson @ Jan. 20 2003,14:12)
Houseman prices are in U.S. fund

Doodson

Yeah, but so is $300 for the CF hood.

JAKOB biggrin.gif
1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
I am going CF cuz I like the look... call me a risboi, but fuggoff. I know about housman, but I am wanting something different.

Hood pins just as strong as the latch. I would use pins with an OE latch anyway, but the problem is not the latch, it is the striker. The loop on the hood is more likely to pull out, that is why pins are necessary....

I am hoping a header panel will be about 150-200....it is possible considering the panel will use about 1/3rd the amount of material of a hood, and 150 is about 1/3rd the cost of a typical hood.

SiR would be cool, but there is no part available for a mold. ZC or non-ZC, that's it....

I am kinda leaning toward 2 piece design...mostly I wanna know the demand #s....how many will be needed?

rosendo192000

• time get closer 4 the b16
  • PipPip
QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Jan. 20 2003,18:09)
I am kinda leaning toward 2 piece design...mostly I wanna know the demand #s....how many will be needed?

me too im ready to send my payment

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
2 piece wouldnt be bad, at least I could be a PITA and just order a hood  wink.gif  sad thing is im going to get hood pins tomorow because i cant find any latches at the yards around my area... so hood pins it is(I cant get to a dealer due to being at school)... I still trust the stock latch... when its working correctly, this bungy cord shit with the hood sticking open is getting on my nerves.. as it hittin that deer wasnt bad enough...

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~

86crxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i have a spair latch, and since i just sold all the fenders and hood yesterday, i don't have anything to latch down.  let me no if you want it, i'll work something with ya..........

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
Marcus

My vote is in for the one piece hood, since I am more than fine with hood pins.  However it looks like I will be outnumbered so I would be interested in the 2 piece if that is my only option.  If the poll is close and it comes down to the wire, put my vote down for 1 piece.

Dave
DM
PHX, AZ

sk8lilbob

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 CRX SI
Id say go with the two piece. It would be cool if you can design it just like the one at http://www.schneider...port.de/crx.htm  . I think that little air dam is really cool and the dohc bump is key...even though im still on the stock motor. How do you think the CF would look with my midatlantic blue though? Hmmm....ill have to photoshop it.