Cold Idles Around 1100, Warm Stalls

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

Lockhart

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 2013 Ford Taurus SHO, 1984 Honda CRX HF

Ok situation: I got it running... almost positive my vacuum lines are hooked up incorrectly. but this is the symptoms

It will idle forever as long as i dont hit the gas pedal (on a cold start), once i hit the gas pedal it will not hold idle again until hours after its cooled down. I have no experience with this vacuum nightmare and could use some help picture posted below of what im working with

j0cfhd.jpg

Please if you see any discrepancies with the vacuum lines tell me so i can fix them..

Lockhart

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 2013 Ford Taurus SHO, 1984 Honda CRX HF

Secondly I have managed to come up with a Temporary fix.. Maybe permanent you tell me how safe it is.. I tightened the throttle Cable and now its idling steadily at 1000 after warmed up.. Could it really have been that simple or To ensure longevity is there something else i need to do!

crxtrailrider

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1985 honda civic crx hf
I have the same problem. where on the throttle cable did you tighten it?

letank

I have a similar problem on the EW1, but only on wet foggy or rainy nights, I need to let the engine warm up until the temp needle is above the cold zone, otherwise it will stall and not restart for 20 mins. On cold dry nights there are no problems with the cold engine.

I have tested all the sensors as per the TSM... and found that one thermosensor B or C that keep the high idle on the back of the intake is bad, but it is such a headache to remove the sensor, discontinued at the dealer, that I went to the junkyard to practice on removal first and only broke the dam thing, and the one that I successfully removed was bad

So I decided to increase the idle speed with the timing by 2 degrees and it does not stall on first gear. That idle screw is impossible to reach by a human hand driven screwdriver....