• You cannot reply to this topic
140 replies to this topic

94accordsedan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
Found this on Craigslist:
#089 for sale: http://scranton.crai...1562633865.html

Price looks reasonable, a good bit lower than what we paid for ours but ours had 1/2 the mileage. One of you PA locals should pick it up, hopefully Doug can uncover more details and add it to the registry.
The Brown Sean
'85 Straman CRX Si #1061
'00 2zz MR2 Spyder

Aivaklp

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: crx 91m ed9
hi. this is my straman crx http://picasaweb.goo...icius/20091121# i am from Lithuania and buy this crx in sweden.

Edited by Aivaklp, 25 January 2010 - 05:25 AM.

slimwhitman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 Acura Legend Coupe, 86 CRX Spyder, 60 DeSoto Adventurer
QUOTE (Aivaklp @ Jan 23 2010, 04:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi. this is my straman crx http://picasaweb.goo...icius/20091121# i am from Lithuania and buy this crx in sweden.

Welcome! Your Straman is the latest one known to us on rpr. As you know, from the door jamb, it was converted in January 1989. The previous owner was unable to locate the ST serial number stamped into the top frame. Hopefully, you will be able to find that stamping. If your car has that stamping somewhere, it would unlock the key to help us know the final build count. It is likely that your car is one of the very last converted. -slim

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT
QUOTE (94accordsedan @ Jan 23 2010, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Found this on Craigslist:
#089 for sale: http://scranton.crai...1562633865.html

Price looks reasonable, a good bit lower than what we paid for ours but ours had 1/2 the mileage. One of you PA locals should pick it up, hopefully Doug can uncover more details and add it to the registry.

We've seen this car listed for sale before in SoCal. The photos still show it with California plates. One of you PA guys should pick it up!
A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Aivakip'

You information for an '89 conversion is very valuable to us. Magazines claim 310 built. BUt we have proof up to the 150's.

Almost all of the Straman CRX's have small stamping on flatbar support on driver's side above you head. I did come across one here in Dallas that had it on the passenger side roof frame. So you'll need to look it over very carefully. Stamping is size as normal textbook text. Will begin with "ST" or "STA".

good luck and welcome aboard

Dave (#10)
Keepin' it OEM

94accordsedan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (GLHS988 @ Jan 26 2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've seen this car listed for sale before in SoCal. The photos still show it with California plates. One of you PA guys should pick it up!

I was interested in getting Straman #2, but the owner is non-responsive. I am a bit hesitant to email the person who made the listing again, could be a scam.
The Brown Sean
'85 Straman CRX Si #1061
'00 2zz MR2 Spyder

Aivaklp

• Granny
  • Pip
good day. ST did not find anywhere else. where you have to be ST-number, there does not exist. I am very well visited. very interesting to me, How late it is from the 310th sorry, but I do not find. maybe even found changing the roof. a little more information, Mileage: 99,200, TransmisiĆ³n MT
A / C yes (and work) Location: Lithuania.

94accordsedan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Jan 26 2010, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aivakip'

You information for an '89 conversion is very valuable to us. Magazines claim 310 built. BUt we have proof up to the 150's.

Could they be non sequential? Although so far all the numbers appear sequential for the years.

The Brown Sean
'85 Straman CRX Si #1061
'00 2zz MR2 Spyder

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Nah, look at slims/wolf's data, the ST's are sequential.

Keepin' it OEM

94accordsedan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Jan 26 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, look at slims/wolf's data, the ST's are sequential.

Yep, just didn't know if there were any strange gaps like the Type R had. Anyway, I am definitely curious what the number on the '89 conversion is.

P.S. Scranton car owner has not responded, either the car is sold or its a scam. I was hoping to have a second one in the family.

Sean (co-owner of #061)

Edited by 94accordsedan, 26 January 2010 - 10:29 PM.

The Brown Sean
'85 Straman CRX Si #1061
'00 2zz MR2 Spyder

Aivaklp

• Granny
  • Pip
hi everybody! in this weakend i try to very good looking the top frame and search STxxx. if i faund i write you. i many times try to search this number. i see in the pictures in waht place must be a that number . i dont finde.... fast i show pictures for restouration works . in lithuania is very dificult to find any parts for this car. parts nead park lights, seats, ecu (rust inside conectors) front ''mask'' and in lithuania i cant find any parst. later i try tu bay in Ebay.

Edited by Aivaklp, 28 January 2010 - 02:41 PM.

slimwhitman

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 91 Acura Legend Coupe, 86 CRX Spyder, 60 DeSoto Adventurer
QUOTE (Aivaklp @ Jan 28 2010, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi everybody! in this weakend i try to very good looking the top frame and search STxxx. if i faund i write you. i many times try to search this number. i see in the pictures in waht place must be a that number . i dont finde.... fast i show pictures for restouration works . in lithuania is very dificult to find any parts for this car. parts nead park lights, seats, ecu (rust inside conectors) front ''mask'' and in lithuania i cant find any parst. later i try tu bay in Ebay.

Aivaklp - Ebay is good, but ask us too. Go to the "Classifides" section, under "WTB" (which means "want to buy"). Start a thread there and list the parts you need. Many of us have extras that we will sell you. Good luck. As for the ST#.... I am betting your car has no number. I am finding that cars from the '88-90 time frame were hit & miss regarding the ST stamping. It probably depended who was working that day?

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would have to say something fishy is going on here, I had been tracking this car for a few years. These are pictures I have had of this car for about 3-4 years, after these pictures it was then wrecked, sold, repaired poorly, repainted and up for sale again.

I have this car listed as car #82 from the seller last year. You be the judge, Look at the license plates.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sorry I have not been around but I've been real busy, I will try to update all the info people have listed and add my .02 on what I know.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

94accordsedan

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Doug: good catch! I remember that car as well, wasn't it last listed on EBay with 20x,xxx miles? It appears the wheels have been replaced and the person is listing a false mileage. Regardless, it definitely smells like a scam.
The Brown Sean
'85 Straman CRX Si #1061
'00 2zz MR2 Spyder